Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just what is this BS man, why is this even included in drops

Dauggie

so it's about Steel essence, following is my 1hr farm. i do got a booster and had a smeeta give only buffed one time so gave me steel essencex4

https://ibb.co/6rMBqy7 [/img]

without booster i got 8 riven silver and 3 essence. why is silver even in the fkn drop table? if people want to farm it, we got requiem relics for that. it's so fkn annoying to keep getting silvers. And i dont like going above 1hr period since i might Dc and lose everything, also it gets pretty boring. since khora will probably get nerfed which is obvious, after that it will be just more painful for later players who would want to grind essence. atleast you can remove the silvers from drop table. damn it!

Complaining about receiving (material for) Rivens ... I don't get it. I thought those were kind of popular.

Mind, if you had made a point that Essence drop rates should be increased,
so that you can get them at sane rates without a dedicated farming Squad, that I could've gotten behind 😛

7 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Complaining about receiving (material for) Rivens ... I don't get it. I thought those were kind of popular.

I don’t want them either. There is a cap on how many you can exchange per week. Giving out this many is just a poor decision - we get more than we can exchange each week for a single mission.

• Removing the exchange cap would solve this. But we didn’t need another method to get slivers.

I would like them removed, and the essence drop rate buffed.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

those who are interested in rivens would obviously do kuva siphon/flood thus getting plenty of relics even without kuva lich thrall farming. so getting silver from them is way easier than anyone bothering with doing steel path farming (if they actually wanted silvers). but people farming this is specifically for Essence, it's already a low drop rate item. riven silvers is just not required. 

3 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

relics [...] getting silver from them is way easier than anyone bothering with doing steel path farming

I guess I've been super unlucky then, my per-time-spent rate of getting Slivers from Requiem Relics
most definitely is lower than what I've seen in certain Steel Path mission summaries.

5 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

people farming this is specifically for Essence, it's already a low drop rate item

But it's not like Slivers replace any Essence drop you might have gotten instead or anything. It's a bonus, instead of getting nothing.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I would like them removed

That by itself wouldn't change anything.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

and the essence drop rate buffed

100% agreement there.

I think someone on reddit found out that NO TYPE OF LOOT INCREASE(booster, frame abilites) effect steel essence at all so that was just rng, also what's your problem with slivers? Like sure 10 sliver is a riven/week or something but still better than hoping for RNGesus on sortie that is just a boring waste of time to begin with.

23 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

But it's not like Slivers replace any Essence drop you might have gotten instead or anything. It's a bonus, instead of getting nothing.

That by itself wouldn't change anything.

No.. essence and silver are in same drop pool of 2% so its either riven silver or essence that drops i believe.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb NinjaZeku:

Kinda surprised by these complaints aswell.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Dauggie:

those who are interested in rivens would obviously do kuva siphon/flood thus getting plenty of relics even without kuva lich thrall farming.

I dont know about that...i mean:

People literally suggested for years that any gamemode which could somehow be classified as "Endgame" should reward Kuva/Rivens because that is the only thing worth getting in the late game according to many people who posted on Twitter/Reddit/Youtube/Forums. Besides that, i have seen many requests for alternative Kuva/Riven farming methods.

The people requesting this and the (few) people complaining now are probably not the same, but still its a bit weird.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb krc473:

we get more than we can exchange each week for a single mission

And i dont see the problem with this unless you play the Steel Path literally each day, but even then, where is the problem?

• DE probably wanted to limit the amout of Rivens we can earn in a certain time, otherwise Sorties for example might become way too less attractive and the "Slot-Problem" would come up too fast again. besides that, Rivens in general would become "less special"
  • also, you get more Forma BP's than you can craft if you just play a bit of Fissures for example, but that just means you can always craft some even if you are not continuing to play it. This never bothered me, i am actually happy that i can always craft Forma after doing just a few rounds
  • so when you decide to stop playing Steel Path and do something else for some time, you will still have some Riven Slivers liying around for weeks and can continue to craft Rivens

In short: Earning Rivens was really limited in Warframe (basically, get lucky in Sorties or hope for a Gift of the Lotus every now and then), now we have a slow but reliable way of crafting Rivens which is a good thing imo. Everyone will play something else again at some point (new updates, Events, new gear to farm) and during that time you can use your stockpile of Slivers until its empty and you go back to Steel Path to earn more.

4 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

I think someone on reddit found out that NO TYPE OF LOOT INCREASE(booster, frame abilites) effect steel essence at all so that was just rng, also what's your problem with slivers? Like sure 10 sliver is a riven/week or something but still better than hoping for RNGesus on sortie that is just a boring waste of time to begin with.

but who wants it? silver is already obtainable through another source though, essence isnt. Not everyone cares for rivens man, i use it but doesnt mean i want rivens as reward most of the time

8 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

but who wants it? silver is already obtainable through another source though, essence isnt. Not everyone cares for rivens man, i use it but doesnt mean i want rivens as reward most of the time

And not everyone likes those other sources either and rather play this. If you don't care why can't slivers rot in your inventory like alloy plates? Or just simply claim your weekly riven and sell them veiled if you are short on plat or something?

17 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And i dont see the problem with this unless you play the Steel Path literally each day, but even then, where is the problem?

• DE probably wanted to limit the amout of Rivens we can earn in a certain time, otherwise Sorties for example might become way too less attractive and the "Slot-Problem" would come up too fast again. besides that, Rivens in general would become "less special"
  • also, you get more Forma BP's than you can craft if you just play a bit of Fissures for example, but that just means you can always craft some even if you are not continuing to play it. This never bothered me, i am actually happy that i can always craft Forma after doing just a few rounds
  • so when you decide to stop playing Steel Path and do something else for some time, you will still have some Riven Slivers liying around for weeks and can continue to craft Rivens

In short: Earning Rivens was really limited in Warframe (basically, get lucky in Sorties or hope for a Gift of the Lotus every now and then), now we have a slow but reliable way of crafting Rivens which is a good thing imo. Everyone will play something else again at some point (new updates, Events, new gear to farm) and during that time you can use your stockpile of Slivers until its empty and you go back to Steel Path to earn more.

tHPzhSp.jpg<<<<<<This is the problem

Being able to farm 46 weeks worth of rivens in just over 2 weeks is not a good thing. It's a resource I will never be able to spend. It's worse than nothing. It just dilutes the potential drop on Steel Essence. Every time a riven sliver drops it's feelsbadman. Not that Steel Essence is much better. 15 Steel Essence for 10k kuva comes to ~666 kuva/essence drop. It's not much but still better than nothing and it adds up.

Now imagine that every riven sliver drop was a Steel Essence drop. That's an extra 300k kuva right there. In a good kuva survival run of ~3 hours I get ~100k kuva. If riven slivers were not on the loot table I'd be up 9 hours of kuva survivals.

I'm not going out of my way to farm Steel Essence or riven slivers. I'm just playing like I normally do. If a requiem kuva survival isn't up I look for any other Axi fissure survival. If none are up I go run Steel Path survival for 2-3 hours. Only thing that has changed is I now have something to do when there are no fissures up.

I assume that Steel Path was made for players like myself that spend hours in a mission getting to high level enemies. I don't think that DE really took the playing habits of the player base they were trying to appease into consideration. We aren't going to stop playing any sooner just because the enemies start at a higher level. 

I don't know if it makes any more sense now. Just trying to explain why riven slivers are worse than nothing from my perspective. 

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

so that you can get them at sane rates without a dedicated farming Squad, that I could've gotten behind 😛

Simple, its two, three, four, five or more sides tugging about what THEY want.

It doesnt matter if someone else appreciates it, its not what THEY want after all.

5 hours ago, Dauggie said:

No.. essence and silver are in same drop pool of 2% so its either riven silver or essence that drops i believe.

They are on different tables. You can in reality get 4 drops from an eximus in one go.

1 from either of the normal tables.

1 from the RJ resource table

1 from the sliver table

1 from the essence table

So if you worry about essence simply pick the frame you have that can kill the most mobs per minute since loot frames are currently 100% pointless due to not giving a chance for extra essence drops. Personally I run either Inaros or Hildryn, since that means my smeeta is alive 24/7.

If you kill efficiently you should get around 20 essence in 60-70 minutes without a booster or any specific smeeta luck. This may vary though depending on the map. I tend to run gabii, mot or zabala and the 20 essence over 60-70 minutes is consistant on those maps. I've had horrible luck on Selkie and havent tried Ophelia yet.

Avoiding loot frames likely also dodges the trade ban, since you wont get absurd amounts of S#&amp;&#036; mats you dont need eitherway. Which is likely a reason for so many of the bans since I dont think the bot is updated to account for the new increased density on the maps or the innate resource chance booster. So it probably recognizes it as the old map, which results in oddities in loot yield compared to what would be normal.

9 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why would an item with a single weekly usage be high demand? It doesn't seem unreasonable to complain when you can get multiple months worth of them in a single day. I never went out of my way to get them, and I still got plenty before SP.

Either way, Rivens aren't really all that popular, if they were, they wouldn't be as easy to over price from the number of people actively getting new Rivens and re-rolling them. Only reason DE adds Kuva/Riven related items to everything is because when you already have everything Kuva/Rivens are the only reward DE has to offer.

45 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

It doesn't seem unreasonable to complain when you can get multiple months worth of them in a single day.

I think it's unreasonable to farm that hard in a single day, but maybe that's just me 😛

And, so what if you've got a stockpile of the things?
Are you going to keep running Steel Path farms, once you've got (enough Essence for) all the cosmetics?

[I for one don't plan to ... mind, I'm waiting for drop rates to be increased before I do any serious farming in the first place, heh.]

So, once you're done with SP, you'll have multiple months worth of Slivers left over, giving you a guaranteed Riven every week.
I still just don't understand why that is something to complain about, or even "worse than nothing" as someone put it.

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I think it's unreasonable to farm that hard in a single day, but maybe that's just me 😛

And, so what if you've got a stockpile of the things?
Are you going to keep running Steel Path farms, once you've got (enough Essence for) all the cosmetics?

[I for one don't plan to ... mind, I'm waiting for drop rates to be increased before I do any serious farming in the first place, heh.]

So, once you're done with SP, you'll have multiple months worth of Slivers left over, giving you a guaranteed Riven every week.
I still just don't understand why that is something to complain about, or even "worse than nothing" as someone put it.

If you are just running Steel Path for the cosmetics it probably was not made with you in mind. For the players that want higher level enemies and are going to play for hours in a single mission riven slivers are totally worthless.

If I keep playing the game the way I normally do, I will earn about a year and a half to 2 years worth of riven slivers a month. At some point I will never be able to spend them. Warframe will cease to exist before I will have the opportunity to spend them. At that point they are worse than nothing. The reward is not a reward it is a disappointment. It might as well not exist. 

The only things to farm in Steel Path are Steel Essence kuva and a resource that I will never be able to spend. DE has totally missed the mark on Steel Path. They created Steel Path to cater to a specific portion of the player base but the rewards are not worth it. I would rather get no drop than be disappointed every time a riven sliver drops.  

18 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

tHPzhSp.jpg<<<<<<This is the problem

Being able to farm 46 weeks worth of rivens in just over 2 weeks is not a good thing. It's a resource I will never be able to spend. It's worse than nothing. It just dilutes the potential drop on Steel Essence. Every time a riven sliver drops it's feelsbadman. Not that Steel Essence is much better. 15 Steel Essence for 10k kuva comes to ~666 kuva/essence drop. It's not much but still better than nothing and it adds up.

Now imagine that every riven sliver drop was a Steel Essence drop. That's an extra 300k kuva right there. In a good kuva survival run of ~3 hours I get ~100k kuva. If riven slivers were not on the loot table I'd be up 9 hours of kuva survivals.

I'm not going out of my way to farm Steel Essence or riven slivers. I'm just playing like I normally do. If a requiem kuva survival isn't up I look for any other Axi fissure survival. If none are up I go run Steel Path survival for 2-3 hours. Only thing that has changed is I now have something to do when there are no fissures up.

I assume that Steel Path was made for players like myself that spend hours in a mission getting to high level enemies. I don't think that DE really took the playing habits of the player base they were trying to appease into consideration. We aren't going to stop playing any sooner just because the enemies start at a higher level. 

I don't know if it makes any more sense now. Just trying to explain why riven slivers are worse than nothing from my perspective. 

i see a completely different problem here.....

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

For the players that want higher level enemies and are going to play for hours in a single mission riven slivers are totally worthless.

That's the same for all resources at that point though, it's nothing new, and shouldn't rustle any jimmies.

23 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

No other resources are time gated to spend them. not the same

Yes, other resources are kind of worse 😛

If you have billions of, say, Rubedo, what are you going to do with that?

Every so often a new item might be introduced that requires it, I guess. Wow. Such resource, much spend.

Slivers allow you to do something useful (maybe even comparatively exciting, yay new random Riven) every week.

Archived