Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Date Announce: Devstream #152 on Feb 26.

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, Daemonsw0lf said:

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of love for the Deaf/HoH community. To be fair, it's hard to caption Twitch live... Possible but hard to do it correctly. 

But they also haven't put in a feature to help Deaf/HoH players find the caches in sabotage missions. Which shouldn't be a difficult thing to do - for example the map could flash or have a radar "ping" effect when you're in a range of a cache. It's a small in game thing, but it's huge when you can't hear the things and they're progression requirements. 

It quite easy to setup. If warframe streaming from streamelements obs, then just add plugins into obs and will show on stream tv with closed caption. Nothing problem

Will our Specters behavior be addressed by chance? I tell mine to stay, and they follow. I tell them to follow and they stay. It is frustrating that my specter doesn't stay put during interceptions, etc. 

When will the decorations in our orbiters be fixed? Nothing sits on the ground without clipping through the floor, etc.

Any Ignis Wraith skins coming this year? Solstice, Towsun, Day of the Dead... ANYTHING

I'm actually going to try and be brief this time.

I really want to see a lot of rebalancing and reworking for everything.  I think (well, let's be honest, hope) that a lot of players will agree with me when I say that there are a few frames that really need reworking since their kits could be better either mechanically or thematically, or they're too weak without augments (like Banshee), or they just need a bit of a tune-up to really make them fun (Grendel and Lavos).

Same goes for weapons.  I keep any weapon that has something truly unique about it; whether that be an augment (or two, or three, etc.), innate elemental damage, a unique ability, one or more alternate firing modes, or if it's a Wraith/Vandal/Kuva/Prime/Other, but some of those weapons just aren't good unless you put a LOT of Forma into them, and even then you might still need to get REALLY lucky with Rivens.  I probably also need to come to terms with the fact that there need to be some weapons, even if they're unique, that are just there for Mastery fodder.

Again for mods as well.  There are a lot of mods I see as useless, like some of the ones that were imported to PvE from PvP, and the ones that give your Warframe elemental resistances, and Warm Coat.  I would also like all the Set Mods to be reworked in the following ways:

1) Augur, Vigilante, Gladiator, and Hunter downsized.  Even across ~16 slots 6 mods is too many

2) Tek, Synth, and Mecha don't seem that great or that fun to me, but we can leave those aside since that's purely opinion

3) Motus, Proton, and Aero I would like to see be more usable outside of the tileset they were released in, and I'd like Aero to be buffed.

4) Carnis, Saxum, and Jugulus could also be buffed.  At the very least buff Jugulus since it's the most difficult to get, while also the most underwhelming and underpowered of the 3.  Saxum might actually be able to be left alone, but it'd be nice if Deimos Saxum Rex could also spawn on the surface outside of the ONE bounty that spawns ONE.

5) Very niche here, but I looked at Burdened Magazine (or whatever the +Magazine Capacity/-Reload Speed mod is for Shotguns), and Ammo Stock gives the exact same buff without the downside for 4 less capacity.  I know that Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force are like that, but that's a different case.  I also looked up some of the other Corrupted Shotgun Mods and they seem to have a similar issue.

Lastly (yay!), can we declutter the drop tables and reduce the grind (for nearly everything) just a little?  I don't think we should be getting common mods that pretty much EVERY player would have TONS of at that point on nodes like Hydron.  It makes it a lot more frustrating and a lot less fun when I'm trying to get a weapon Forma-ed to my liking (because of my second point) so it can MAYBE be fun to use, even if it's not great.  It's also more frustrating when you're trying to farm for relics to get that sweet new Prime stuff.

I get that there needs to be a lot of this to keep people hooked.  Roguelikes/Roguelites and the Monster Hunter series are some of my favorite games, and those involve a LOT of grinding with an addictive formula, and this game is free-to-play while those have to be purchased, but there's a limit.

Once again, thank you to everybody who takes the time to read all of this, or even skim it, especially since I failed to be brief yet again.  One day I'll be brief.  One day...

5 hours ago, (PSN)orrasami said:

I give you that. Sure its the most annoying thing lose the run for bugs. If this difference is to compensate for that. Sure ok. But i dont believe this. I just thought is something that DE should make it fair. If you dont agree, I surely understand the bug issues.

I reaaly dont understand how the can launch with so many bugs. But again, its part of it i guess. After all, the game is awsome.

the reason there are more bugs on pc on an update launch is because there are more players on pc than people testing the updates at DE, at that point its simple math more people playing equals more bugs found, plus major console updates have to go through certification before they launch while pc dont so it more convenient for consoles for us pc players to act more like testers and find all the bugs since there are way more pc players than what DE could test for/with

On 2021-02-12 at 2:45 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream152_DateReveal.png

Well, for me I guess this is the call of synchronicity, (to get active and on into the R.J. Re. Forum).

Back in July I had conclusively conceptualized my own Railjack with a final christening (with front mounted Apoc IIIs, Apocalypse  literally translating directly to Revelation, the over-all strength of influence over the basic physic construction drawing much more from [the art of] R-Type than any other single source or universe that I could recognize [the R-9 Last Dancer having a special charm], and The Veil Proxima being inescapably suggestive [conceptually] of The Veils of Illusion).

The name was sealed with some mobile device collage and decalism which as apparently a lot more on the Right TRACK than I would have guessed.

Spoiler

m0u1bnq.jpg

EZEAlNk.jpg

PRbITrn.jpg

JikuE26.jpg

Bp3ydm0.jpg

On 2021-02-12 at 4:19 PM, Katinka said:

If you spend as much time as you can killing as many Sentients as you can you can get a higher score, and because PC has a higher cap on enemies that spawn simultaneously the top scores possible on PC were higher than on consoles.  What this statistic fails to consider is that this only matters if you want the top score, not if you want the fastest rewards.  Killing the Orphix quickly and turning over missions faster will get Phasics more efficiently and thus the maximum number of other Sentients that can spawn is fairly moot.

Thats nonsense, the mission takes a set amount of time, you cant do it faster, only more efficiently.

During the PC event, if my recollection is true, you could do decently by keeping any given Orphix alive until about 30-35% sentient activity before killing it, then the next would spawn almost immediately. during that time youd kill as many sentients as possible. the score was also affected by your map, some jupiter spawn-tiles were the most optimal, reactor I think, for a high score you wanted at least 2 of those for a lot of sentient spawns.

Looking at the public leaderboards it kind of seems like consoles might be getting the short-end of the stick. There were a fair few 40-50k scores on PC, its very possible that groups were only slightly exploiting the fact that the hosts framerate would affect the mission timers, consoles cant do that stuff. 

On 2021-02-12 at 11:28 AM, (PSN)Seikami_Kieruma said:

More people will watch to get that umbra forma lol

Isn't that always the case? Those that don't actually watch but just tune in for the drops then later complain DE hasn't given any updates about things they'd know about if they'd paid attention, and then those that don't know what the drop is, how to check it/read the screen and claim account linking it 'broken' when it works for the majority? Really hoping Drops 2.0 helps a lot of that though there's nothing you can really do about illiteracy.

On 2021-02-12 at 3:10 PM, xDangerCatx said:

Once again I am here to ask you to rework Valkyr.

Memes aside, could you pretty please give her a look?  She's my favorite frame and she's been hurting for years and just keeps getting worse as the meta shifts.

She only has one great skill that you gave away to everybody, an ultimate that is very close range melee that just used to top up your health by most players, a completely useless stun that uses her shields and a travel ability that is so mediocre, you gave it to an archwing as punishment when you removed it's blink.

She's a tank, but other frames are far tankier than her with massive health pools.  (Even if they have no shields.  Valk barely has a shield as it is)

She's a melee frame where it's far better to shoot enemies before they get close and even then, your melee weapon is probably going to be a better bet than powering up hysteria, losing all combo counter, do a slide attack, or maybe lag into a nulifier bubble that just wont pop to swipes.  She really needs a full rework to suit her berserker leanings and it just feels like she's given a backseat to frames that are worse or better off.  She's never even had a deluxe skin for goodness sake! Give the kitty some love please!

In closing, thanks for all the hard work DE.  You have no idea how much I appreciate everything you do and the fun escape this game provides everyday.  I'm grateful for everybody up north working so hard in a less than ideal situation.  All of you are true treasures of the games industry.

Gersemi skin happened, was essentially the first or among the first deluxes out. I do agree on all other points though, and her Bastet helm like a lot of Look items- just looks bad on anything as it refuses to fully blend with say Gersemi color or her Immortal is it? Valkitty does need a look after Zephyr who'd been ignored even longer.

On 2021-02-12 at 2:05 PM, Light-Wolf-001 said:

Phasic cells are obtained by efficient runs, unless you have a full squad and proper builds you are not getting more than 21k score at the very most (that is if you dont rush it) at least thats what I experienced since Orphix on pc had low scores at the start of the event, but got significantly higher as people played more.

You can search a guide in youtube, that shouldnt take more than a few minutes, still, if it truly is a bug or something weird like that it really sucks tbh.

Good luck and may you get lots of arcanes!

They made a post about why they reduced the leader board score requirements for consoles because consoles were not able to achieve as high of a score due to performance and spawning compared to PC.  So PC could achieve more points per run than consoles ever could, thus earning way more phasic cells. 

On 2021-02-12 at 12:04 PM, Daemonsw0lf said:

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of love for the Deaf/HoH community. To be fair, it's hard to caption Twitch live... Possible but hard to do it correctly. 

But they also haven't put in a feature to help Deaf/HoH players find the caches in sabotage missions. Which shouldn't be a difficult thing to do - for example the map could flash or have a radar "ping" effect when you're in a range of a cache. It's a small in game thing, but it's huge when you can't hear the things and they're progression requirements. 

To be fair, even if the volume level for everything but sound effects is reduced to zero, some areas have ambient noise that seems to drown out the sound the caches make unless you're practically on top of them. It might be easier to just make loot and enemy radar something Tenno get by default. How many people actually go without either radar when they have the relevant mods?

10 hours ago, St0rmW0lf said:

To be fair, even if the volume level for everything but sound effects is reduced to zero, some areas have ambient noise that seems to drown out the sound the caches make unless you're practically on top of them. It might be easier to just make loot and enemy radar something Tenno get by default. How many people actually go without either radar when they have the relevant mods?

Ivara has Enemy Radar as her Passive that's why a "Tip" offered to you for her is give her the matching mod to enhance it, much the same as Equilibrium and Equinox :P

Archived