Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't play for a year, is Valkyr still irrelevant?

SonicSonedit

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

inaros is a pure tank...dont need skills. Perfect for arbitrations like grendel.

Valkyr its a good tank but mortal....so still irrelevant.

honestly? no

once you hit the higher levels, inaros isn't gonna keep you alive, he is weak to burst amounts of damage

valkyr on the other hand, has both shield gates AND actual immortality with her ult

if I have to take a frame (between the 2) with the purpose of staying alive as long as I can for high levels, it would definitely be valkyr, not inaros

4 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

honestly? no

once you hit the higher levels, inaros isn't gonna keep you alive, he is weak to burst amounts of damage

valkyr on the other hand, has both shield gates AND actual immortality with her ult

if I have to take a frame (between the 2) with the purpose of staying alive as long as I can for high levels, it would definitely be valkyr, not inaros

your choice...i take inaros for sure.

Valkyr talons actually very good for newbies, because with decent build its slide attack oneshots 99-100% enemies and even Bosses up to Steel Path lvl. So almost every sortie with weapon restriction boss can be shredded in seconds. Don’t even mention Khora please. 

I don't see much reason to use Valkyr over any other frame, honestly.

Used to play her a lot in sorties back when i was a complete newb though.

For Arbitration farming, i find Frost, Trinity, Mesa, Nidus, Khora and co. to be overall better, or Banshee/Harrow when i want to challenge myself a bit more than two button presses to win, but i still use Valkyr with the Eternal War build from time to time just for fun when i'm not in the mood for something else.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So did Vauban. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t bad.

True, I personally didn't like to play him, as he didn't really suit my playstyle, but even when I was a newb and disliking him I did recognise that his kit was useful and reasonably powerful as far as it went, and that's before adding forma.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

True, I personally didn't like to play him, as he didn't really suit my playstyle, but even when I was a newb and disliking him I did recognise that his kit was useful and reasonably powerful as far as it went, and that's before adding forma.

If you think old Vauban was powerful then you must think Lato is the greatest pistol in the game.

22 минуты назад, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA сказал:

Who said my benchmark is "gamebreakingly op"? 

I just dont see what she can do that another frame cant do better. 

Oneshot most of bosses without prime/rank10 mods/maxed focus schools/OP weapons/rivens.

It’s probably the strongest warframe new player can get access early 

If you want to play as her she's still a viable frame to do anything in the game, and I mean it (she was capable before, after Helminth now she feels less forced on activities where a hard meta exists), although it will of course be harder on some gamemodes like ESO, SP Ropalolyst / Eidolons, high level defenses solo..., but nonetheless doable.

Still, if by irrelevant you understand "she's not objectively the best at at least one specific task" then she's indeed irrelevant, since her "tanky melee platform with AS boost" niche has been also given to some other frames (Gauss, Wisp...), making Warcry her subsumable ability was an error to this day I still can't understand, using her for the only purpouse of mobility is a meme and using her only for Hysteria is a joke (in the current state of the game, that is). And with 44-ish frames, some are destined to be relegated to a second plane.

But this is not a bad thing, since the last time she was excellent at something she got the nerf of her lifetime, so I would prefer her to still be good (better even, if possible) but not totally and objectively the best at something, so the "blue shell" seeks other(s) instead.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If you think old Vauban was powerful then you must think Lato is the greatest pistol in the game.

He was.... situational, lets say it that way. 😅 If you used his powers wisely, it was enough make an impact, and that impact was good for what it did. Personally I still use my catchmoon-haymaker-splat or whatever it was, way more than I should. Even though it's not gamebreakingly powerful anymore, it's one more thing that's far from irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Who said my benchmark is "gamebreakingly op"? 

I just dont see what she can do that another frame cant do better. 

She gets the job done with ease?

6 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Oneshot most of bosses without prime/rank10 mods/maxed focus schools/OP weapons/rivens

Sounds like she gets the job done with ease?

1 минуту назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

He was.... situational, lets say it that way. 😅 If you used his powers wisely, it was enough make an impact, and that impact was good for what it did. Personally I still use my catchmoon-haymaker-splat or whatever it was, way more than I should. Even though it's not gamebreakingly powerful anymore, it's one more thing that's far from irrelevant.

She gets the job done with ease?

Sounds like she gets the job done with ease?

She has very high power floor, but unfortunately very low power ceiling, that’s why most of “veteran” people won’t bother with her after skipping “early-mid game stage”

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

He was.... situational, lets say it that way. 😅

Nothing about his old Minelayer and Tesla were good, they were complete memes at best.

There's a good reason most people who played old Vauban ran Repelling Bastille and nothing else, aside from maybe the rare use of Vortex.

Under most circumstances I can find something decent with most frames, but old Vauban was just...a mess from top to bottom.

26 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Nothing about his old Minelayer and Tesla were good, they were complete memes at best.

There's a good reason most people who played old Vauban ran Repelling Bastille and nothing else, aside from maybe the rare use of Vortex.

Under most circumstances I can find something decent with most frames, but old Vauban was just...a mess from top to bottom.

They weren't killing stuff, but they did make them pause in very predictable spots while dealing with the effects. Let me put it this way, I've always found a use for abilities or damages that could hold an enemy still or take the heat off of me for a moment. My twitch reflexes aren't what they used to be, really. 🤷‍♂️

And his Bastille and vortex do something similar, from the way I looked at things. That freed me to focus as much firepower as needed, to the spots needed. What I didn't like was how.... Stationary he made me feel. I recognised that he'd be okay as long as I stuck to missions where his kit would be useful, but that he really wasn't an all rounder m

Honestly I had to build him twice, because I just couldn't stomach it the first time around, when I had so many other options for the limited spots. 

Play her fairly frequently. She does what I need her to do. 

I don't really consider her a group-friendly 'frame, but most players aren't group friendly to begin with so that's mostly a wash. 

I get her out when I need a 'frame that can passively tank a ton of damage, totally ignore status effects, or when I just want a gun platform for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

Valkyr talons actually very good for newbies, because with decent build its slide attack oneshots 99-100% enemies and even Bosses up to Steel Path lvl. So almost every sortie with weapon restriction boss can be shredded in seconds. Don’t even mention Khora please. 

The non-weak normal melee weapons do the same thing but with more range, and isn't tied to energy or an ability that can be disabled.

49 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Valkyr became irrelevant when they added Venka.

...and then Gauss who does the same thing, with a better version of her passive, and buffs that aren't limited to only melee. He's better than her unless you really like Hysteria. I just don't play him as I prefer how Valkyr looks, and the game doesn't require optimal setups for general play; although that's no excuse for DE releasing a better version of her and never fixing her.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

Inaros was never actually that good.

Gotta disagree. I used Inaros in arbitrations because of his ability to survive nullifiers and energy drains. Most EHP options that are competitive with Inaros are using abilities that rely on you having energy, not being nullified, etc. When you get far enough in corpus and infested arbs, they end up having so many parasitic eximus and/or nullifiers that powers become cumbersome to keep up even with our "op" methods of energy acqusition. Inaros gives you your biggest EHP bang for your buck with no input so to speak.

Yes i understand that you're framing it in such a way that this appears to be "afk" EHP, but like i said, there are circumstances where that base EHP is useful. This is all before shield gating i should add.

Just my opinion of course.

Also even after stating that I don't feel he's necessarily a bad frame, I do feel that his abilities besides 1 and 4 are rarely used (never in my case) and could definitely use love or an entire revamp.

11 минут назад, Yamazuki сказал:

The non-weak normal melee weapons do the same thing but with more range, and isn't tied to energy or an ability that can be disabled.

When I was playing her 4-5 years ago melee wasn’t even close to such state as it is now. True , there are a lot of nice melee weapons now, but most of them very mod/riven/forma hungry to be really good. However it doesn’t negate fact that for new player it’s much easier put all available damage mods on Valkyr Talons (with 60 base capacity without needing potato if I’m right) get hysteria augment somehow and get through all the stars chart/sorties/railjack without troubles. You only need some frame mods and hunter adrenaline and just slide attack on hysteria once to be completely healed, that’s all, chop chop machine ready

Archived