Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack toxicity

DarkFenix2k5

Weird how incredibly dumbed down content makes people not want to teamplay and/or get used to solo gameplay.

Who would've thought.

Maybe being able to obliterate everything with a few shots on the highest difficulty doesn't feel rewarding after all, it just makes people burn through it quicker, complain less temporarily and then complain some more once the game mode lost its people and value.

Who would've thought.

35 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

with void hole and pilot can kill all things wihout leave the ship. And some mods for forward artillary.

Its not necessary to leave railjack to use archwing and kill enemies 🤢....it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen ....

A good player with Arcwing and Velocitus can actually handily outdo the average pub pilot with void hole, given that the sniper rifle one shots pretty much all of the fighters.

Seems you ran into the wrong group ,

As long as you are not piloting the ship without permission most "competent" captains can manage no matter what you do.

Things that WILL piss me off ,personally, is spamming ship abilities and forward artillery - you can use em but be sure you can at least replenish the energy and charges if its getting wasted.

Also stay near earth , thats where most of the new players and casual star gazers are.

But public is always a crapshoot , you cant really have any expectations in public - best to have friends/ clanmates / recruit with clear objectives.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

And with this kind of crap people still want raids (trial) to be back in Warframe? I'm going to smirk from this

You cant do a "public" Raid,

In raids,

you had to first build the key ,

get the initial setup done with minimum players (it was impossible to solo) and their loadouts,

decide assignments (loosely at least),

then start it.

Recruiting was very much mandatory , one of the reasons (amongst many) why it was not that popular,

players joined only if they were willing to abide by rules and move towards a common objective.

So yes , some of us do want Trials back cause we enjoyed the (relatively minor) co operation and planning needed,

I do not think the same strategies will work or even the same missions will be viable due to how the game has changed,

but a multi stage planned mission where everyone has a part to play and not simply be a carrier/leech is something i look forward too.

There's a lot to railjack and a lot to learn - and a lot of the time the people you're crewing with don't know what they're doing.

First thing I do when I spawn in is look at the headcount and the mission status, I watch the pilot for a second, I check tactical to see where people are

• If the crew is trying to shoot down the small fighters without using any battle avionics, it means they're noobs, so I jump out and start taking down crew ships
  • If the pilot is using battle avionics I get into Artillery if it is vacant - especially if fighter count is down to half or less
  • If someone else is in artillery
    • I check/monitor the watch the forges, play with the side guns, prioritizxing boarding parties and damage
    • Only after all small fighters are gone, and assuming others onboard, will I leave the ship for objectives 
  • Once crewships are dead - objectives in order of procimity, then the anomoly, teleporting back if I hear a hull breach or a 2nd warning for damage

The reason they dont want you to shoot side guns is if they're using Tether - you will prematurely detonate it, wasting their tether.

The reason they dont want you to leave early is becuse wild archwings:

• Ungroup the enemy, making combat more difficult/more expensive resources
  • Are not able to repair or defend vs boarders
  • They don't know what you're doing and it scares them

Railjack works best with 2 or maybe 3 people - if you're the fouth guy, you're a fifth wheel - don't alarm anyone with unexpected actions because you don't have a job for a few minutes.

PM me if you're your on US evenings and want to team.

4 hours ago, Nez-Kal said:

Pretty sure Railjack has put itself in that style of game-play, where it's too small to be large scale engaging, and the gameplay/missions in it are extremely niche too, so those playing expect everyone else to be exactly on their level and brainwaves, and anyone just starting or learning the new niche are "a waste of time". I can't remember what it's called, but the basic mental image is "This is my puddle! Get on my level or get out!!!".
It's unfortunate, because players who act like that in a game scare away other new players, so the game/ game-mode never grows, and slowly dries up and dies.

Something, something Raids, something, something Eidolons. (another game mode with forced grouping until you farmed meta gear  to make it playable solo)

It's almost like there is a pattern here...

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Actually from my experience... the Toxicity seems to scale with the possibility of rewards.

The more rewarding  game mode is... the more likely you will encounter Toxic Behavior.

Maybe that explains why some people like Animal Conservation so much... I dont think I've ever heard of Toxicity in conservation.

Why are these floofs still breathing my air?

This is unacceptable! *explodes in rage*

Any activity that require organization will attract some sort of flak. Repeatable Tutorials to reduce this a little bit and making the new player experience a bit less frustrating I guess?

I rather have more organized activities rather than none just because you might have a bad experience with people that weren't properly educated in their childhood.There is no penalty to leave a mission, reporting and blocking people that done the misdeed.

Organized activities with friends is something really that should be treasured. This is what missing in Warframe sometimes.

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

with void hole and pilot can kill all things wihout leave the ship. And some mods for forward artillary.

Its not necessary to leave railjack to use archwing and kill enemies 🤢....it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen ....

Those items for the Railjack dont appear out of thin air. 

4 hours ago, 844448 said:

And with this kind of crap people still want raids (trial) to be back in Warframe? I'm going to smirk from this

Well, they don't ACTUALLY want Raids or "Difficult Content" to stimulate them. They just want something that's near unobtainable for the more Casual players (Like ESO's Trials, 12 player groups, no Public Squad-ing function: You need to know people/friends or be in a Trial Guild), that gives the Elite Class playing it some sort of brand new and sought after Reward that they and they alone will have access to, so that they can then either lord this "Elite" over other Players who do not have it, or have the option to sell this Reward, as they would, of course, have a large, near monopoly on the Supply, allowing them to corner the Market Place and dictate its Cost/Worth.

If you want to see similar behavior, go check out how many Elites were P*SSED back when Ignis Wraith Blueprint Research were rewarded to the Top Clans, and they realized that their Moon Clan wouldn't in-fact have a near complete monopoly on the "Supply". (It became a thing day one for smaller clans to hand out the Blueprint like candy to those who didn't have access to it.)

2 minutes ago, Takamori said:

Its unreasonable to have 4-8 friends to play games with? No one is asking for Mythic Raids 20 man content.

You guys talk that any sort of activity that requires some sort of teamwork is something sinful.

Not me... I love Co-Op 🙂

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Something, something Raids, something, something Eidolons. (another game mode with forced grouping until you farmed meta gear  to make it playable solo)

It's almost like there is a pattern here...

Yea, because no one was ever even going to Build wisp, volt, chroma, rhino, trinity, and a few other until eidolons got here.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea, because no one was ever even going to Build wisp, volt, chroma, rhino, trinity, and a few other until eidolons got here.

It still takes forever -unless you use a full meta amp-to take down Eidolon shields even with Volt, solo.

Which makes it kind of a waste of time.

15 hours ago, kgabor said:

It still takes forever -unless you use a full meta amp-to take down Eidolon shields even with Volt, solo.

Which makes it kind of a waste of time.

Does it? First I've heard. Maybe I should finally get around to building the current meta. Sigh. 

Or I can accept that I'm probably not going to be doing any 5x3's solo in the mode that was probably meant to be a group thing and just keep my non-current-meta build, I guess. 

23 hours ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

So, yeah, railjack groups seem to be extremely toxic, more so than players in any other game mode. I just came back to the game, this stuff is all new and shiny to me, so I hop into railjack missions to have some fun. If I touch the side turrets, I get screamed at, if I disembark to shoot at things with my archwing, I get screamed at. Told to stop leeching, to stop doing things that are pointless. Apparently I'm expected to just head down into the forge and press buttons so that the host can have fun.

So... what's the point? I remember when railjack was being originally previewed, it was supposed to be this big fun coop thing. Now that I've tried it, it seems the opposite, sounds more like it's designed for 1-2 players to have fun, and to hell with anyone else unfortunate enough to be along for the ride.

I suggest you to continue doing what you like, and when the host scream to you, just continue your task but of course after write in chat a "ahahahhahahhahahhahah do it yourself", if it scream more, you could start to enter the main gun and shot all dome charge of course without forgetting to write more "ahahahahahahahhah it's so funny" in chat.

When it start to be really triggred, is time for you to use all the missiles and the energy. This time writing in chat something like "wow using *tether/voidhole/other skill* is so funny.... plz craft more flux!"

At this point probably the host ragequit the mission and will no play more Rj for a little time. 

.. i hate to say this but i too dont want any player in my squad who dont know what to do ..call me meta slave idc ..  shooting secondary guns for no reason messes up a lot of things and makes the job hard for other players in the team as well ..simply put if you dont know what to do in a mission then dont do anything ..and yes people gets called leeches because they dont contribute anything to the team .. a rj team only needs 3 players to be fully effective .. so doing nothing in a situation like this is much helpful than you think .. also if you dont know how to follow the current meta and what to do in a mission its your inconsistency not the hosts ..and ofc the host has the right to get mad at you if you dont contribute because he spent time ranking up and modding his rj and you are just here to hang out .sorry if it comes out rude 

19 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Sortie missions with Impenetrable shields requiring slingshot infiltration could fix this 😏or use the Balor Famorian technique to disable and allow AW to damage ...oh wait, nvm, see OP/Raids.

18 hours ago, Takamori said:

Organized activities with friends is something really that should be treasured. This is what missing in Warframe sometimes.

Yes, friends. It should never be a requirement to play with random people because we all know how that turn out.

So, everything should be designed for solo first and then scaled for grouping. If you have friends, you could and perhaps should play with them. If someone really wants to go play with randoms, that is their own business and they can suffer the consequences. Yes, we all know that you can do things solo, but when they are designed for grouping, it just sucks.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Does it? First I've heard. Maybe I should finally get around to building the current meta. Sigh. 

Or I can accept that I'm probably not going to be doing any 5x3's solo in the mode that was probably meant to be a group thing and just keep my non-current-meta build, I guess. 

Well, it's not like it matters at this point, since Scarlet Spear made Eidolons optional.

So i can just make use of my Limbo instead of wasting hours to maybe days-depending on rng-to mine the resources and another few days to rush for Fortuna rep, repeating what is basically recycled PoE content.

Not to mention it's way faster than Eidolons, with their timegates and rng.

3 hours ago, kgabor said:

Well, it's not like it matters at this point, since Scarlet Spear made Eidolons optional.

So i can just make use of my Limbo instead of wasting hours to maybe days-depending on rng-to mine the resources and another few days to rush for Fortuna rep, repeating what is basically recycled PoE content.

Not to mention it's way faster than Eidolons, with their timegates and rng.

latest?cb=20150714142130

Uh... You do know that Limbo is one of the metas for eidolon hunting, right? So you could have used him in eidolon hunts all along. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

latest?cb=20150714142130

Uh... You do know that Limbo is one of the metas for eidolon hunting, right? So you could have used him in eidolon hunts all along. 

That doesn't really help with dps, Eidolons aren't affected by Rift Surge and i'm going to assume neither are the Vomvalysts.

The only thing they would probably affect is the damage from Eidolon projectiles and maybe the AoE-s, i guess Limbo might be able to keep lures alive, but that doesn't speed up these missions, i always found Eidolon hunts boring, especially after around 100 captures when i stopped.

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

That doesn't really help with dps, Eidolons aren't affected by Rift Surge and i'm going to assume neither are the Vomvalysts.

The only thing they would probably affect is the damage from Eidolon projectiles and maybe the AoE-s, i guess Limbo might be able to keep lures alive, but that doesn't speed up these missions, i always found Eidolon hunts boring, especially after around 100 captures when i stopped.

They're not affected by it, but neither are the operators. So you can blast away the shields with impunity, meanwhile the warframes and lures are protected from attacks as though you had the very best Harrow on your team. When you drop shields, drop void, pop joint, void back up. Protected again. No fuss, no muss. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Archived