Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel missions are stupid

Ramxenoc

From what I've gathered from videos is that grendel isn't worth the trouble it is to get and trying to get him has ruined my mood for the day. Nobody in recruiting wants to help do this S#&$ and i don't blame them. The no mods thing is ridiculously anti-fun considering this game is based around mods and being a powerful space ninja. So mad i don't even remember what i wanted to say other than to come here just to be mad. This was in my opinion the dumbest way to release a warframe especially considering months down the line when all the players that got him or decided he wasn't worth wouldn't be doing these missions anymore. Trying to do it solo seems near impossible companions are useless and a lot of weapons are probably useless in this. Maybe im wrong about the weapons thing but this is complete garbage in my eyes.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Just hold out for that sweet 75%. That's how I got Harrow lol.

i'm not buying him regardless. I have 2k plat he isn't worth it im not buying him..i did the grind for harrow though the spy mission is what took me so long.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Instead of just being mad just take a look through your arsenal and figure out what might work. You most certainly can solo all 3, good luck!

my best thought was inaros, khora, or octavia none work because damage is trash enemies do rad damage and you run out of energy and nobody wants to do it. Just gonna stop playing and im not getting grendel. Wasn't excited for him when they teased him on gauss reveal, havent been excited for him after he released and i not thrilled now. Just won't get him 

Just now, Ramxenoc said:

my best thought was inaros, khora, or octavia none work because damage is trash enemies do rad damage and you run out of energy and nobody wants to do it. Just gonna stop playing and im not getting grendel. Wasn't excited for him when they teased him on gauss reveal, havent been excited for him after he released and i not thrilled now. Just won't get him 

I liked it cos it forces you to think outside the box. If you're used to pressing 4 to win then yeh you won't enjoy it. The trick is to use abilities that either only need casting once or a frame that can survive without using abilities. And I don't mean by having a lot of health.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I liked it cos it forces you to think outside the box. If you're used to pressing 4 to win then yeh you won't enjoy it. The trick is to use abilities that either only need casting once or a frame that can survive without using abilities. And I don't mean by having a lot of health.

Do you think grendel is worth the trouble and do you use him often? I've only seen negatives on why he isn't worth the trouble or even worth having because other frames give more or better buffs for less. Als thinking outside the box isnt what makes warframe fun. The frames and the weapons and abilities is what makes it fun. You enjoyed it and thats good. I do not and i imagine a lot of other people didn't. But i could be a minority

I found revenant to be the best frame for damage. His 1 can self cast forever and if you kill a guy with it, the thing it leaves behind kills piles of guys as well as casts it for free again. It’s just the gift that keeps on giving.

You’ll probably need limbo or something for extracting. I hate extraction 😞

Oh forgot.

is he worth it? No

hope that helps.

7 minutes ago, Ramxenoc said:

Do you think grendel is worth the trouble and do you use him often? I've only seen negatives on why he isn't worth the trouble or even worth having because other frames give more or better buffs for less. Als thinking outside the box isnt what makes warframe fun. The frames and the weapons and abilities is what makes it fun. You enjoyed it and thats good. I do not and i imagine a lot of other people didn't. But i could be a minority

Good question, he's a bit of a meme frame, good fun to use but certainly not life changing. For completion sake he's worth it obviously but I suppose it depends on how much you play the game. I just see him as one more frame to muck about with, the difficulty level in warframe is so low you can pretty much use any frame and create an interesting build for them to have fun with.

Revenant with broken Scepter make some thralls and boom got a bunch of distractions, scepter for energy from the moas, disco party when to many. 

If you can find one extra person a limbo makes it easy mode 

I found the Grendel missions engaging in a different way.  Had to actually try out different frames and different strategies and since mods didn't matter it didn't feel like punished for not sinking 5 forma into a frame for a specific build.  

The missions were made for those who wanted a mode such as this just as Steel Path is for those who wanted a Hard mode and Conclave was for those who wanted PvP.

It is fully optional and if not your taste of coffee, as well as not gonna buy him...you can skip it and never know what you did not get.

Maybe one day you want to challenge yourself and see if you are able to solo those missions when you have more faith in your skills. It will be there waiting....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

The missions were made for those who wanted a mode such as this just as Steel Path is for those who wanted a Hard mode and Conclave was for those who wanted PvP.

It is fully optional and if not your taste of coffee, as well as not gonna buy him...you can skip it and never know what you did not get.

Maybe one day you want to challenge yourself and see if you are able to solo those missions when you have more faith in your skills. It will be there waiting....

I just wanted the frame dude. I felt like arbitrations and steel path were the challenge. Not a quest for a warframe...I wanted to try him out and add to my collection.

Just now, Cptcurdles said:

hildryn + wolf sledge run around heavy slam attacking everything, i solo`d all of the missions this way, defense however was a massive pain but doable

i was gonna get her after him actually. I have bad luck farming toroids and i still am not even at the rank to buy her parts

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Bruh... 

Grendle missions didn't take skill and they weren't challenging, removing a players mods was just strait up lazy.

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Bruh... 

Grendle missions didn't take skill and they weren't challenging, removing a players mods was just strait up lazy.

I AGREE, but im enjoying that people are giving suggestions instead of insulting me like a lot of other game forums do.

1 minute ago, Ramxenoc said:

I AGREE, but im enjoying that people are giving suggestions instead of insulting me like a lot of other game forums do.

Well Warframe's forums aren't entirely exempt from the "git gud" crowd, but we do at least have some people who try.

On-topic: I have not done the Grendel missions, but from what I've gathered most people agree that it isn't really a skill check so much as a cheese check.

But I'd rather deal with something like Grendel than the mess of RNG spam that is Fortuna for Hildryn and Baruuk, I STILL don't have the Systems I need to get to the rank where standing can buy Systems so I have no choice but to blindly spam the short one over and over.

1 minute ago, Ramxenoc said:

Warframe Forums tend to be a bit twitchy but mostly good.

Pretty sure someones already suggested Octavia, she was a pretty solid goto for this particular developer puzzle since her powers scale infinitely out of the gate and she pretty much gets full time invisibility. Tho between bouncing around and whatever her 1st ability is called the enemies mostly leave you alone without invis. 

Honestly outside of having a Grendel languishing away in the back of my arsenal collecting dust, I don't even remember what the "challenges" my friend and I duoed where. 

16 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Bruh... 

We could have gotten some fun missions based around Grendel, maybe allow players to actually play as a souped up Grendel against difficult enemies, wrap it around a story about Grendel. 
Alas...

Archived