Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void damage, is it viable?

(PSN)Grand_Sheba

The new update will be here soon and the 44th frame Xaku drops with the infested moon. Xaku is interesting but how will void damage fare in base game content?

As far as I know void damage only effects sentients and its status proc is bullet attraction for some reasons. Infested are weak to fire and gas Corpus are weak to shock, mag and toxin Grineer are weak to corrosive, radiation, and simple math. But all jokes aside how will void damage help against the new infested let alone any other faction we see on average vs the sentient that are a rare sight on game?

Should Void damage get a new type of proc to make its more useful and not a copy of Mag and what would that change look like? I think the new frame is kinda cool but doesn't seem all that efficient for any of the content in game, especially the new infested planet and grineer. Xaku will have no effect on Eidolons at all so i really dont see what to use the frame for unless they change the properties of the void damage type it uses.

now the first ability apparently gives the frame "potent Void energy," im not sure what that wording is suppose to imply be it a different type of void damage type or simply wording to make the frame sound cool but what are yalls thoughts?

Well... Unlike Operator Amps... Warframes can utilise mods....

Soooooooo..... Who knows ? Maybe... ?

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Grand_Sheba said:

As far as I know void damage only effects sentients and its status proc is bullet attraction for some reasons.

Actually Void Damage affects just about Every Enemy... It just does so Poorly...

Void damage from amps looks pathetic because amps have low damage. From what I understand though, just about every enemy has low or none void damage resistance. Making it almost like true damage.

True damage with our mods would be D I S G U S T I N G 😄

17 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

From what I understand though, just about every enemy has low or none void damage resistance. Making it almost like true damage.

I don't think you understood that quite right...

Void Damage is even against all Health, Armor and Shield Types... That's what makes terrible. 

19 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

True damage with our mods would be D I S G U S T I N G

True damage would suggest it ignores armor, which it does not.

• Void damage does -50% damage to all Grineer
  • -50% damage to any of the infested units that matter like Disruptors, Ancient Healers, Brood Mothers, Boilers, Tar MOAs, etc...
  • Has no bonus damage to other health types.
  • And it's status effect is more worthless then not.

The only good thing about void damage is that it resets Sentient resistances. Which will be nice when the New War brings the Tau tile set, and I don't have to only use the Paracesis.

2 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Void damage from amps looks pathetic because amps have low damage.

Go shoot some dudes with a Phahd scaffold and an appropriate conversion arcane, and then think very long and hard about what you just said.

Others have already covered the rest of the random S#&$ you said.

3 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

True damage would suggest it ignores armor, which it does not.

• Void damage does -50% damage to all Grineer
  • -50% damage to any of the infested units that matter like Disruptors, Ancient Healers, Brood Mothers, Boilers, Tar MOAs, etc...
  • Has no bonus damage to other health types.
  • And it's status effect is more worthless then not.

The only good thing about void damage is that it resets Sentient resistances. Which will be nice when the New War brings the Tau tile set, and I don't have to only use the Paracesis.

I'm kinda skeptical that it will even do that against sentients because of how OP/meta that would be. It would turn into "use this frame or youre doing it wrong"... assuming sentients became a significantly "present" faction.

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

Go shoot some dudes with a Phahd scaffold and an appropriate conversion arcane, and then think very long and hard about what you just said.

Others have already covered the rest of the random S#&$ you said.

Pfft like thats worth dealing with. 

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Well... Unlike Operator Amps... Warframes can utilise mods....

Soooooooo..... Who knows ? Maybe... ?

Actually Void Damage affects just about Every Enemy... It just does so Poorly...

i guess ill have to use Grineer bane and infested bane mods on this warframe which eats up slots to just damage to  those enemy types. i suppose i could look at it like the other elemental frames kinda but all elements arent neutral/negative damage statted like void damage is and im not sure it will stack with those mods well. But you're right we will have to see as in the demo it works well against corpus but they have no defense towards void dmg. in the trailer xaku killed some grineer but it was on the plains so im not sure how we will factor that towards high level content.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Grand_Sheba said:

But all jokes aside how will void damage help against the new infested let alone any other faction we see on average vs the sentient that are a rare sight on game?

Against Grineer, it would be as useless as any other element that doesn't interact with armor - except Xaku has an ability that removes armor and shields, and will thus be able to kill Grineer regardless of elements.

Against Corpus it's perfectly fine. Against Sentients it will be meta, in combination with Corrosive from mods. Against Infested it will be okay - they die easily regardless of elements, and while it isn't particularly effective against them, it is still more damage.

I am quite pleased with it being Void damage, because of the cool status effect that you hardly ever get to use otherwise. Sure, you would not mod for it, but with Xaku you will get it for free.

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I don't think you understood that quite right...

Void Damage is even against all Health, Armor and Shield Types... That's what makes terrible. 

If only.

It's actually negative against Grineer Health and Infested Health.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

If only.

It's actually negative against Grineer Health and Infested Health.

That reminds me... I have yet to test drive the Fortuna Virtuos Arcanes ... They might be stronger now with the whole Status Rework...

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That reminds me... I have yet to test drive the Fortuna Virtuos Arcanes ... They might be stronger now with the whole Status Rework...

I'm sure they are, but if there's anything in the game that's a band-aid, it's that. Operators have a unique thing - Void damage. That's their whole THING. They use the void.

But to make them effective, I have to... not do that one thing?

Void damage can become interesting together with shotguns since the proc will attract all pellets in a swarm towards the target. Outside of that, not sure how worthwile it will be. And if the skill becomes a donation option, I could see it as useful on Wukong in a clone build, since it would increase its accuracy versus moving objects that arent insta killed if you have a high status weapon on him.

I would guess no.

I didn't even know that the little bubble is caused by it. And it never did anything to boost my damage anyways.

If Void damage would just go through whatever defenses the enemy has maybe it would be something but in It's current state It's just crap.

Or if it would be +25% more effective against everything? Maybe +50%? An uncommon damage type that doesn't have a downside would be or could be interesting.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Against Grineer, it would be as useless as any other element that doesn't interact with armor - except Xaku has an ability that removes armor and shields, and will thus be able to kill Grineer regardless of elements.

Against Corpus it's perfectly fine. Against Sentients it will be meta, in combination with Corrosive from mods. Against Infested it will be okay - they die easily regardless of elements, and while it isn't particularly effective against them, it is still more damage.

I am quite pleased with it being Void damage, because of the cool status effect that you hardly ever get to use otherwise. Sure, you would not mod for it, but with Xaku you will get it for free.

This scope of variety is why I like the idea of a void damage frame. I hate how everyone is so focused on one thing that works when people prove that all frames can work. The beauty of Warframe is it's ability to offer plenty of options to make your personal favorite tools work well. I hope they never change that!

Just assuming Void damage itself gets no changes then, iirc, just in Xaku's case they said their ability grants bonus Void damage. If it is just a bonus then it's just a simple damage increase that happens to be weaker against cloned flesh and fossilized health. If it isn't a bonus and just converts damage into Void then it'll be far less useful and the extent of which depends on how health types are distributed on Deimos.

And honestly there is no reason to rework how Void damage works unless Operators are getting notable changes as well. Creating a single non-operator source of Void damage doesn't seem like enough of a reason to justify a rework when it isn't the primary method of applying it.

God I will hate the void status proc so much. It already messes with my eidolon shield cleaving cant wait for a frame to throw out tiny bubbles that bullet attracts. Ill hold my full dislike of that status till I see Xaku put it in action though. Hopefully if the bubbles end up hindering our aim a lot the bonus damage will make up for it. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I'm sure they are, but if there's anything in the game that's a band-aid, it's that. Operators have a unique thing - Void damage. That's their whole THING. They use the void.

But to make them effective, I have to... not do that one thing?

LoL... Good Point 🙂

9 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm kinda skeptical that it will even do that against sentients because of how OP/meta that would be. It would turn into "use this frame or youre doing it wrong"... assuming sentients became a significantly "present" faction.

Which is fine, they already said this ability doesn't work against Eidolon shields ATM. But then as it stands now, this ability just becomes worthless for everything but adding a single extra Condition Overload proc, when I already have like 5.

But know that they're fine with the Paracesis being "use this weapon or you're doing it wrong", so I wouldn't hold my breath. Xaku just does the opposite, he makes all weapons viable instead of all frames like the Paracesis does.

3 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

This scope of variety is why I like the idea of a void damage frame. I hate how everyone is so focused on one thing that works when people prove that all frames can work. The beauty of Warframe is it's ability to offer plenty of options to make your personal favorite tools work well. I hope they never change that!

They work sure... But I wouldn't say they work well... Definitely not.

Archived