Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bite] a crucial mod and it's drop chance

Xikto

One of the most important mods for your Kubrow is BITE which is 330% CC and 220% CD 
one might be asking how do i obtain this mod? and the answer is either kill kubrows or farm earth sabotage rotations C
kubrows have a 0.01% drop chance for it and the sabotage (which will take you about 10-15 minutes to find all caches) has a measly 3.67% drop chance!
this is just outrageous!

first off why don't we have a lesser version of this mod? 2nd off even IF it had a lesser version i would say a 7-11% drop chance would be fair but atm this is just way way too low!
Please increase it's drop chance (you can remove/decrease endo and health restore chance and give everything else a serious boost) or you can just put it somewhere else with a fair drop chance.

If you know other instances of similar mods or items comment down below!

crucial sounds like a pretty strong word to use for this.

5 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

How is Bite a critical mod when Kubros have 10% critical chance? That's hardly worth modding for even with a 300% critical chance mod. What am I missing here?

i don't know about crucial but a doggo having a 43% Chance for ~10x is quite the difference, if one was to be Modding their doggo for Damage in the first place. that plus the generic Damage Mod makes for a decent probability for the doggo to deal ~13,000 Damage.
or yno 86%/6.4x for cats.

more exciting for Venari though, getting Slash Status off of Crits like that, heh.

no one mods pets /sentinals for damage dealing. maybe for some sh-t's and giggle but not for serious gameplay. now that we got so many useful pet utility mods, with set-based mods to give more bonus, use dmg mods just feels like waste of mod slot.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

crucial sounds like a pretty strong word to use for this.

i don't know about crucial but a doggo having a 43% Chance for ~10x is quite the difference, if one was to be Modding their doggo for Damage in the first place. that plus the generic Damage Mod makes for a decent probability for the doggo to deal ~13,000 Damage.
or yno 86%/6.4x for cats.

more exciting for Venari though, getting Slash Status off of Crits like that, heh.

The problem is mostly the dumb as hell AI and them dying all the time. I guess you could make a damage build work on Vizier Predasites cuz they can heal themselves.

I'm MR 25 or 26 (Can't even remember anymore) Never found the mod, I have basically everything else from playing the game so much. Every now and then I want to do something fancy with my pet and get some damage going, the full mod set for the Helminth Charger was a hoot but without Bite it's considerably more lackluster. If you're going damage on your pet (Should really only be Charger or Kavat, maybe those new pets as well, haven't tried them yet) then Bite is kinda necessary.

I've tried farming it over the years too, annoying as heck to get. I suppose you could trade for it, but for such a novelty mod that's niche and stupid hard to get? I'm not paying plat for that.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

can be prevented by Players not always going around with 225 Health and Shields. :)

I'm not compromising my build for this game's braindead AI. Eventually at higher levels there is also a point when only a couple ticks of AoE damage can kill a pet in a second even if you were running a 10k health Inaros.

22 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

tell that to the local bombard or nullifier with 10k damage ;)

neither one of those is likely to Kill your Companion, a Napalm, Scorch, or Hyekka Master is far more likely since Fire Status still hasn't been fixed for Companions.

On 2020-10-07 at 7:45 AM, Dauggie said:

no one mods pets /sentinals for damage dealing. maybe for some sh-t's and giggle but not for serious gameplay. now that we got so many useful pet utility mods, with set-based mods to give more bonus, use dmg mods just feels like waste of mod slot.

This is not true. If you actually bother to put 5-6 forma and make an effort, both kubrows and kavats are a very decent source of extra damage while having excellent survivability unless there is some massive AoE attacks. New immortal Deimos pets can survive through that without issues. Some sentinel weapons are really very powerful, especially Deconstructor-P, Sweeper-P, Vulklok, and DMR-P, but most of others are not bad as well. They don't scale too well with SP or higher level RJ, although are usable, but are pretty decent at sortie III unless they get stuck somewhere, which happens quite often.

People keep saying pet bad for damage, but Kavat can strip armor and once armor is stripped almost all enemies are a joke. Yeah compared to a lot of what we do... but useless for damage? What is your barometer for being useless for damage... Steel Path MOT survival 3 hours++? Up to sortie 3 and rot c arby rewards at least they hold up fine, which is what the main game is balanced around for the most part. DE even said not to expect the game to be balanced around Steel Path. 

I farmed for this mod for 2 years and still didn't got it.... but last year one of my friends gave me one since he had 2....the drop chance of this mod is laughable and abysmall...the same we can say for some other mods/intrinsics(or w/e they're called... the railjack mods) 👀

17 hours ago, akots said:

This is not true. If you actually bother to put 5-6 forma and make an effort, both kubrows and kavats are a very decent source of extra damage while having excellent survivability unless there is some massive AoE attacks. New immortal Deimos pets can survive through that without issues. Some sentinel weapons are really very powerful, especially Deconstructor-P, Sweeper-P, Vulklok, and DMR-P, but most of others are not bad as well. They don't scale too well with SP or higher level RJ, although are usable, but are pretty decent at sortie III unless they get stuck somewhere, which happens quite often.

The sniper weapon from the undulating gas bag Sentinel can be modded for great damage and crit chance. Very useful when fishing! Will kill everything for miles on the Sentinel with it's native firing percept but it still has great range on other Sentinels and even Moas!

The swarm missile is also great at applying status...... though I suppose that's technically not modding for damage even though it is in around about way.

On 2020-10-08 at 3:41 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

People keep saying pet bad for damage, but Kavat can strip armor and once armor is stripped almost all enemies are a joke. Yeah compared to a lot of what we do... but useless for damage? What is your barometer for being useless for damage... Steel Path MOT survival 3 hours++? Up to sortie 3 and rot c arby rewards at least they hold up fine, which is what the main game is balanced around for the most part. DE even said not to expect the game to be balanced around Steel Path. 

In what world are your enemies living long enough for the Kavat to strip their armor? They're a joke before that unless you're doing long survival missions, in which case your pets are dead by the time they're relevant. I mod purely for pet survivability and they still die far too often, even when my pet has like 16k HP due to Inaros, by the time armor stripping is relevant, the pet is dead, and their minimal contribution to damage is just laughable, waiting on ability cooldowns to kill one mob at a time when you're murdering swaths of them... this is all a very silly conversation.

• 1 month later...

Archived