Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's interested in first-person mode for Warframe?

DarthK3v

Even if the camera was stabilized so its not spinning 24/7 the first person experience would feel very floaty and awkward. It'd have to be one of those things where you can't see your own body because imagine shooting backwards while in an aim glide... Yeah, it wouldn't work.

Gonna chip in and say I would like to see this. I would play in First person for some things and 3rd for others. Animations on gun reloads are already detailed enough to be great close up, and if the ability to switch between 1st and 3rd was seamless on the fly like it is in Fallout 4 for example, it could work great.

If it's optional, then yeah, whatever.  If they can implement it so it has no effect whatsoever on the main game?  Fine.  I'll never use it, I suspect the game would badly break in a number of ways (jumping puzzles in first person games suck, so imagine playing Warframe that way...)  But if someone thinks they really want it and there's no downside and I never have to use it... knock yourself out.

I’ve wanted it since I’ve started playing. To everyone who is complaining and making fake reasons with this could never work, wtf?

It would be optional, it wouldn’t affect you at all. Warframe isn’t the fastest game that’s ever existed, there are much faster paced games that can handle full screen. No, the camera wouldn’t rotate with you during a bullet jump. That’s just idiotic.

10 hours ago, DarthK3v said:

I'm just curious here. I get that maybe the chaotic nature of Warframe when you're surrounded by enemies might make first-person too limiting for most players, but I would still like to be given the option. Not a major feature request, just something to think about.

Yes but only if our camera flips as we flip! 

Extreme motion sickness incoming.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

True certainely it could be a option.  But that doesnt address the mechanical issues,  motion sickness, the loss of peripheral vision to dodge or master comboes, etc.

Here's some ideas

-have it automatically flip to third person during a bullet jump or roll. (maybe add a 2 second countdown before it switch's back incase people are spamming bullet jump)

-don't have the camera spin with the player and instead remain stationary as the player's body flips and weaves.

-don't use 1st person as it would be optional

-have it stay in 3rd person with melee equip

No because tummy hurt, me vomit

Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

I really hope none of the quoted people have ever played doom eternal or AVP, because they are certainly dead by now from dehydration.

FPS would be nice though. Warframes blocking the view can be really annoying and imagine it having only an extra toggle of the shoulder switch hotkey.

Vr maybe, but you can't really play first person, it is kind of impossible to gauge your surounding, in WF you are often making oblique moves and fighting colision while moving, also the movement is extremly precise. It would be better in open areas but indoors it would probably be a nightmare. Ofc if you are playing very relaxed, use stairs and run around it is more workeable. However you loose radial vision. WF is not a typical fps at all, you have the power to destroy everything 360° degree style.

This is only sort of related to OP's request, but can I disabuse this annoying notion that first person is inherently more immersive? The camera is not the sole factor in immersion. I for one was more immersed by ten minutes of Dead Space 2 a decade ago than I was by an entire hour of VR gaming last month

Archived