The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A nice chunky gun?

dangerdragon117

Yeah, fun fact?

The guy that designed the Sepulcrum and Trumna is actually a former Warhammer 40k dev of some kind.

Pick those up from Father on Deimos, you'll like them. For example, the Secondary pistol, the Sepulcrum? Looks like this:

nikita-leshakov-1920sepulcrumingame.jpg?

He literally designed this pistol as a 'Warframe version' of the Storm Bolter.

Not only is it a nice looking and chunky sounding pistol, it's actually got appreciable stats too, with an explosive radius on the bullet that adds Heat to your mix on top of your mods. Oh, and the Alternate fire activates a 'seeker' volley where you pass it over the enemies and it will target each in turn with a seeking volley of shots for extra damage (and I don't think the alt-fire costs ammo, you just charge it with kills). You'll enjoy it.

And for the Primary I mentioned the Trumna:

nikita-leshakov-1920trumnahipoly.jpg?159

Which is definitely a chunky-sounding gun.

It's a great crit-weapon, it auto-corrects its recoil after the first few shots so you can hit consistent headshots on things with it, and kills charge up the alt-fire on this to fire a bouncing-betty grenade that deals massive damage on each bounce.

Build it for those crit stats and multishot and you're going to have a laugh ^^

Quellor is also "chunky" IMO it's large, has a deep firing sound, and the reload, while long, has that "cha-gunk" feel. Corinth Prime is quite satisfying too, DE did a great job with the pump action shotguns. I'm with OP though, a lot of guns feel too "light" for me, and while having no recoils is practical, it also makes the gun boring on longer runs IMO. the Entrati weapons are awesome and I'm LOVING the Cedo.. I don't know who decided on "Boar Prime with double mag capacity and a glaive on steroids combined, but I'm VERY glad they did!

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, fun fact?

The guy that designed the Sepulcrum and Trumna is actually a former Warhammer 40k dev of some kind.

Pick those up from Father on Deimos, you'll like them. For example, the Secondary pistol, the Sepulcrum? Looks like this:

nikita-leshakov-1920sepulcrumingame.jpg?

He literally designed this pistol as a 'Warframe version' of the Storm Bolter.

Not only is it a nice looking and chunky sounding pistol, it's actually got appreciable stats too, with an explosive radius on the bullet that adds Heat to your mix on top of your mods. Oh, and the Alternate fire activates a 'seeker' volley where you pass it over the enemies and it will target each in turn with a seeking volley of shots for extra damage (and I don't think the alt-fire costs ammo, you just charge it with kills). You'll enjoy it.

And for the Primary I mentioned the Trumna:

nikita-leshakov-1920trumnahipoly.jpg?159

Which is definitely a chunky-sounding gun.

It's a great crit-weapon, it auto-corrects its recoil after the first few shots so you can hit consistent headshots on things with it, and kills charge up the alt-fire on this to fire a bouncing-betty grenade that deals massive damage on each bounce.

Build it for those crit stats and multishot and you're going to have a laugh ^^

hear that sound?

no that's not a choir, a car tire or a group of schoolgirls squealing around a fire. it is the sound of me squealing very dire.

Seconding what most people said: Get the Trumna or the Sepulcrum. The reload sounds of the Trumna are just bliss to hear, and it has some good kick when you shoot, not to mention that the barrel has a nice animation every time you shoot.

Sepulcrum has a nice oomph to its shots.

Lex, Aklex, Lex Prime and Aklex Prime have the classic hand cannon sound, very satisfying. Toss the Corinth into it too. As you said, it has a really nice bone crushing sound like god slamming on your door.

But if you want something very strong, with an equally strong sound, and do not wanna use an actual gun, get the Redeemer Prime. Or if you are into bows, you can't go wrong with the Kuva Bramma. The whistle of death the arrows produce before exploding in symphonic destruction, is simply satisfying.

Lastly i would recommend some of the automatic and semi automatic rifles that to me sound the best: The Braton series, Argonak, Tiberon/Tiberon Prime and even the Karak series.

7 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

I've tried various grineer rifles,

If you tried the Argonak and didn't think it sounded chunky enough, nothing I say can help you.  If you didn't try the Argonak...try the Argonak!  In full auto it's still the best sounding...

NOW I HAVE A MACHINE GUN  

HO - HO - HO

...weapon in the game.  My favorite reload sfx too. 

And the great thing about the auto Argonak is that with its crappy magazine size and mediocre damage, you get to listen to that reload sound... a lot!

On 2021-01-25 at 11:18 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, fun fact?

IIRC he's a concept artist for GW, and he also handled the Necramechs.

Archived