Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

game breaking fishing bug in deimos ?

Sonicbullitt

Twice now this has happend while in solo mode , I'm fishing when all of a sudden my character gets "stuck" on literally nothing and I can't move. Nothing fixes it, outside aborting the mission and thus losing all my loot not once but twice now. The warframe gets stuck, can't move can't shoot, cant do anything outside look around with the camera, I can't go into operator and unstuck doesn't work either. I figured they fixed this BS with all the hotfixes, but no they missed this literal gamebreaking glitch.

Anyone else encounter this table banging glitch ? Cause I'm annoyed that I have to yet again throw hours worth of gameplay and loot down the gutter, for a silly glitch like this.

My character is basically stuck like this:

iCWh7vn.jpg

I had this happen when I wasn’t even fishing. Couldn’t move (walking animation didn’t even happen, almost thought my keyboard died) or use the gear wheel for some reason. Could shoot, type and access the menu though. Being downed didn’t fix it but dying did. That being said. If you’re just fishing and return to orbiter your stuff should be saving, that’s how I leave half my free-roams.

6 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

If you’re just fishing and return to orbiter your stuff should be saving, that’s how I leave half my free-roams.

Last I heard, the loot was only saved after you put the fishing spear away (same for mining). It could have been updated, but I haven’t tested it at all.

This would be my suggestion too though.

32 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Happened to me a few times today as well with the new first tier infested fishing spear. /unstuck doesn't solve the issue, if anything it makes it worse. You're forced to abort mission if it happens to you.

had to abort twice since I play in solo and no mobs were in range to kill me.

39 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I broke a crate pod with the spear while waiting of fish to spawn. Character froze after that.

Yep, the bug seems to be with the spear itself itseems. I had the same issue the first time when I used it to drop down one of those pods on the infested tendrils, the second time was here in the screenshot, when I was fishing and my spear hit the ground.

I've had this in Orb Vallis and Cambrion Drift Solution is sometimes pressing Tab, Esc or P (for score screen).

To add: switching often gets you out of the bug. However, this has diminshing returns if you encounter it more than once in a session. I keep switching just about to every menu. With the Orb Vallis spear, this works most of the time. With the Deimos spear (the 500 standing one), I never get out of it. Only Abort Mission works.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened many times to me when fishing....tried to let the infested mobs kill me but my Smeeta kept bufing my shields!

Did manage to die once though and that did remove the bug.

PS Kill command would be helpful DE because /unstuck does suck most of the time.

(I haven't had this issue since upgrading to the Ebisu fishing spear)

I had this happen to me once while fishing in Cambion Drift.

/unstuck didn't do anything so I desperately hoped I would die, but I happened to be Inaros and any approaching infested were just target practice for the Panzer Vulpa.

I aborted the mission... will try Alt-F4 if it happens again.

Oh, oh you got that type being stuck in bug or "Stun Bug", well I hate to break it to you but there is a way get out that bug then again your going hate it.  Ok you need another gaming controller like example xbox controller or PS4 or something that connect to the computer.  If that bug appeared use either wired controller or controller that connect to the computer which for me I have to use wired one plug into the computer.  For me how it happen, this happen 8 times but explaining how get out the bug in my view

• If you can't move with your asdw or any movement, plug in the controller (I have wired one)
  • use the controller start moving
  • this strangely re-enable movement
  • if your character is able to move then unplug the controller and go back the keyboard
  • this should let you use the keyboard movement

It is THE MOST 1 bug I so far solved getting around it, but then again I never try unpluging my keyboard and repluging it in.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Oh, oh you got that type being stuck in bug or "Stun Bug", well I hate to break it to you but there is a way get out that bug then again your going hate it.  Ok you need another gaming controller like example xbox controller or PS4 or something that connect to the computer.  If that bug appeared use either wired controller or controller that connect to the computer which for me I have to use wired one plug into the computer.  For me how it happen, this happen 8 times but explaining how get out the bug in my view

• If you can't move with your asdw or any movement, plug in the controller (I have wired one)
  • use the controller start moving
  • this strangely re-enable movement
  • if your character is able to move then unplug the controller and go back the keyboard
  • this should let you use the keyboard movement

It is THE MOST 1 bug I so far solved getting around it, but then again I never try unpluging my keyboard and repluging it in.

That sounds great if it happens again I'll plug my controller in and give it a whirl, thank you.

Archived