Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.4

[DE]Megan

7小时前 , [DE]Megan 说:

*Please note that we’re investigating a fix for losing Necramech Affinity if a Host migration occurs.

malicious host migration often occurs, causing all necramech +0 exp, which makes people very angry, i think that irresponsible team leaders should be punished, the phenomenon of leaving the team caused by network fluctuations can be detected, which can also avoid error punishment.

22 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Isolation vaults are not effected anymore by cycles but you need to pick another mother to get the tiers to go up.

I actually did. Started the first one like normal and the second bounty I tried both at Catabolic Gutter (northwest..ish) and the one at The Abscess (southeast..ish). Both showed the levels at 30-40 which is the first round.

Can we get the necramech xp bug fixed? If you're not the host in a squad and the host ends up leaving the squad/disconnecting, all xp other players gain is lost. Which is annoying since many people don't seem to want to wait for people to get back to extraction point and will leave before everyone gets there. Which, when you've been doing vaults to get rank up the necramechs for a while, to lose it all because of the host migration is tiring considering we have to rank a single necramech 5 times to get to max level

1 minute ago, psflip said:

I actually did. Started the first one like normal and the second bounty I tried both at Catabolic Gutter (northwest..ish) and the one at The Abscess (southeast..ish). Both showed the levels at 30-40 which is the first round.

Oh, ok sounds like it bugged out on you then.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Bonewidow's Meathook ability will no longer skewer Deimos Carnis and Deimos Saxum due to breaking throwing functionality and overall wonkiness.

Didn't think I'd see a useless ability become more useless by more restrictions to its use.... but then I remembered I'm playing Warframe.😒

General thoughts :

1- It is very hard to see the rewards for the new bounties. Mother will show you those but under very specific circumstances (you have finished a vault and you have not started, or even selected, a new bounty), the "window" to simply see what gives what is too short, imo.

Leading to people being even more confused about "what to do", really.

2. It is a bit annoying to have to climb back to mother after each arcana bounty. And then head down again. Seems a bit pointless.

Maybe a new way of triggering the arcana bounty can be implemented, directly inside of the vault, which would incidently allow people to, if the squad give them enough time, check the bounty rewards themselves. Instead of just pressing "ok" on whatever appears on the top of their screen, while having I suspect close to no idea what's going on.

3. I personnaly enjoy the "cascade access", as in you have to complete a vault to open subsequent arcana bounties for that vault, but I have to say most people seem extremely confused as to what is going on, i.e. they will trigger loid if they ever find his room, no matter the tier... it's just, people seem lost by the current presentation, sadly. And I'm talking MR29 and up "people", so they should have a general idea of the game mechanics.

So even though I do like the freedom, options, and well, feeling of optimization, efficiency it can provide, I also feel bad for most of my teammates who simply seem to just accept whatever and hope to get some of the new stuff.

Not sure how to adress that.

4. On the longer term, I fear/feel that the only reason to farm those "long and complicated" bounties will be to complete the theorem. The problem, for me anyway, is that I don't think those theorems are very good, I don't see myself dropping an arcane for one of those. And they require a specific kitgun to work, I mean, that's so restrictive for what already is not very appealing.

Anyway, I don't think that the incentive to farm those bounties will be very high in the short future. It could be adressed by revamping the arcana bounty access structure, but I feel an other way could also be to buff, again, and strongly, the new arcanes.

Because, again, once people have farmed the weapon parts (I have gotten 5+ of all those sets), all that currently remain are those new arcanes and they are not very... enticing :(

Besides that, I really really like the new vaults, spacious, look great, feel like infested vaults, the navigation flow is good even with mechs, love it ! The new bounties are fresh and fun, and I now manage to do ±15 mobs throws on the "sac mission", without a vauban or any frame ability, so I guess your fixes were sound.

So thank you thank you, good job and... keep at it, please :>

"Fixed Necramechs losing all their affinity for whatever reason"

Day 52145 of Deimos update : Still dreaming. Avoid Necramech until we can level them reliably. Probably waiting for the update where we can summon anywhere, so that we use them in Hydron 5 times and call it a day I guess.

After last hotfix Bonewidow(New necramech) exalted blade does not affected by mods anymore at all.

4 forma blade do 100-200 damage per swing and 4 000 on critical.  That blade was a kinda weak before and need buff, now it doesnt works at all, because he is not affected by your mods at all.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Alt fire will now also Heavy Attack the Glaive in Glaive+Gun mode. The original design intent was to reserve Alt Fire for the Secondary weapon, but a scenario where Secondary Alt Fire is needed while Glaive is in flight over Heavy Attack is extremely low. Bringing parity to Heavy Attack input in Dual Wield and Melee Equipped modes is far more important. Thank you so much for all the excellent feedback!

this actually makes it feel much, much, much worse! Dang. Seriously, when dual wielding (or throwing when having your primary equipped like a quick melee) then blowing it up made for a really nice flow. E is my melee. But for the glaives, it was VERY nice because:

aim + hold E (throw) + hold E (blow up, charge power throw) while still being able to walk around and it didn't feel overloaded.

Please give us the option in the menu to go back to this. because now it's:

aim + hold E + hit F MMB while quickly trying to get back to E to keep power throw charged... all while trying to also focus on enemies, abilities, companions, timers, etc...

this really hurts the flow of the gameplay, whoever made the decision the first time used their heads, and whoever changed it is listening to people who aren't even going to use glaives past these first few days and go back to whatever is AFK'able

il y a 4 minutes, Chewarette a dit :

"Fixed Necramechs losing all their affinity for whatever reason"

Day 52145 of Deimos update : Still dreaming. Avoid Necramech until we can level them reliably. Probably waiting for the update where we can summon anywhere, so that we use them in Hydron 5 times and call it a day I guess.

I've had it happen to me once with arcana (much more with the voidrig) and yes it is indeed annoying.

However using the necramechs in those vaults is very fun and very fitting so I'd rather face that (for now) small risk than just min-max affinity gain in a future afk helene setup.

It just feels right to be inside those big cans, in those tunnels, and, ye know, purge the unclean. In fact I wish they added some part / zones where the mechs would protect you from toxicity or something, like they would add additionnal protection to some environnemental hazards only found in those caves.

Like the toxicity they mention would be extremely harsh to your warframe, but not the mechs. Or something like that.

Mechs are not hard to come by and sell for ~9p in the market, so I don't think this would be overwhelming. And it would give them an additionnal purpose (which they are somewhat lacking, it's... grossly just another frame atm).

"Here's one Forma back for polarizing an item 9 TIMES, and item which is HARD to level." And if you've polarized 7 or 8 times, you just wasted 1 or 2 Formas, instead of 3 and getting back 1, which is 2 again. Hooray for respecting hardcore early adopters and DE math skills!

And Cephalon Shy was right. Either Bonewidow will start getting buffs, or Voidrig will be taking nerfs. And since the frontliner has the front-blocking shield while the long range has the universal shield, the universal shield took it in the knee.

Caustic jokes aside, good job with the udpate, and good luck with the future updates to DX12.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

his process could appear as micro-stutters the first time a shader is needed. Other games work around this process by forcing massive shader compiles in their launchers. We hope to avoid that as we work on a different solution.

I would really rather have the other options, (i assume) a decent sized download is much better than having to play with what looks like horrible lag every time something wants to load.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Endless Excavation now requires fewer Excavators to be cleared in the Endless Bounty variant for a full squad (from 5 to 3). This makes each round a little quicker and allows for enemy escalation to increase a little faster. 

• Added 5s invulnerability period to Excavators when deployed.

• Increased time between Excavator deployments from 3 to 5s and added an extra 3s on the first Excavator to give players more time to prepare for the encounter.

• Fixed reward banners for Endless Bounties not showing the correct bonus icon for previous stages.

• Fixed some bad Excavator placements in the Cambion Drift. 

• Fixed Excavation arrival transmission not playing.

Yes, that is good change. With pervious change to corpus researcher both endless bounties shuold take similar amount of time. Rewards % chance should be changed, Amber star have 50% pls lower this to 20%, and add something like 250xcryotic with 20% and remaining 10% distribute equally to rest of rewards.

I hope DE will make more improvements to this game mode and add to the rest of open worlds.

1 hour ago, Yank31 said:

I've had it happen to me once with arcana (much more with the voidrig) and yes it is indeed annoying.

However using the necramechs in those vaults is very fun and very fitting so I'd rather face that (for now) small risk than just min-max affinity gain in a future afk helene setup.

I played the Voidrig quite a lot when it was implemented and the affinity was near impossible to get, with the amount of bugs/despawn and S#&$. Re-tried this week, done 2 runs, no affinity from either, honestly that's painful.

I'm failing to find the fun in Necramech either. Everything seems extra-slow, the movements obviously, but even the sprint sucks by having animations on end, the 4th ability from Voidrig locks you out for a few seconds when activating and de-activating, damn in fact everything is sooo slooooowww, it's the exact opposite of why I'm playing Warframe for. 

Regarding the "lore explanations", I don't get it. Our Warframes never had any problem, even less with Infested in fact, there is no justification for them to be required to purge the tunnels... I mean, Saryn was in fact BUILT to deal with Infested, but we're led to believe we can't purge the infested in Deimos without a technology from the Old War we single-handedly won ? Meaning the Necramech, existing at that time, were probably decimated by standard Warframes ?

Archived