Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and Lich system. Too much new content being pumped out, old stuff being left behind?

Tenno76856

Hi all,

Been playing warframe more sporatically last few months so havent really read up much on changes to WF in general.

I am wondering what happened to Railjack and the Lich system?. Are there any changes planned with either in the future?. 

Whatever happened to the promised AI crew etc to improve rj for single players? (yes i know of workarounds etc). Are both rj and lich system going to be just left  as is?.

Getting the feeling they just want to push out new crap er stuff more regularly...and probably not in a good way imho.

DE has taken a "Only talk about it when its about ready to launch" after the whole thing of telling long term plans and having people thinking they've been abandoned or delayed to launch.

Now they have to deal with people saying old projects being abandoned or delayed in refinement.

IIRC Lich changes will next happen when Corpus join the system but Railjack has gone unmentioned for a bit.

Though it's ultimately a lose-lose for DE if they stuck with one thing till it was "finished". Take too long to release something in a better initial state and the community throws fits from all corners and spend too long improving it and most of the community finishes it and begins demanding the next "new shiny".

Also personally I hope the command intrinsic tree got scrapped. Railjack doesn't need any Ai crew or automation anymore with how nerfed it is and we really don't need another intrinsic grind for mastery.

abandoning existing content for the newest trend is typically what DE does, but there's evidence that they are trying to change: going back and remastering old tilesets, reworking old systems and only announcing updates when they have something concrete. with Railjack, I expect they'll be especially cautious, given what happened the first time around: once bitten, twice shy, as they say.

I don't think they've totally abandoned it, and wouldn't be surprised if they're working on something big in secret, but they won't be talking about it until much, much closer to it's release. until then, we at least have Deimos to keep us occupied, and while Deimos wasn't DE's main focus until they had to start working from home, they have done a decent job of it and bought themselves some more time.

not gonna lie though, I really want another railjack update. Corpus maps, new mission types, Command Intrinsic... Corpus Liches would also be nice, but given how many people dislike the system, and that the Corpus don't really do anything with Kuva, there needs to be some major changes to how the lich system works before we can get something like that.

37 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

that is also not a good thing. my theory is that they are restricted by engine though, since it was made around the time the ps3 came out.

That's... not how engines work. Yeah, Evolution has plenty of issues (I love watching enemies undergo Gumbification), but the problem has nothing to do with the game's engine. Evolution is owned, maintained, and exclusively used by DE. It can do literally whatever they want it to.

My complaint with the lich and RJ systems (and technically op-link) is that they were announced as being all one big system, where you'd have a nemesis with their own ship that hunted you down until you overcame them as you and your crew raided enemy armadas. What we got were a couple of releases (that got caught in cert hell on Switch, btw) where you had "press button for weapon quest," and "here's a new room for your dojo, now go get these five parts and throw a ton of junk at it. That's done? Okay, get three friends and go do exterminate mission after exterminate mission. BTW, we're locking your upgrades behind RNG lol." To make things worse, it's only against the Grineer. Now that we have Granum in the picture, are the Corpus even enemies anymore? And how could they possibly do Infestation liches? Infested ships would be awesome, though, I gotta admit. As for op-link, that went over like an onion in a punchbowl. "One squad does defense while another squad does... defense." Like, I get the idea, but the implementation was less "you do A, I'll do B," and more "two squads are doing missions and one can't progress without someone doing the brainless one."

Then there's the ethos of "Hey, what do we need more of in our already over-complicated game about space ninjas? Overly complicated space piracy." A full loadout for dealing with railjack and Kuva liches is a warframe with ten mods, five weapons with eight mods each (and a stance), a parazon with six mods, a Railjack with as many mods as you can fit, but you can also mod the mod slots themselves to be better, a nose gun, two side guns, a shield array, a reactor, and an engine. Oh, and you have to do fashion frame for all of those, and four of your five small arms can have rivens. At what point do you go "maybe this is too much for one game to do"?

il y a 22 minutes, (NSW)Electropuncher a dit :

That's... not how engines work. Yeah, Evolution has plenty of issues (I love watching enemies undergo Gumbification), but the problem has nothing to do with the game's engine. Evolution is owned, maintained, and exclusively used by DE. It can do literally whatever they want it to.

My complaint with the lich and RJ systems (and technically op-link) is that they were announced as being all one big system, where you'd have a nemesis with their own ship that hunted you down until you overcame them as you and your crew raided enemy armadas. What we got were a couple of releases (that got caught in cert hell on Switch, btw) where you had "press button for weapon quest," and "here's a new room for your dojo, now go get these five parts and throw a ton of junk at it. That's done? Okay, get three friends and go do exterminate mission after exterminate mission. BTW, we're locking your upgrades behind RNG lol." To make things worse, it's only against the Grineer. Now that we have Granum in the picture, are the Corpus even enemies anymore? And how could they possibly do Infestation liches? Infested ships would be awesome, though, I gotta admit. As for op-link, that went over like an onion in a punchbowl. "One squad does defense while another squad does... defense." Like, I get the idea, but the implementation was less "you do A, I'll do B," and more "two squads are doing missions and one can't progress without someone doing the brainless one."

Then there's the ethos of "Hey, what do we need more of in our already over-complicated game about space ninjas? Overly complicated space piracy." A full loadout for dealing with railjack and Kuva liches is a warframe with ten mods, five weapons with eight mods each (and a stance), a parazon with six mods, a Railjack with as many mods as you can fit, but you can also mod the mod slots themselves to be better, a nose gun, two side guns, a shield array, a reactor, and an engine. Oh, and you have to do fashion frame for all of those, and four of your five small arms can have rivens. At what point do you go "maybe this is too much for one game to do"?

Nah, those are UI arpg features, mixed with f2p things. The reality is that the game itself has limitations all over the place gameplay wise, they go around that, but for example starchart missions have a S#&$ton of limitations and the openworlds are basically startchart missions with lua scripts glued all over the place and RJ has tremendous technical issues while still using the same engine, there are literally crazy things happening with RJ that look real bad, like the teleporting into dry dock crew ships, I mean the things was even teleporting with you in SS relay, it's crazy at this point.

What do you mean old stuff  liches and Lackjack is already left behind  look at this " nothing will be  done with them" in 10 years if the game is still alive maybe ur gona get a  VEnus update for railjack  but dont get ur hoppes up  this is how DE opperates  you get soemthing they hotfix and  tech it for 1-2 month and the next thing u know its  not there 3rd ord mother.....

14 hours ago, trst said:

Also personally I hope the command intrinsic tree got scrapped. Railjack doesn't need any Ai crew or automation anymore with how nerfed it is and we really don't need another intrinsic grind for mastery.

It doesnt, but would be nice to fill the ship at least.

Even with 4 people in there it seems a bit empty.

16 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Been playing warframe more sporatically last few months so havent really read up much on changes to WF in general.

I am wondering what happened to Railjack and the Lich system?. Are there any changes planned with either in the future?. 

They did just do a nice update for Railjack a few months back, and balanced a lot of things that had been lingering. With the Covid remote stuff, they've had to push other stuff back.

I definitely want to see the Command intrinsics, but also really would like to see some new planet systems with Corpus/Infested/Sentient type enemies for missions. We've blown up enough Grineer stuff already :P

the-water-and-island.jpg

Welcome to island content, where the old makes way for the new, nothing new here tbh, many games do it, warframe for a long time now has just joined the other flocks of sheep and settled into that trend.

This is why there is a dead starchart (apart from affinity grind nodes), dead archwing nodes, dead railjack, dead steel path, etc etc etc, but hey, why fix it when you can just copy and paste it.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Just been confirmed on devstream today - DE have plans but aren't going to talk until they have more.

That's nice, I guess.

That's a far cry from "Let's talk about these things with little solid details to show off" so that at least makes me feel that they are trying to think before they leap.

Personally I'd wager we're gonna see 3 new planets for the Corpus (Venus being one of them) and likely more mission types other than Skirmish added, perhaps a few new weapon types for the Railjack and a few new Avionics too.

...Also maybe we can get space Necramechs for a slower combat heavy alternative to Archwing's high mobility? But I'm likely asking for too much with that.

16 minutes ago, Aldain said:

..Also maybe we can get space Necramechs for a slower combat heavy alternative to Archwing's high mobility? But I'm likely asking for too much with that.

Probably not with part 2, but they brought up the idea of Necramechs in space (as some kind of remote point-defence turret, admittedly, but still) and Steve was all in on the idea.

So maybe we'll see some form of Space Necramech in the future.

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Probably not with part 2, but they brought up the idea of Necramechs in space (as some kind of remote point-defence turret, admittedly, but still) and Steve was all in on the idea.

So maybe we'll see some form of Space Necramech in the future.

They might also work as a "space walk" style thing, like raiding a Corpus asteroid base that is entirely run by robotics and as a result has no atmosphere which requires a less...subtle approach.

31 minutes ago, Aldain said:

They might also work as a "space walk" style thing, like raiding a Corpus asteroid base that is entirely run by robotics and as a result has no atmosphere which requires a less...subtle approach.

Less subtle is impressive given that our normal modus operandi is:

Archived