Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn desperately need a deluxe skin

SteveCutler

Hildryn is a fun frame to play, and very unique with the big focus on shields. Unfortunately though, Hildryn is absolutely hideous. She must be one of the ugliest frames in the game, appearing as a grotesque juiced-up over-muscular woman. Maybe some like how she looks, and that's fine, but I think it's safe to say that most don't.

I'd like to see a deluxe skin added for Hildryn to make her more playable, and I know exactly what kind of skin would suit her. Something like an Iron Man or Metroid Samus battle suit.

Spoiler

41ouM+9uqUL._AC_.jpg

RoMHb8U.png

Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I'd like to see a deluxe skin added for Hildryn to make her more playable, and I know exactly what kind of skin would suit her. Something like an Iron Man or Metroid Samus battle suit.

A deluxe skin is fine. We don’t desperately need one, Hildryn looks fine. I would say the majority of people won’t agree with you on looks - have a look and see how many complaints about her appearance you can find.

I would rather we get a unique and decent looking skin than what you’re suggesting. It seems you just want to rip-off Iron Man or Metroid, I don’t think either of those would be a good choice. I imagine that a deluxe skin would keep the bulky female aesthetic.

I object to 'desperately'. No warframe 'desperately' needs a Deluxe skin, but if they did...

The priority would be a frame like Mirage, the oldest frame without one if Zephyr's comes out in the next month or so, since there have been 16 frames more recent than the two of them that have all received Deluxe skins, with the only ones that are still pending being Revenant (who has had one announced) and Baruuk, only then does Hildryn pop up on the list in order of release, Wisp, Gauss and Grendel from that same year as Hildryn, then Protea, Xaku and Lavos being the least necessary.

Heck, before Hildryn, I would even argue that poor Ember needs her second skin to replace the Vermillion...

8 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

, Hildryn is absolutely hideous. She must be one of the ugliest frames in the game, appearing as a grotesque juiced-up over-muscular woman. Maybe some like how she looks, and that's fine, but I think it's safe to say that most don't.

Different strokes and all, but appearance wise, Hildy's model is a top 3 base frame for me, and better than probably half the primes and some of the deluxes.

So IMO, there are several frames that need one more.  But sure, a deluxe frame, why not. 

On 2021-02-18 at 8:09 PM, SteveCutler said:

grotesque juiced-up over-muscular

I've seen examples of "body building gone wrong" and ... no? This is really, REALLY not one of them.

Your (of course valid) opinion is somewhat bizarre to me, she looks different (as every Frame does, except maybe Excal vs Nyx lol),
but certainly not bad in any way as far as I'm concerned ... well, her Helmets could be better, I guess :P

I just want her deluxe to have huge boobs like the hyldryn fan art.

I'm pretty sure DE reduced the size of her chest so that there would be less clipping, but if the deluxe skin comes with a new idle stance then DE would be free to bump her up a few sizes.

Or maybe the community could start caring less about clipping in general so that DE wouldn't have to be so rigid with some of their designs.

The only time a Warframe "desperately needs" or at least *could use* a Deluxe, is when they haven't had one in a long time in comparison to their release. It's luckily why some Warframes like Mirage and Zephyr are finally getting ones.

Saying that a Warframe needs one because "they look absolutely hideous" is not only subjective, but also not very useful for feedback considering the nature of why the request is being made. A designer would probably just say "Oh, I guess you don't like their design" and moves on.

Am 18.2.2021 um 20:09 schrieb SteveCutler:

Hildryn is a fun frame to play, and very unique with the big focus on shields. Unfortunately though, Hildryn is absolutely hideous. She must be one of the ugliest frames in the game, appearing as a grotesque juiced-up over-muscular woman. Maybe some like how she looks, and that's fine, but I think it's safe to say that most don't.

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

41ouM+9uqUL._AC_.jpg

RoMHb8U.png

Thoughts?

The tennogen-skin makes her look much more appealing. If she is still to unplayable for you just max her and throw her into the trash can.

Btw. near enough?

4AE9B25341D1E2C2E5CA88821FFCADCB98FE9E54

I think I'm gonna call her now : "Iron-mum". 

Weirdpost incoming:

Hildryn already looks like a tank, why bother with a DELUXE if you're just going to make another tank model for her? Unless DE let Liger make her *cough* hotter via *cough* usual feminine traits(EBB mod for MHW come to mind) - I won't care. Because I'm horny like that and I'm not afraid to admit it. On the other hand, if DE create something like Garuda's "stick" skin for her - I won't EVER buy it.

I don't dislike Hildryn currently, mind you, but I do find some parts of her unattractive:

• DE made her abs look worse than abs of actual female powerlifters. I'd rather take a realistic bulging belly over whatever horror they slapped on her. 
  • I don't mind small breasts that some people seem to be so terrified by, but DE used weird textures on them and it makes them look worse than they actually are.
  • Her neck looks too thin for the rest of her body, or at the very least it feels like it with most animation sets. Her helmets don't help much, aside from the tennogen one.
  • The only thing she DESPERATELY needs right now is a better flight animation for her 4 as it STILL makes her look as if she STANDS on air.

Aside from that I am really digging her look as she's actually large and buff enough to stand out among other frames as an actually heavy looking gal. Tennogen skin for her is amazing too. Rocking Eros Wings ephemera on her, along with white and gold colors rn as it makes her look like a Maykr unit from DooM: Eternal.

Spoiler

Tin-foil hat time: I feel like DE made her so big because prior to her release Anthem demonstrated via their "frames" how much of a difference characters size makes.

Still, I do understand the feelings you have towards her while asking for a deluxe skin. I feel that way about Baruuk. I can't force myself to use him even if I cover his whole back with a cape. At this point I'll take a tofu skin from RE remake over his original model. Can't stand his torso, hate his noodle arms, hate his head, hate his legs. Anyway, let us hope that one day me and you get what we want.

Archived