Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

The problem is how low the firing range is . You have the option to wait for them to kill or just swing a melee at the same distance and kill everything faster.
If you want to keep it as that range just make it inherit procs from what they disarmed with a status chance. It'd at least make it somewhat useful to empower CO builds.

With how the ability is currently you just reinforce a closer range playstyle which they do not have the stats or kit for when it comes to survivability. (they can't be a dodge tank unless you uncap that 4 to reach an amount that would help them make use of that and shield gate resets to survive)

il y a 59 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :

9/16/2020 Status Update

Just popping in to provide an addition to the Xaku Changes:

We are indeed increasing Grasp of Lohk disarm range in round 1. Firing range experiments were a bit too wild for round 1, and we will come back to that decision much later in round 2.

These Xaku Changes are still planned for this week on PC - Console at a later date!

Won´t change the fact of it having no damage at all unless stripping the armor of enemies. When I can just use a melee with viral and slash.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

9/16/2020 Status Update

We are indeed increasing Grasp of Lohk disarm range in round 1. Firing range experiments were a bit too wild for round 1, and we will come back to that decision much later in round 2.

These Xaku Changes are still planned for this week on PC - Console at a later date!

First, thanks for the info.

Second, the disarm range increase certainly isn't unwelcome, but

Third, the bigger issue is its fire range. It's much less dangerous to pop into the middle of a crowd with an aimgliding GoL and then nope the hell out of Dodge than it is to remain within range for the duration of GoL.
If this is a design choice, because Xaku is intended to be a melee-range frame, then okay (though I'm not sure Xaku's kit really supports sustained combat. Dodge tends to do better at covering hit-and-run), but otherwise, Gaze's +100% want conflicts with the range that GoL wants.
And sure, GoL is free extra damage while you're in melee, it's just that, again, I'm not sure you want to be in melee for extended periods.

Fourth: Could you elaborate on the results of the firing range experiments? You're piqued my curiosity.

Fifth: Cool.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

9/16/2020 Status Update

Is the Void status proc being updated along with its resistances? 

It's the only status proc that can't stack, and it's an active detriment to your damage output (you can't headshot the targets).

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

9/16/2020 Status Update

Could you guys look onto Mirage 4, is the same scenario as xaku 4, is unfair to change just xaku and leave Mirage with out that QoL.

1 hour ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

Is the Void status proc being updated along with its resistances? 

It's the only status proc that can't stack, and it's an active detriment to your damage output (you can't headshot the targets).

It desperately needs to work like Scourge doing headshots or something else entirely. Forcing bellybuttonshots is aweful and will get you yelled at by teammates (for good reason). This is so easy to fix but it worries me that DE doesn't even acknowledge it is a mayor issue is very worrying.

4 minutes ago, Koalachan said:

It desperately needs to work like Scourge doing headshots or something else entirely. Forcing bellybuttonshots is aweful and will get you yelled at by teammates (for good reason). This is so easy to fix but it worries me that DE doesn't even acknowledge it is a mayor issue is very worrying.

Actually the fact that they aren't acknowledging something frequently means there is an on going disagreement behind the scenes that results in them not being able to say anything about it because they don't know who is going to win. There is probably an argument going on whether it should be changed or left alone.

38 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Actually the fact that they aren't acknowledging something frequently means there is an on going disagreement behind the scenes that results in them not being able to say anything about it because they don't know who is going to win. There is probably an argument going on whether it should be changed or left alone.

In what universe is there an internal argument with a side in favor of a status proc lowering your damage output???

18 minutes ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

In what universe is there an internal argument with a side in favor of a status proc lowering your damage output???

In the same one where fixing Focus Exp to be granted while playing the game normally instead of only being earned via super boring grinding and getting rid of the Focus Orb that everyone hates was an internal argument.

3 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

In the same one where fixing Focus Exp to be granted while playing the game normally instead of only being earned via super boring grinding and getting rid of the Focus Orb that everyone hates was an internal argument.

Focus grinding is actually way easier than I thought once I learned you could trade the sentient cores for focus. 

29 minutes ago, (XB1)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

Focus grinding is actually way easier than I thought once I learned you could trade the sentient cores for focus. 

That only works for the big ones you get from Eidolons and Eidolon hunting are an exercise in tedium, monotony, and dealing with super annoying people... so... yeah, that's included under the whole boring grind umbrella. Focus EXP should be gained through normal play.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

First, thanks for stopping by. Hello!

Second, please let us know what your testing metrics are. It's a little difficult for us to come to a similar conclusion if I'm testing on a max-level kuva lich mission and you're testing on Mercury. Against enemies under level 20, Xaku is indeed insane. So is Valkyr, so is Trinity, so is Excalibur, so is Saryn. Alternatively, if you're worried about having a frame too powerful, what exactly is "too powerful?" Maybe we'll get a peak behind the curtain on the devstream on Friday.

We're still not addressing the elephant in the dry dock: what does Xaku do?

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

9/16/2020 Status Update

It appears that Grasp of Lohk weapons already utilize "enemy proximity" as a key aspect of enemy Threat Level, so wouldn't it be better to just make the firing range static? Not every aspect of an ability needs to be affected by mods, and one would normally figure a weapon's "effective range" to be consistent.

Also, would it be possible to slightly reduce the Threat Level of Gazed enemies for the Grasp of Lohk weapons? It somewhat makes the ability feel like a waste of energy whenever they continue firing on a Gazed enemy that is probably dead already, when there are plenty of alive and mobile enemy that are just as close to me.

The first community created frame was Nova. @[DE]Megan

What made Nova good? She didn't focus on strength or range and was based as a duration frame with interactions in strength.

All of Xaku's abilities require duration, so with that in mind, fleeting expertise makes it hard to justify outside of the vast untime freezing ability durations (I would need to test)

I feel in the spirit of strength in a new form like Nova was, and duration as strength for Gauss, ability efficiency should be that for Xaku, but it would be interesting to balance that with 175% being a cap.

What if to make Xaku good, Xata's Whisper bases off of energy efficiency with a high base percent of say 75% (force the proc too since the only reason it was low was so it wouldn't just override proc priority and that's the main reason it was 26%) since 131% would be the max (a 262% Strength Rhino buff when I usually prefer 333% Strength or 167%).

Grasp of Lohk is an enemy scaling damage in void damage (void is supposed to be the most powerful damage type in lore). What if, instead of basing on strength, it was also based on efficiency with % health drained and 160% efficiency would allow for two shots compared to 3 from 130-159, 4 from 100-129, 5 from 70-99, and lastly 6 with less than 69.

Now for the fun part... The Lost: Deny would be a oneshot at all times against non status immune enemies excluding sentients with which would require 4 shots with damage gates. This makes deny not suck so much for the energy cost even at 175% considering Khora with multi millions of damage exists to oneshot everything in an AoE, still being better than this pathetic beam. Accuse would create a location to convert anything that comes within for the duration instead of instant cast and frames will not be targeted over converted enemies if frames are within the radius. Strength would no longer affect Accuse for enemy cap and that would be a hard limit of say 15-20. This gives Xaku some allied defense capabilities. Gaze would be based on Strength how it is currently, so that it requires a positive strength in combination with efficiency strength synergy to limit options.

The Vast Untime.... What if the vast untime didn't slow enemies but increased their movement speed up based on power strength by 30%, increasing by 3% each 10% strength.

Side note: even with oneshot deny as an option... I would still prefer if it was an exalted beam duration weapon that based on primary weapon mods that cost 0 energy to activate but drained 5 energy per shot.

If you're worried about Grasp of Lohk auto-turreting for a long time (since The Vast Untime does extend its duration), I'd suggest that the stolen guns have a fixed range of 15 meters, but Xaku can shoot at a target beyond the firing range to extend the range against said target (30 meters for example).

Player engagement, target "marking", without letting all 16 guns just mow down everything from far away.

27 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

Can someone explain to me why Xaku is referred to as "they"?

Are "they" more than one person?

My school english tought me "they is plural".

Xaku is more of an "It" as Xaku is not one gender, nor male of female

This is because Xaku is an amalgamation of three different Warframes, Xaku is the first Warframe to not have a distinct sex, being addressed by DE as "they/them". 

To be fair tho, that doesn't stop you from calling Xaku, what ever you wish, He or She, is up to you.

Edit: Tho I am more Interested in what frames where "lost"  

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

more disarm = more survivability, nice! also more disarm = more guns 

unrelated: it seems xaku's 1 doesnt buff their 2. why thats so weird.

Le 10/09/2020 à 19:06, NoctiferPrime a dit :

I'm not sure balancing around 6-forma builds is the right call, but we'll see how these changes play out.

lol 3 umbra forma+3 forma?

you have one umbra forma per year. Xatu playable in 3years yes...

many spell of xatu what to many stat, duration, power and strech. it's a big mistake, we are obligated to play balanced. Good for everything, good for nothing

Many fram have good build with 2-3 forma

On 2020-09-10 at 1:00 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Grasp of Lohk

but the biggest problem with grasp is the base firing range is so short that it counter acts the ability being a ranged attack. it should be much longer than the disarm range, like atleast twice the range.

On 2020-09-10 at 1:00 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Deny

why not just give deny level scaling like grasp of lohk? it'd probably be easier and more consistent with no forced synergy. the other, bigger problem is that deny is a thin beam with limited range and no aoe. it'd be much more useable if it worked like an opticor with punchthrough, with no range limit on the beam length and range mods only affecting beam width and aoe.

Archived