The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I see a lot of people saying that the companies wont allow cross-platform and such. But if you look at Modern Warfare they do cross platform rather well from what I see, hell I went from my PS4 to my PC and haven't had any issues with cross transfer of items other then COD Coins. Yes its not perfect but it can be done. Yet again Call of Duty is WAAAAAY larger the Warframe and most likely has way more money to throw at these companies to allow it. Also there is the server thing, I don't know how the servers interact with one another on Modern Warfare being on Sony, Xbox, and Blizzard. I am really hoping one day I can play my PS4 account on my PC though, I really don't play on my PS anymore since I moved over to PC. After having 5 or 6 years being a ps4 player its no fun to start over on PC with a new account.

With next generation of consoles being here within 50 days (November 12th for Ps5 and Ps5 Digital, and November 10th for the Xbox Series X and Series S). I expect some news about account migration from console to console, within the next month, at latest being a week or 2 after their release.

I expect this entails an opportunity for PC users to also port their account to the new consoles, considering when Warframe came to Ps4, Xbox, and recently the Nintendo Switch, they gave a months notice in advance, to give everyone an opportunity to port their account information (although Ps4 had a smaller grace period of only 2 days).

A step above this transition, is an opportunity for Console (including switch) players to port their accounts to PC, as a one time deal, until they can sort out cross-save. 

The best possible scenario for me is if Cross-save was released on day 1 along side the new consoles, but the chances of that happening are insurmountable, and extremely unlikey (like seeing a Unicorn), as last time we got word on the subject from Steve it was in the form of "We don't have any substantial information on that", rather than his trademark "It's coming Soon", so it might not even be in full development (which I am completely expecting, as the Outbreak pushed everything back, and made it much harder to develop things,  especially like a new database).

However even if the bare minimum happens, and all we get is an account transfer to the new consoles, I'd be completely content with that, Warframe on the new consoles will run significantly better than the 2012 Air turbines  Ps4 users have now (and the same for the Xbox although their consoles arent loud).

a new console generation doesn't mean "account migration from console to console"  it just means new consoles in the same family of consoles. it's the same platform and DE stores your account info on their servers anyway you just log into your warframe account on the new PS5 and all your stuff is there.  Same for the new Xbox. idk where all these false hopes are coming from.
DE said they're gonna look into cross platform save but not in the near future.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Darkrya said:

With next generation of consoles being here within 50 days (November 12th for Ps5 and Ps5 Digital, and November 10th for the Xbox Series X and Series S). I expect some news about account migration from console to console, within the next month, at latest being a week or 2 after their release.

I expect this entails an opportunity for PC users to also port their account to the new consoles, considering when Warframe came to Ps4, Xbox, and recently the Nintendo Switch, they gave a months notice in advance, to give everyone an opportunity to port their account information (although Ps4 had a smaller grace period of only 2 days).

A step above this transition, is an opportunity for Console (including switch) players to port their accounts to PC, as a one time deal, until they can sort out cross-save. 

The best possible scenario for me is if Cross-save was released on day 1 along side the new consoles, but the chances of that happening are insurmountable, and extremely unlikey (like seeing a Unicorn), as last time we got word on the subject from Steve it was in the form of "We don't have any substantial information on that", rather than his trademark "It's coming Soon", so it might not even be in full development (which I am completely expecting, as the Outbreak pushed everything back, and made it much harder to develop things,  especially like a new database).

However even if the bare minimum happens, and all we get is an account transfer to the new consoles, I'd be completely content with that, Warframe on the new consoles will run significantly better than the 2012 Air turbines  Ps4 users have now (and the same for the Xbox although their consoles arent loud).

ThirstyTintedBrahmancow-size_restricted.

I'd assume the transition between PS4 - PS5 and Xbox One - whatever it is would be pretty seamless because it doesn't have to transfer anything between companies and as long as the game works on the console it will be fine. 

And I'd personally rather they concentrate on permanent account sync than another migration.

3 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I'd assume the transition between PS4 - PS5 and Xbox One - whatever it is would be pretty seamless because it doesn't have to transfer anything between companies and as long as the game works on the console it will be fine. 

And I'd personally rather they concentrate on permanent account sync than another migration.

My account information is in the servers that belong to Sony, if I hop to another PS4, the account is sitting there as soon as I verify my account. Why would anyone think that it will make a difference if I hop on a PS5 instead? I'd still be connecting to the account stored on the servers that Sony uses,

It's like thinking that someone who upgrades their computer would experience an account migration. Doesn't make any sense. 

4 hours ago, EDM774 said:

idk where all these false hopes are coming from.

I don't think they'll do it, but the mindset might come from the fact that new generation consoles means players that never had a PS4 or XBone might be getting the next gen ones. This means PC players that quit previously might be open to coming back and buying more plat if they have the option to do it on their shiny new toy.

11 hours ago, Azulteous said:

I see a lot of people saying that the companies wont allow cross-platform and such. But if you look at Modern Warfare they do cross platform rather well from what I see, hell I went from my PS4 to my PC and haven't had any issues with cross transfer of items other then COD Coins. Yes its not perfect but it can be done. Yet again Call of Duty is WAAAAAY larger the Warframe and most likely has way more money to throw at these companies to allow it. Also there is the server thing, I don't know how the servers interact with one another on Modern Warfare being on Sony, Xbox, and Blizzard. I am really hoping one day I can play my PS4 account on my PC though, I really don't play on my PS anymore since I moved over to PC. After having 5 or 6 years being a ps4 player its no fun to start over on PC with a new account.

Exceptions to a rule, don't disprove the rule, tenno. As you said COD is in a pretty different ballgame to Warframe.

14 hours ago, (NSW)covan12 said:

so many pple r against cross platform, but its funny gameinformer had a article in it about ALL EXCEPT SONY 

agreeing to crossplatform quite funny that im the only one who ever noticed. or there r others but have decided to stay quiet. regardless crossplatform wont b a thing till sony gets their collective heads out of their rears that any, ANY progress in these things can happen. cross saves nice but like everything theres always the ones who make it difficult

Dude, try it again, nobody here is against it. We're all saying that the sticking point is the companies that DE has contractual obligations to. Not sure how you missed that.

On 2020-09-11 at 12:11 PM, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

steam has nothing to do with it, you can play warframe without steam, but yeah, the main thing i see is the console companies being so greedy that they wont allow it and try to salvage every penny they can get

Not really because they all have the game so neither is having some exclusive source of revenue from it like halo. Cross play could happen but aside from getting company approval they would also have to slow down OC updates to match with console versions which DE has stated they are going to do any time soon

6 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I'm not gonna blindly "blame" anyone without facts.  There are games with cross play and cross save in existence right now.  It can be done.  

OK let's say that I have a store that sells paintings. Last week someone came in and bought a painting off of me, and paid for it, but their house is under renovation right now and they asked if it could stay in the store until next week. I said sure because I have the space and they already paid for it so no problem. I put a little tag on the wall indicating that it's got an owner. 

Then today you come in and say that you really want to buy it, no matter the cost. I say, "oooh sorry someone has a claim on that one, they paid and everything". 

Would you, at that point pull a Karen and say that you don't care, obviously you can have it because it's right there, and you are entitled to just take it because you want it? 

Can I, as the supplier, just be like "sure, screw the guy who already paid for it, and screw the legality of the binding contract that we have"? Or would that be wrong of me, and the original buyer who has the legally binding contract of sale be able to take me to court for breaching that contract to give you what you want? 

Think about it before you answer. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Account information and progression, etc. are saved server-side, this is true... though I'm hoping that the game's movement to the next generation of consoles will allow for renegotiation of existing contracts.

(inb4 "there's a clause for that in the existing contract" bullcrap)

In b4 that's a really far fetched idea and you seem out of touch with how contracts work. 

Why do you guys want account migration so badly? Did you change platform or something? Or do you want to change platform?

What that would be, switching from Xbox to Playstation or other way around?

I see a lot of wishful thinking in this thread, but i don't understand why people want to Believe so hard. What problem account migration is supposed to solve?

On 2020-09-17 at 12:39 PM, (PS4)Darkrya said:

What are you on about?
Why would PS4 Warframe and PS5 Warframe be two seperate things? Same for XBox.

On 2020-09-17 at 12:39 PM, (PS4)Darkrya said:

And why would that be a thing.
Why would Sony or Microsoft be interested in losing paying customers?

OP, do you have any idea what you are talking about?

35 minutes ago, 32768 said:

. What problem account migration is supposed to solve?

It improves player access should they

1. Own multiple platforms

2. Buy new platforms

3. Have a device kick the bucket

For the game developer, it is about player retention. 

A simple question to ask about possible barriers for players is... how likely is a player to start over on a new platform?

For instance,

If my ps4 died today, I may want to replace it.  Meanwhile I have a nintendo switch and a pc.  I certainly would not restart an account on a different platform, but if I could continue my account on one I already own, I may very likely keep playing warframe.

That is why others (example Destiny 2) have enabled cross save.

Archived