The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

It would be a great idea for the developers to make the game crossplatform so players can stay much more united, even on different consoles!
the game is a co-op game so there will be no disadvantage or advantage for no one.
What do You think about it? can it be a good idea?

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

We wont hear anything regarding Crossplay/cross save until they have something to come back with. They addressed this a couple of devstream ago. Until then DE wont address it. 

You do realize that they addressed it literally yesterday, yes?

Nowadays they address it every other Devstream, although they always say the same thing.

Crossplay will never be a thing dou to PC and console market differences , PC builds being ahead of consoles , account data server security issues , contracts DE has made with console manufacturers and platnum market .

People should forget about crosdplay , however cross progress something DE talked about and one day we might see it .

I'd sooner ask Nintendo for that, since they're the ones who'd be losing your business. And Sony, since it'd open up a precedent that they likely wouldn't want to.

Though after hearing from DE_Steve last stream I'm more hopeful than ever for cross save to become reality. Demand is higher than ever, the pressure is on, and I sincerely believe that for them to be even considering it then console companies might very well be alright with it.  It still might not happen, but if that happens it'll be because they truly couldn't achieve it. At least in this day and age.

it's more to do with what the platform holder wants. Nintenno are in a weird position, because the other consoles have a new gen coming, but there isn't a Switch 2 or whatever Nintendo would call it, so your only choice is to switch to a new platform. or hope that the Switch eventually gets a successor (I don't see why it wouldn't, it apparently sold really well. definitely better than the Wii ever did..)

28 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's more to do with what the platform holder wants. Nintenno are in a weird position, because the other consoles have a new gen coming, but there isn't a Switch 2 or whatever Nintendo would call it, so your only choice is to switch to a new platform. or hope that the Switch eventually gets a successor (I don't see why it wouldn't, it apparently sold really well. definitely better than the Wii ever did..)

Nintendo have many flaws but they do not insist on jailing saves to their platform. Also PC players aren't being given the option. I do not know if DE made that call, or Sony, but it is anti-consumer as hell. I say this as someone with no interest in a playstation or xbox.

New platforms should mean every player gets the opportunity to move there.

48 minutes ago, (NSW)Knight4909 said:

I think I speak for many when many people are trapped in one console because they cant migrate to another. ESPESCIALLY when a new console gen is coming.

If you want your results, direct your petitions to Sony and Microsoft, not DE. DE are already well aware their players want this

Unless you can get Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to give their approvals for cross-save and/or cross-play, this is unfortunately not going to happen. While DE could, like other game makers, develop the functionality, they cannot implement it without approval of the console manufacturers.

Locking, as this has been answered many times in many threads.

The Nintendo Switch Community is the largest NEW PLAYER Group to the family. They talk so much about the New player experience, and keeping new players, but this entire community of Nintennos were mostly New, and have stuck around. With each new update I just feel less and less welcome to the Warframe family. Switch players seem to just be the lower class Tenno. My friend Offline list keeps growing. 

Please yes for the love of god. The switch version of Warframe has one of the least active playerbase I have ever unfortunately been apart of.

Not to mention the game itself is highly unstable and suffers from some awful fps drops when play in groups.

Yes. Get us nintenno out of this gaming hell.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

Please yes for the love of god. The switch version of Warframe has one of the least active playerbase I have ever unfortunately been apart of.

Not to mention the game itself is highly unstable and suffers from some awful fps drops when play in groups.

Yes. Get us nintenno out of this gaming hell.

Unfortunately the Switch version is years behind the other platforms in terms of developing a playerbase.

I had even attempted an account migration when the Switch version was first released but so little of my account was transferrable that it was pointless to move onto Switch. I'm sure I'm not the only PC player who intended on switching platforms to the Switch but was unable to do so because a large portion of their PC content was not transferrable.

On 2020-11-06 at 9:01 PM, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

It really annoyed me that they've managed to get cross save going on 2 consoles but in a way that still shackles people to 1 console company. To top it off, apparently a new console gen is not a big enough deal to bother offering PC players the opportunity to move to playstation. Watch them not have a way to change sides in the console war when the next-gen hits. 

I just want to be able to log in to PC to play with PC players sometimes, maybe they'd like to also experience the sheer joy of taking a dump while playing warframe in handheld mode. When the next Nintendo console hits I have no doubt now what the deal will be: Move to that console with my stuff, or get stuffed.

Console Warcrimes.

They didn't managed anything, PS4 and PS5 share a lot of things (same with xbox users playing warframe on next gen even before announce)., so they are sharing basically the same architecture  This isn't a "DE bad" thing,.

Yeah. I just want to move my account from Nintendo Switch to PC. Cross save would be even better, but at this point I would take a one time transfer. Heck, I would even pay a fee to do it.

In my opinion the game is becoming far too advanced to run on the Nintendo Switch. The long loading times, sluggish menus, etc. I play solo with all of the high end options turned off and there are still a lot of performance issues.

Exactly the same here. I've already made a PS4 account, but I can't bring myself to betray all the hundreds of hours of work, farming, money spent on prime access, and the general bond I have with my Switch account. 

Honestly once next gen hits, I'll probably be done unless we get account migration from Nintendo to Sony, or at best, cross save between all platforms.

On 2020-11-06 at 6:29 PM, (NSW)Exocthulhu said:

While I personally think cross-save is a better long term solution, I think allowing players to do account migration when a new console release should be allowed, even if it is only to the new platform(s). I would even pay for the feature at this point. Not being able to migrate my account progression or use my save on another console means I will not be playing Warframe until one or the other becomes available. Really I want whatever option they would be able to provide in a timely manner.

Same here.

Archived