Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven trade chat

_Amun-Ra_

I agree, rivens should be separated from other trades. They now inhibit and block players wanting to trade other stuff, which is both pretty dumb overall and quite unfair to newer players (that don't care or even know what rivens are and just want to trade for/with "simpler things").

A lot of the riven posts are "bot-posts", and there is no way a normal player can compete with a horde of bots posting riven trade announcements. Or any reason to even try.

The best option currently is to just give up on the in-game trade chat and never use it, and instead use the warframe market outside the game. 

Gerade eben schrieb Graavarg:

I agree, rivens should be separated from other trades. They now inhibit and block players wanting to trade other stuff, which is both pretty dumb overall and quite unfair to newer players (that don't care or even know what rivens are and just want to trade for/with "simpler things").

The best option currently is to just give up on the in-game trade chat and never use it, and instead use the warframe market outside the game. 

If Rivens were seperated out, that would still be the best option.

27 minutes ago, _Amun-Ra_ said:

floded by 100000000 rivens posted there

I see a different trade chat. Mine is flooded by walls of text created by relic scalpers (which I hate). Players with obnoxious trade posts or copy&paste bots, I do my best to individually add to my ignore list. Rivens versus everything-else is a separate economy, so if there was a separate chat I could probably get used to it.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Feedback Category?

53 minutes ago, _Amun-Ra_ said:

There should be a riven trade chat separated from the normal trade because the normal chat tred gets floded by 100000000 rivens posted there and literally cant see anything because of them....opinions?

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

use the filter

Separate chat would be better, but I ended up using the band-aid solution of filters. Basically put every riven prefix to not show in trade chat along with some others things like "wts" and relic messages. It's so much better without seeing them.

Sure warframe.market is better for frames/weapons, but I like lurking "wtb" posts on trade chat for mods usually newer players are trying to get. 

49 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I pretty much avoid trade chat like I do region.

If I want to buy something I'll just go to warframe.market msg someone and have the item in a minute.

If I want to look at a wall of spam I'll go to a grocery store in Hawaii

T6XwBGr.jpg

trying to contain my canned laughter

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Shouldn't this thread be in the Feedback Category?

could a mod move it to feedback? this should be a thing its not that i dont want to see them but i want them in separate spaces so i can read everything that way i can find rivens when i need them and the chat is not so crowded because its a pain having a 120 sec cd just to post a message that will get swoped away by a text wall of "[RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] [RIVEN] +50 mOrE ReAlLy cHeAp"

I use the filter - typically I put "WTB" as the filter text because that's how to find people who are looking for something - what the trade chat should be about. But I don't care for random junk people are trying to offload, or the relic scammers trying to grab 100 vaulted relics for 10p.

Unfortunately you then get loads of posts saying "WTS x, y, z, riven this, riven that, etc" with "WTB x relic" at the end just to make their awful bot-posted sales scams appear to people who really don't care.

A separate chat wouldn't help without better filters to begin with. Otherwise nothing is going to stop players from continuing spamming regular trade with Riven offers.

All we need is blacklisting "Riven" to block the word itself and all Riven names that way filtering them actually works without needing to enter a dozen terms.

Sellers wouldn't have visibility issues for their ads if buyers spent a few seconds setting up their filters. And those actively looking for buyers can set up their own too. How hard is that? Anyway, trade chat was too cluttered and moving too fast already long before rivens, i doubt separate channels would really help in that regard.

FILTERS ASIDE

I think a Separate Channel might actually be a good thing

because it would Separate Mentalities.

if someone is dealing in Rivens they're probably relatively high level Greedy Corpus

while a non-riven channel for simple necessities like Rare Mods, Prime Parts, Ayatans; would be a friendly place for newer players and people who want to do Barter Trades -items for items, instead of Getting Rich on Platinum.

Archived