Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

19 hours ago, vanaukas said:

No? The beggining of those vacations yes, it's almost a month ago, but they got back less than 2 weeks from that vacation (they had like 2 or 3 weeks worth of vacation).

So do the math. How long have they had to work on this update. About 1 to 2 weeks. The common time for them to get updates to consoles is 2-3 weeks. This is nothing long. It only seems long because of the vacation. 

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

releasing OV on PC before the break was a bad move. Mostly because they weren't going to be around to patch things quickly

Exactly the same mistake they made last year. Released railjack, it was broken af, then went on break. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)Ravenger-MRIB said:

I'd say most of the longtime fandom has become at least somewhat accustom to radio silence at this point, at least let the things you do say have some meaning to them. 

I personally like the communication of "hey, we started." Gives a baseline for time comparison, and it generally means 2-3 weeks til release. 

18 hours ago, (XBOX)darkexodiax2 said:

They can delay a release that hasnt been advertised for a more simultaneous launch.close to a month in between is a little ridiculous tbh

Why would they hold back an update for anyone? That's not fair to the users, and besides, they use pc as a sort of way to work out bugs before going to console because they can update whenever they want for PC. They can't do that on consoles. 

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Shatterpiller said:

Still 13 days into the future and we still don't have the update 

Bro... the common time for updates is 2 to 3 weeks after PC got it. Chill. What's probably gonna happen is what happened with Scarlet Spear...  they rushed it out because people were complaining, and in return, we were stuck with a broken event that could only get fixed near the end. This time, I hope to God they take their time and give us every hotfix they can (which it seems they did) because I don't want it fixed at the end, I want it to be playable and enjoyable from the beginning. 

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

So do the math. How long have they had to work on this update. About 1 to 2 weeks. The common time for them to get updates to consoles is 2-3 weeks. This is nothing long. It only seems long because of the vacation. 

I think you misquoted me, since I'm not a console user, I never complained about how long it's taking this and I was the one reminding that they have less than 2 weeks of work for the console updates

In the past...

Players: "DE, why is this taking so long to get out? How long have you been working on it?"

DE: *Doesn't say when they started development*

Players: "Ok, fine, be that way."

Now

DE" Hey guys, we are finally telling you when we start development."

Players: "Waaaahhhhh, we want cert back. This new communication is bad. We don't like it cuz we don't know when the update will soon be out."

DE: "OK, we hear you, and we already planned to give you guys a release date to essentially replace the unpredictable cert.

Players: "Waaaaahhhh, "in development" is too vague. We want the unpredictable cert back even though "in development" is more communicative than we've had from you in the past. We don't like change."

DE: "But this way, you have a more clear time line for when we start and finish."

Players: "We're used to not knowing when you start."

DE: "So because you're used to us doing it the less communicative old way, you don't like us doing it the more communicative new way....?"

Players: "Yes. Now give us cert back!!!!"

Seriously, DE does something that gives the player a more clear time line of when things happen, and just because it's different, people get upset. Maybe read the part of the update where they will give a release date which will effectively replace the need of "in cert". Sure, in development, in cert, release date would work too, but if release is soon after it passes cert, then it's just redundant. The only reason cert would be better is if they seriously plan on giving only one day heads up for release (which I doubt they would do that), but even some in certs only took one day in the past. Now... should they give one day heads up, then, in the future, I will be against the release date over in cert. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
20 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Why would they hold back an update for anyone? That's not fair to the users, and besides, they use pc as a sort of way to work out bugs before going to console because they can update whenever they want for PC. They can't do that on consoles. 

Bro... the common time for updates is 2 to 3 weeks after PC got it. Chill. What's probably gonna happen is what happened with Scarlet Spear...  they rushed it out because people were complaining, and in return, we were stuck with a broken event that could only get fixed near the end. This time, I hope to God they take their time and give us every hotfix they can (which it seems they did) because I don't want it fixed at the end, I want it to be playable and enjoyable from the beginning. 

I used to be ok with how they have been doing things, and they truly have a great game worth playing, but their business and resource management compared to alot of other companies is lacking...the only thing I thought DE was doing better till this last few years was communicating with the player base....but that is slowly changing too. So now, do we continue on with the way things are? Or do we start asking for a bit of efficiency on content and bug managment?

Honestly I would rather see the next 2 years spent on quality of life changes, and repairing the base game, coupled with makeing the new player experience better with less mandatory mods... this game already has more content then most games, so I personally think that new content could be put on a team that builds and adapts the future content based on the base games overhaul and use a bigger team to make the base game better...

I'm not venting necessarily about this update...just the way everything has been handled just seems...off....and essentially why alot of people take extended breaks from this game

Edited by (PSN)ThanatosSloth
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I think you misquoted me, since I'm not a console user, I never complained about how long it's taking this and I was the one reminding that they have less than 2 weeks of work for the console updates

I did misread you. My bad. My message still stand for those who aren't seeing the time lining up here. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

In the past...

Players: "DE, why is this taking so long to get out? How long have you been working on it?"

DE: *Doesn't say when they started development*

Players: "Ok, fine, be that way."

Now

DE" Hey guys, we are finally telling you when we start development."

Players: "Waaaahhhhh, we want cert back. This new communication is bad. We don't like it cuz we don't know when the update will soon be out."

DE: "OK, we hear you, and we already planned to give you guys a release date to essentially replace the unpredictable cert.

Players: "Waaaaahhhh, "in development" is too vague. We want the unpredictable cert back even though "in development" is more communicative than we've had from you in the past. We don't like change."

DE: "But this way, you have a more clear time line for when we start and finish."

Players: "We're used to not knowing when you start."

DE: "So because you're used to us doing it the less communicative old way, you don't like us doing it the more communicative new way....?"

Players: "Yes. Now give us cert back!!!!"

Seriously, DE does something that gives the player a more clear time line of when things happen, and just because it's different, people get upset. Maybe read the part of the update where they will give a release date which will effectively replace the need of "in cert". Sure, in development, in cert, release date would work too, but if release is soon after it passes cert, then it's just redundant. The only reason cert would be better is if they seriously plan on giving only one day heads up for release (which I doubt they would do that), but even some in certs only took one day in the past. Now... should they give one day heads up, then, in the future, I will be against the release date over in cert. 

Honestly I don't care that much but for the people who are mad about this new system, I can understand why.

'In development' is a redundant, pointless status. We already know the Orphix Venom update is 'in development' because pc has it already. It's not communicating anything we wouldn't have already known before without this message. And 'in development' itself is incredibly vague. It's it in cert? Is it in testing? Is it in coding? Is it just a conceptual idea? Is it sitting in a forgotten document along with Steve's xXx daughter fan art collection? Who knows! I mean at least cert is something we know that has a real meaning. 'In development' means whatever they want it to mean at any time. It might be more meaningful/relevant when they start using it for pc updates too, but for console updates it's pointless because any time after pc gets it is always 'in development' and if it's not then what the heck are they even doing?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

And 'in development' itself is incredibly vague. It's it in cert? Is it in testing? Is it in coding? Is it just a conceptual idea? Is it sitting in a forgotten document along with Steve's xXx daughter fan art collection?

There was nothing before. 

We already know the Orphix Venom update is 'in development' because pc has it already.

Not true. They don't start development immediately after PC as far as its known. In fact, this new system will allow us to confirm that. 

any time after pc gets it is always 'in development' and if it's not then what the heck are they even doing?

Again, they don't start console development the day after PC gets their update. They work on PC and get it stable, and then a bit after, they send that much more stable build for console. Then they work on that conversion, and add solution for console specific issues or add newer hotfixes. There is a delay between development of PC and Console. Obviously people don't get that. Maybe that's why they don't understand what this in development thing means for us. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

Day 14 of waiting:

I need that bruntspar skin :(

Day 15 of waiting:

I still see his face (bruntspar image.png)

Day 16 of waiting:

Finally I have 120 plat for my skin, I'm gonna be the first to get that cool mech skin >:D

Edited by (XBOX)EventualDeer506

Im just hoping the new event will be in the nightwave 3 / intermission downtime. I kinda wanna grind intermission and the event to the max (get the cool rewards and maybe another maxed arcane). Can only get so much gaming time crammed in my daily life..

Especially if there's a good reward at the end of the intermission. Or the intermission should have enough time to easily clear the path after Orphix Venom. As was the case with PC players and NW3.

Is there anything already known concerning this?

27 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Im just hoping the new event will be in the nightwave 3 / intermission downtime. I kinda wanna grind intermission and the event to the max (get the cool rewards and maybe another maxed arcane). Can only get so much gaming time crammed in my daily life..

Especially if there's a good reward at the end of the intermission. Or the intermission should have enough time to easily clear the path after Orphix Venom. As was the case with PC players and NW3.

Is there anything already known concerning this?

The event will be during the intermission, yes. In fact, based on past Nightwave, I'd even reckon to say the event will end before Nightwave Intermission ends. 

well I know they are trying to fix all the bugs before the release and now we have 5 consoles BUT, Why posting this? Isnt better if we Just have one announcement 3 days before the release? It's like seeing a movie trailer and then waiting for the next year

vor 29 Minuten schrieb (PSN)okkaj:

well I know they are trying to fix all the bugs before the release and now we have 5 consoles BUT, Why posting this? Isnt better if we Just have one announcement 3 days before the release? It's like seeing a movie trailer and then waiting for the next year

Agreed. As you can see in this thread here, the new system already makes people anxious, angry and downright confused. 

Majority is already spoiled about everything LITERALLY since last year. DE pointing their fingers on us saying "haha we remove and twist stuff so you don't know anything, enjoy the wait" won't turn me into a happy customer. 

I started a Fallout 4 playthrough and already started not caring. 

I hope tencent stocks up DEs QA Team so they can work on simultaneous releases. Worked with deimos, can work more often and then permanent. Like, 

Literally 

Any game I ever played.. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)okkaj said:

Refer to this