Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's interested in first-person mode for Warframe?

DarthK3v

I'm just curious here. I get that maybe the chaotic nature of Warframe when you're surrounded by enemies might make first-person too limiting for most players, but I would still like to be given the option. Not a major feature request, just something to think about.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Would be nice but what kind of of 1st person? Mirror's edge 1st person that confuses you or just standard 1st person?

The one that Genji from Overwatch has.

Genji does many backflips when double jumping, however, the camera itself its stable, and doesn't flip with genji, like almost every other fast paced first person shooter games

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

The one that Genji from Overwatch has.

Genji does many backflips when double jumping, however, the camera itself its stable, and doesn't flip with genji, like almost every other fast paced first person shooter games

That could be nice. But I never heard anything about it from the devs. One thing that could be problematic is the aiming. A lot of weapons don't seem to have these rear or front sights or whatever. So DE would have to implement something for that.

1 minute ago, Nailclipper said:

They could have turned your view to 1st person inside a Necramech. This could work since 'mechs don't bullet jump.

Why would bullet jumping affect your decision on whether you want first person on warframes or not?

Its not like your camera will spin with you. It's literally more work for the devs to actually try to do that than just having the camera stable.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

One thing that could be problematic is the aiming. A lot of weapons don't seem to have these rear or front sights or whatever. So DE would have to implement something for that.

Have you played CS: Source? Its an old game, but aiming down sights on that game with the AUG and SSG where nothing more than a zoom-in. No front or rear sights would be required.

Personally, the only reason why I would want first person mode is purely because at times my character would block my view on certain cosmetics or actions (Atlas aimgliding for example, literally blocks what you are aiming at.)

And I know Devs aren't thinking about it. I just want the QoL of it on certain warframes really.

I have nothing against the idea and am a little confused why they never implemented it given the number of requests over the years and how little work it would take to implements given that it's half implemented already.

That said, I doubt I would ever make much use of it either here as I already think that the camera, at it's furthest distance, is still too close for me.

I would definitely use it.

Although you would have a limited view of your surroundings and parkour would be a little wonky, it may make things more intense in game and maybe more immersive for the player experience. It would certainly pose some challenges but it could be a matter of ones own playstyle. Just like using a mouse & keyboard vs controller. 

While it would be nice, WF was just never designed for it. I prefer FPS over 3PS, but WF's mechanics just wouldn't work that well with FPS. Its honestly too fast moving to deal with those speeds and do bullet jumping in a FPS mode. Motion sickness would be through the roof I could only imagine. Also the models wouldn't look that good for weapons since they're really only made to look good from the 3PS perspective. They'd need a whole new set of models along with probably modeling of every single warframes arms redone for FPS pov as well. Its just too much work. Its a wonder how Bungie can even manage so many arm armor models for 3 different classes.

Archived