Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

27 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Im just hoping the new event will be in the nightwave 3 / intermission downtime. I kinda wanna grind intermission and the event to the max (get the cool rewards and maybe another maxed arcane). Can only get so much gaming time crammed in my daily life..

Especially if there's a good reward at the end of the intermission. Or the intermission should have enough time to easily clear the path after Orphix Venom. As was the case with PC players and NW3.

Is there anything already known concerning this?

The event will be during the intermission, yes. In fact, based on past Nightwave, I'd even reckon to say the event will end before Nightwave Intermission ends. 

well I know they are trying to fix all the bugs before the release and now we have 5 consoles BUT, Why posting this? Isnt better if we Just have one announcement 3 days before the release? It's like seeing a movie trailer and then waiting for the next year

I've been reading through this chain since the original post and I understand why people were getting annoyed, but I also see it from people defending on the other side. (I'm not saying there are sides, just more for the explanation than anything else.

When DE posted this thread with 'In Dev' instead of the usual 'In Cert' most people freaked out because it wasn't specific. I was one of those people, but tried to remain patient as there is usually another layer that shows itself with time. It would have been good for DE to give a rough timeline like 2 weeks for example as it would have helped those people who were freaking out and give them time to calm down. The other half of this, is we already had a rough idea if we go off of past updates. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for DE to work on an update for consoles, so it would be at minimum today that the update would be released as from today they started work 14 days ago (2 weeks). That would also mean that the update is 1 (2 at max) weeks away from release. DE have also stated that they will give us a release date when they have one, so we will get some heads up.

I know that people freak out when no timeline is given, but at the same time it takes as much time as it will to make the update for consoles. It sucks, but it is what it is. Trust me, I would love to get my Necramechs out with my mates and fight big ol sentients if I could right now, so I get it.

In future, it may be better for DE to explain that 'In Dev' means that they are roughly 2-3 weeks (or whatever the timeline is roughly) to give people an idea of when it will come out instead of all this guess work. If it is stated as a rough estimate, it can be changed and updated as the update is finished off and if there is a delay it will be updated too. I'm sure that small piece of info will go a long way.

To the same regard though, I think that we as a community shouldn't freak out when we get some new news about change. At least 90% of the time it's there to help us in one way or another. It may be surprising at first, but if we calm down we can see the full picture instead of sweating the small changes we fixate on.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit for anyone still reading this chain.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

And it's not yet on consoles.

don't be so impatient. Unless you love HEAVY farming, this event will ruin your will to play quite quickly. I think calling it a sidejob would be closer to what it felt like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Great Senpai said:

Gonna be a month on Wednesday with no update on console and xbox still doesn't have next-gen update either. 

Wonder how much sony paid DE to release it 1st on ps5 or it's probably DE who favors PlayStation. Clearly obvious for years

we still dont have keyboard and mouse supportport when ps4 can use one, u can use one to play fortnight and warthunder no problem... yet they only alow xbox warframe players to rebind, if u think its a favoritism then ur wrong, its just de being lazy

Edited by (PSN)Spider_Enigma

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

It really helped in providing a mid-point status update

They will be giving us a mid point update in the future for updates. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

we still dont have keyboard and mouse supportport when ps4 can use one, u can use one to play fortnight and warthunder no problem... yet they only alow xbox warframe players to rebind, if u think its a favoritism then ur wrong, its just de being lazy

Maybe it's that 95% of the player base is more worried about them fixing bugs. I assume xbox has it implemented quite easily due to it being closer to a computer. 

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Great Senpai said:

1) Gonna be a month on Wednesday with no update on console and xbox still doesn't have next-gen update either. 

2) Wonder how much sony paid DE to release it 1st on ps5 or it's probably DE who favors PlayStation. Clearly obvious for years

1) This thread is literally an update on console. What do you mean? 

2) Orrrr... the more likely (and simpler) scenario being that there's hiccups with xbox development that slowed their progress there, and instead of making ps5 players wait for no reason, they released what they had to ps5. Could also be issues with Microsoft itself accepting it currently for some unknown reason, although this is less likely. You also have to realise that there was gonna be one that finished first if there was hiccups in one side. It could've been either one, and one side would complain regardless. If xbox got theirs first, ps would complain. You're participating in the vice versa. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Maybe it's that 95% of the player base is more worried about them fixing bugs. I assume xbox has it implemented quite easily due to it being closer to a computer. 

u can move the mouse in the ui already.....

u can fully play the game with a mouse and keyboard, but u have to navigate all the menus with the controller and cant change keybindings at all

its been like that for years, all the way back to the earth remaster if i recall (2017)

Edited by (PSN)Spider_Enigma

1 minute ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

You can also use a keyboard with the default bindings as of now. Again, most people don't care for the ability to rebind for KBM because 95% of people use controller.

yes i understand that, but that doesn't change the fact that u barely have enough buttons on the ps4 controller that u have to fight with gear wheels o do anything in the openworld and simply allowing my to rebind hotkeys to a bluetooth keyboard that's worked on my ps4 for 4 years would allow me to free up buttons on the ps4 controller

there s simply no way to not use the power menu, witch makes it so i cant even aim powers well, and without the power menu im taking up my entire dpad with powers, and removing the power menu on consolds brakes fishing entirely unless ur using a mouse and keyboard 

if the controllers had 2 extra buttons this wouldn't be a problem 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, (PSN)gdk1ng717 said:

Can someone answer this for me? I bought "Tennogen Bundle LII" will I have to buy it again when Round 2 comes around?

Didn't see an answer however, it is likely yes.  As I assume you are asking if when the cosmetics are released will the part 2 of the LII bundle be added to your inventory. 

If you do get them though please let us know as that would be good information to have. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Correct, but at this point I find it unclear what "mid-point" actually entails. If that merely means informing us after the update has passed cert it's still not useful imo.

Before, you'd have the "in dev" state, followed by "submited to cert" - usually on fridays, which meant the update is likely to pass early 'next week', and a "passed cert, will release x day", with 'x' usually being tuesday or thursday at the latest. If that supposed mid-point status update is about passing cert, and they actually need to delay the release a few days just to justify calling it a mid-point update (as opposed to releasing asap after cert passes), then I'd say this would be a turn for the worse.

But don't mind my rambling. I'm just trying to plan my life based on te data I have, even if said plans sound pessimistic. Not only is it just speculation, we'll know pretty soon what a "mid-point update" actually means when we see the full picture. Either way I don't mind waiting for polished content.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Didn't see an answer however, it is likely yes.  As I assume you are asking if when the cosmetics are released will the part 2 of the LII bundle be added to your inventory. 

If you do get them though please let us know as that would be good information to have. 

Will do.

il y a 9 minutes, (PSN)Toolriz a dit :

Man this is the longest cert ever! Over two weeks geez, this cuz of next gen cuz waiting nearly 2 months after pc is just way too long and u r gonna lose any hype by then. Consoles are really drying up already with warframe.

Oh but it's not in cert lol. They are "working" on the update for consoles. 

They wont even tell us when they put the update to cert.

Consoles are'nt good enought it seems

• Like 3

Estamos todos tristes com o atraso, estamos muito tristes porque não saímos até agora e nem temos data marcada, a DE está fazendo de tudo para lançar em breve, mas They  tive que entender que os Jogadores estão perdendo o hype do evento, já está acontecendo há semanas e eu até tenho um pouco de medo de pensar em atualizações futuras, adoro DE com toda a sua equipe, mas vou dar uma sugestão de FAN, porque não ter duas equipes responsáveis para testar atualizações em consoles para que sejam lançadas no mesmo dia que no PC?: /

Edited by (XBOX)z YUKIO OKUMURA