Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

I want to have a way to level up my crew past the default 3 points. If I get a cool crew member with credits then they're doomed to have 2 fewer points forever. I'd happily have paid more for better stats for the crew member whose name I liked. They're also doomed to always have the stats distribution they started with, so if all the people I find with fun names have 4-5 points in Piloting when I need people that have Gunnery... what then? Don't use the crew I like?

Some options:

1. At rank 10 extra Intrinsics can be invested in crewmembers. Either a fixed value per rank or a scaling value like other Intrinsics.
  2. An item dropped in missions can be spent to add a point to a crew member. Maybe it replaces one of the less useful drops (like Endo in side caches).
  3. A tradeable item sold by the crew's syndicate can be spent to add a point to a crew member of that syndicate.
  4. Common resources can be spent to add a point to a crew member, similar to Helminth. Different types of resources are used for different stats, and the cost scales depending on the total number of points already there.
  5. Crew level up on their own using Affinity.

I wouldn't be happy with Forma or potatoes being used for this.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

I want to have a way to level up my crew past the default 3 points. If I get a cool crew member with credits then they're doomed to have 2 fewer points forever. I'd happily have paid more for better stats for the crew member whose name I liked. They're also doomed to always have the stats distribution they started with, so if all the people I find with fun names have 4-5 points in Piloting when I need people that have Gunnery... what then? Don't use the crew I like?

Some options:

1. At rank 10 extra Intrinsics can be invested in crewmembers. Either a fixed value per rank or a scaling value like other Intrinsics.
  2. An item dropped in missions can be spent to add a point to a crew member. Maybe it replaces one of the less useful drops (like Endo in side caches).
  3. A tradeable item sold by the crew's syndicate can be spent to add a point to a crew member of that syndicate.
  4. Common resources can be spent to add a point to a crew member, similar to Helminth. Different types of resources are used for different stats, and the cost scales depending on the total number of points already there.
  5. Crew level up on their own using Affinity.

I wouldn't be happy with Forma or potatoes being used for this.

wait a few days for a better stat roll to come by

I'm opposed to maxing crewmembers, it's too cheesy

After bingeing the new Railjack for a few days, here are some of my thoughts.  First of all, the changes are fun and I am enjoying it, so thanks!  As a mostly solo player, the changes do make Railjack much more playable.  However, as with any major update, there are a few things that could use some improvement/redesigning:

1. Consider adding an option or command to let Engineer crewmates manufacture Dome Charges?  I believe they already manufacture Ordnance Charges automatically, but as of right now the only way to reliably get off more than 2 Artillery Shots is to have the Engineering Intrinsic at 4 or higher, making some missions impossible to finish otherwise.

2. Playing solo, I have to do all of the away team tasks personally.  I do not mind this, but the problem is that I am not notified of any ship issues in a timely manner.  As of right now, the only way to know that we've been boarded and overwhelmed is to hear my crewmates shout out that they are dying.  It would be nice if the crew can shout out events like "we've been boarded!" or "our shields are down!" as they happen, and not just "I have been arbitrated and accept my mortality".  Even "fighting words" so we know how they're doing against the enemies would be nice.  Along a similar vein, Engineers should report what task they completed instead of just "I have completed the assignment" (did you put out a fire?  Seal the hull?  Forge some ordnance?  Tell me what you did!).

3. On reviving crewmates and crewmates dying, I have 2 points.  First of all, I find it nearly impossible to revive a Pilot bleeding out.  This is because they are too close to the pilot seat, and I end up taking control of the ship whenever I try to revive him/her.  Can we move him/her to the side when they enter bleed out?  Secondly, can we have a Battle or Tactical Avionic to revive crewmates who we were not able to save in time?  Liches apparently do not enter bleed out, so when he goes down I end up with one less defender for the rest of the mission.

4. When it comes to Liches as crewmates, I have to admit they are a bit underwhelming.  While I do not mind the fact that they cannot perform all roles, how about Defender and Gunner?  Also, for a Grineer supersoldier, mine was surprisingly weak and squishy against level 80-90 Grineer in Veil Proxima.  He was not once able to beat back a boarding party (I always had to teleport back and help after hearing another crewmate entering bleedout), and typically died by the time the 2nd boarding party attacked.  Can they even self-heal?  If not, I would posit that they are weaker than any crew member with Engineering > 0, since they are guaranteed to die eventually and you cannot even revive them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Proscriptor said:

wait a few days for a better stat roll to come by

I'm opposed to maxing crewmembers, it's too cheesy

And if I find a crew I want? It has much less to do with the stats, and much more to do with finding characters I like that are hampered because of the RNG. On day 1 I hired a guy named Thadd. Thadd Beefhuge. Thadd Thickstrong. I really like Thadd, and I want to keep him around. But his stats distributions kind of suck, and I don't know when a better Thadd is going to show up - if ever. Sure I can hire someone named Asnqergah or some other random jumble of letters with good stats, but I'd much rather use the crew I like instead.

If I could fully redistribute crew points then that would work too. I'd prefer crew leveling, though, because at least it gives me something to do in Railjack after getting the few scant new rewards. I finished the Carmine Penta and Nautilus yesterday and no longer have any reason to visit Railjack. Again. Being able to work on my crew would give me something to do for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

And if I find a crew I want? It has much less to do with the stats, and much more to do with finding characters I like that are hampered because of the RNG. On day 1 I hired a guy named Thadd. Thadd Beefhuge. Thadd Thickstrong. I really like Thadd, and I want to keep him around. But his stats distributions kind of suck, and I don't know when a better Thadd is going to show up - if ever. Sure I can hire someone named Asnqergah or some other random jumble of letters with good stats, but I'd much rather use the crew I like instead.

If I could fully redistribute crew points then that would work too. I'd prefer crew leveling, though, because at least it gives me something to do in Railjack after getting the few scant new rewards. I finished the Carmine Penta and Nautilus yesterday and no longer have any reason to visit Railjack. Again. Being able to work on my crew would give me something to do for a while.

the characters aren't variable enough for them to have individuality (the way liches have it), there is one look for each syndicate and the only variable factors are face covered/revealed for female crew, and their names. so arguably the "characters" are not characters. 

Edited by Proscriptor

I think most of this has been expressed elsewhere, but here is my feedback so far:

• Tenno in the barrel or main cannon? Pilot should face a crewship as soon as reasonable.
  • If an "External Crew" target pops up, the pilot should take it out as soon as reasonable.
  • Changing crew roles in combat is clunky and slow. The process is: L, click, click, escape, escape. That's too much.
    • Maybe a radial menu might be better?
      • Hold radial open button, select a crew member, select a role, let go of radial open button, maybe?
      • Maybe set up presets to add to the existing radial menu? "Slot A to Gunman"? Probably harder to make a UI for setting that up though.
  • Setting up primary and secondary roles would be awesome.
    • Pilot primary, gunner secondary: If I'm not piloting, you do. If I am, you gun.
    • Defense primary, gunner secondary: If anyone is on the ship, kill them. Otherwise, get on a gun
    • Engineering primary, gunner secondary: If there is something to fix or craft, do that. Otherwise, hop on a gun.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Proscriptor said:

the characters aren't variable enough for them to have individuality (the way liches have it), there is one look for each syndicate and the only variable factors are face covered/revealed for female crew, and their names. so arguably the "characters" are not characters. 

I think there's plenty of character to them, just look at the Duu sisters:

EQNRDfj.png

Why should these two be stuck with 11 Crew Points when other NPCs get 13? Because I paid less to hire them? Then let me pay more. I want to invest in the characters I hire.

• Like 7

Hi, I want to say that I enjoy the new Command Intrinsic and I think that many Soloplayer will love it.

Here are my thoughts on what could be a little different than it is right now. (most of the thinks where said before, but I think it good too know that more people will like it)

Crew

• Hiring:
    • Background: I very much like that they have all a litte background to them (please expand it more) and please make us able to read it after we hired them.
    • Management: Please make us able to manage the crew from Ticker
    • Stats: Please make them all equal, for me the ones with resources a cheaper as the ones for Creds. I would like not to have to choose one only because he has more points.
  • Railjack and Crew
    • Piloting so far:
      • Solid flying, does not get hit by torps to often, tries to fly near the main target. (Can be fun from the Gunner seat or If you join the fight in Archwing
    • Piloting changes that would be nice:
      • the ability to mark target of Priority (maybe with targeting assist for the marking, so you don't start to mark the empty space)
      • the ability to give them Oders: (Circel the target. Aim at Target/Crewships/Mission Objectives. Evade Fire. Retreat to save distance. Follow me.)
    • Gunnery so far:
      • Very good shooting maybe even to good.
    • Gunnery changes that would be nice:
      • let them be able to use the forward artillery 
      • the ability to give them Oders: (Focus Fighters. Focus Crewships. Focus Boarding Parties. Use/Don't use  Ordnance. Man Forward Artillery. Defend me (Archwing).)
    • Engineering so far:
      • Nice Hazard handling, but sometimes they don't repair when assigning and reassigning them mid mission (what gives you a core breach).
      • Solid fighting of Boarders  
    • Engineering changes that would be nice:
      • Let them Craft
      • the ability to give them Oders: (Focus Hazards. Focus Corebreach. Craft XY. Keep XY stack up. )
    • Defender
      • Well I never saw her in Action so I can't tell (yes I choose to switch her out for a third regular crew member, because they were more Versatile, and I simply reorder the Jobs to fight off Boarders to other jobs if it happens or let the Engineer handel it.)
      • would be nice as a secondary role so you don't have the hassle mid mission.
    • On Call
      • Nice. I like it.
    • Railjack Missions
      • I like the new mission typ a lot. At first I was a little sceptic about the forced join with on ship missions. But I find it ok.
      • I would like that the crew can join me on Solo mission onboard the ship. Would help a loot make more Frames viable, because I could let my crew try to jump in for missing players.
      • The firerate of enemy Torpedos and the spawnrate of Fighters and Crew Ships seem to be a little fast, so you don't get a loot of breathing to Handel your crew or craft and repair.
    • Kuva Lich
      • I like to farm them so I have a little army of them waiting for the command intrinsic. Please let me be able to use more than one, so I can see and hear them in Missions, and get some nice Ingame bonus for letting them alive :)
      • let them be able to do more roles (If the Lich is on the gun/piloting he can't exploit his powers so there would be not much of a power change to how it is at the moment).
      • let us equip other weapons (maybe only Kuva) or let us mod them, so they are on a level with some normal crew.
      • let us change some of there Look (maybe only form Lich you have farmed or some colors).
      • someone suggested that they can join Railjack fights with there one Crewships. I liking that Idea very much.

• Miscellaneous Changes/Improvements
    • Secondary Role: Please let us give the crew secondary rool. So there would be not so much menu jumping in critical situations.
    • Oders to the crew: Please give us a quick menu for handling the crew (there were some good post about that already)
    • Crew Skills:
      • I would like it be able to level the crew maybe even with some little side missions like Clem.
      • Let them be simply learn what they are doing by doing it in missions.
      • Give them some perks or ability instead of the Skills they have know. (Something like the eximus or a tech abiltiy like shield or teleport like some of the normal Enemys) This way they would be different enough to get some of them if you like that kind of stuff, but it would not be of great consequence id you don't like it.
    • Crew on Normal Missions and Railjack Defence/Volatile
      • Give us the option to enable Crew for missing players not only on the Railjack but also in Solo/not Full Missions. This way there would be a lot more Frames that could be played on Interception or Defance, If you want to do it alone or in small groups without fearing to get a revenge for playing casual.
    • Comments: Give us more! I love the Comments of my liches and farmed them for quirks. I like the comments of the Crew please give us more of that! And let them Comment on what they are doing so we know whats happening to the ship and around us :)

• Command Intrinsic
    • I have the feeling that command right now has not a lot in it. There is great potential but only the +1 Skill point, + Crew member does not feel like much. So here some suggestions.
      1. Unlock Crewmembers, the ability to hire them, to give Jobs to the crew.
      2. Enable the first and second Job command. (Pilot (Aim at target / Fly free), Gunner (Focus Fighters/Focus Crewships), Engineer (Focus Hazards/Focus Corebreach), Defender (Patrole/Follow me))
      3. Enable secondary job
      4. Enable the third job command. (Pilot (Evaide Fire), Gunner (Enable/Disable Ordnance), Engineer (Craft XY), Defender (Join me on the Objective))
      5. Enable perk use / ability use of Crew 
      6. Enable forth job command. (Pilot (Follow me), Gunner (use Artillery), Engineer (restock XY whenever it is needed), Defender (Support crew (give them some bonus)))
      7. Enable the use of:  (Pilot (Boost, Straif, Blink), Gunner (Battle avionics), Engineer (Tactical avionics), Defender (???))
      8. Your Lich can joint as crew
      9. On Call (3 min bonus Support of a 5th team member)
      10. <- What ever is planed here

I hope my english is not to bad and I'm looking forward the the next changes.

Edit: Edited Kuva Lich Crewship suggestion

Edited by Crashguide

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I think there's plenty of character to them, just look at the Duu sisters:

EQNRDfj.png

Why should these two be stuck with 11 Crew Points when other NPCs get 13? Because I paid less to hire them? Then let me pay more. I want to invest in the characters I hire.

it's just the name, I think you're reading too much into it

I'll start by saying that this update has been the most fun I've had playing Warframe in years. Despite the bugs, it is still absolutely my favorite game mode, and I can't wait for it to be integrated further in the future. That said, playing solo Railjack with Command 9 just feels... okay I guess.

Thankfully, since I've maxed and optimized everything to my liking, I don't have too much trouble playing solo. The addition of Command has slightly improved solo Railjack, but I feel like it's still missing the point. Simply put, I now feel like a 1.5 person crew instead of a 1 person crew.

If I'm playing solo, I typically don't want to leave the helm unless absolutely necessary, like for priority mission targets. In those cases I don't mind setting one of my crew as a pilot so that the ship isn't a completely vulnerable sitting duck, but if I'm still on board the Railjack I'd prefer to feel more in control of the aspects that I'm unable to just leave to my crew. As it stands, my gunner crew cannot fire forward artillery, my engineer crew cannot craft, and my pilot crew just flies around aimlessly. These are some things I'd like to see changed, and I have some suggestions.

Forward Artillery is honestly a pain in the ass, even in multiplayer frankly but we're talking about solo right now. I'd prefer to be able to fire it from the pilot seat, maybe by something like holding the 4 key since only 1-3 are used for battle mods. I'd rather not have to deal with a crewship deciding to leave line of sight by the time I go through all of the animations needed to swap from pilot and ready a shot. It would be fine for this to not transfer to multiplayer, since that would just result in the seat becoming useless.

As far as resource management goes, this feels like a perfect place for the tactical menu to shine. We gained access to remote repair capability with Engineering 10, but the addition of the crew has rendered that essentially useless. To supplement this, I'd propose that crafting be accessible from tactical menu, for instance by means of giving an order to an assigned engineer to run to the forge. This would also be a great addition to the communications menu to teammates in multiplayer, but much less necessary. On that note, we're still not able to see the amount of raw materials are available unless we enter the forge, so that could stand to be shown.

Finally, the damn pilot crew... Firstly, I'd like for assigned pilot crew to revert to gunner role upon being booted from the helm by a player. I feel completely betrayed and sabotaged when I get lined up for a forward artillery shot on a crewship or reactor weakspot, then finally get ready to fire only to find that my ship is now chasing down fighters... All because Billy Joe has been sitting around waiting for me to get out of THEIR chair... So yeah... That aside, it would be nice to be able to direct the pilot towards a general vicinity, maybe by using waypoints as a guiding tool. I'm thinking about how awesome it would be to tell my pilot to set a course for a Derelict or POI, load myself into the archwing slingshot, and fire into the front door once in range, all while having the peace of mind that my pilot is going to keep fighting just outside the door, ready for my return.

To wrap things up, I'll say that it feels like there are some balancing tweaks that need to be made, specifically with the competency points system, but I don't have any useful feedback in that department.

Thanks DE, I'm always looking forward to whatever crazy S#!t you do next :)

Edited by AgniKaizyl

I love to see AI more flexible on fight.

Just today i addcidently add 2 gunner and forget to change new crew roll, so he set as defender crew instead of Engineer. After fight no enemy on the ship but ship is got attack by serveral hazard. that crew just hold the gun and walk around even ship going to blow aways. I can understand for gunner crew that may not step down to fix that. but Defender while not on fight why not let him help on engineer work on lower priority.

Engineer role, he will maximize on fixing and if Ordinator and Dome run out, he will target to refill it. he will help on defend in case of got attack and have no harzard in the ship. Sure he will not touch up gunner or pilot role.

So Priority of Engineer must be [Fix Hazard] > [Refill 0 player's revo, ordinator and dome / less than 50 Energy] > [Defend only when got attacked and first 2 Priotiry is not toggle]

Defender role, he will maximize on defend intruder, But while have no intruder and roaming, he can help on fixing Hazard. but he will never do refill duty, gunner and pilot.

So Priority of Defender must be [Dedend ship] > [Roaming] > [Fix hazard while no intruder inside]

Gunner, he will maximize on turret, but in the case of intruder attack, he will come to add help on defending. he will not do any engineer or pilot work.

So Priority of Gunner must be [Gunnery] > [Dedend while they got attacked]

Pilot, he will maximize on piloting ship and will try to take care of target mission  (such as radiator) , In the case of player come to take ship control, he will go to For. Arti.and stand by. He will try to shoot only for Crewship and Fleet weak point when they are ready. So he will not shoot unless crewship's shild and barria is gone, and when weakpoint is on the sight. He will not do any defender, engineer and gunner role.

So Priority of Pilot must be [Ship flight - help to take down mission target while piloting] > [For. Arti. while player take ship control = Only shoot crewship that shield and barria is gone, or fleetship's weakpoint]

Edited by LumilSilvermoon

Why does the companions that are not sentinels seems so wild after the update? They run away like crazy after enemies, mess with spawn points... just suiciding.

i think this crew update messed with companions AI as well

considering not using them till they behave more 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for releasing Command tree. I will be quite short on the feedback:

1. Crew Members and AI.

Well, when it comes to gunners, defenders and engineers everything works fine. Gunners are even great at clearing enemy units. Engineer is good at repairing stuff, but sometimes it's quite slow, so that I'm starting to worry and send a drone to find out that the work is on route to be done.

But then comes the pilot. I know that it's a challenging role to implement properly. However currently it's more a gimmick than anything else. The pilot is downright useless, because he clearly does not know what he's doing. He's just bustling around randomly occasionally heading towards the objective.

Letting him drive does not have any benefit. It's even better that no one controls rj than this kind of ai, since it gets shot by capsules once getting too close to the objective or enemy crewship. And that's the problem. I'm not asking for a miracle, but maybe you can add a system that allows you to mark crew-ships/interest points, so that AI could follow them and even shoot sometimes. Or maybe it can follow crew ships when player is using the main weapon?.. I don't know, but there must be a system that lets the AI know what we are doing.

Another problem is that defenders are almost since engineer is already quite good at clearing the ship. And I'm not asking to make him defenseless, not at all I think more that you, DE should rethink a bit the role of the engineer.

My proposition:

The engineer must be able to craft things on call, or once they are depleted. You should be able to order him to craft, and should be able to order him to stop crafting to prevent him from screwing up thing with the cool-downs. Crafting should be the main focus of the engineering since no imminent danger on ship is detected.

Then defenders should be able to repair things. They must be less effective at this role, than the engineer, but able at least to do this with cool-downs.

This system will make each of these roles useful.

2. Competency points.

I can't say anything about this system. It works fine, for useful roles. It does not practically change anything for others (i.e. pilot).

3. Command Intrinsic Abilities.

It's fine. Maybe... command should also work on players. Maybe you could add some small damage/speed/regen buff for players, who are following your orders. Imagine you could give a player an order to land on enemy crew ship/or follow the objective. If he follows this order, he would receive a small buff. Would be nice addition to this system.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by TeaHawk

17 hours ago, MqToasty said:

3. On reviving crewmates and crewmates dying, I have 2 points.  First of all, I find it nearly impossible to revive a Pilot bleeding out.  This is because they are too close to the pilot seat, and I end up taking control of the ship whenever I try to revive him/her.  Can we move him/her to the side when they enter bleed out?  Secondly, can we have a Battle or Tactical Avionic to revive crewmates who we were not able to save in time?  Liches apparently do not enter bleed out, so when he goes down I end up with one less defender for the rest of the mission.

4. When it comes to Liches as crewmates, I have to admit they are a bit underwhelming.  While I do not mind the fact that they cannot perform all roles, how about Defender and Gunner?  Also, for a Grineer supersoldier, mine was surprisingly weak and squishy against level 80-90 Grineer in Veil Proxima.  He was not once able to beat back a boarding party (I always had to teleport back and help after hearing another crewmate entering bleedout), and typically died by the time the 2nd boarding party attacked.  Can they even self-heal?  If not, I would posit that they are weaker than any crew member with Engineering > 0, since they are guaranteed to die eventually and you cannot even revive them.

On the topic of Liches and reviving, can they at least help rez a downed crew member?  Also, since Liches do not enter bleed out, can they all at least have around the same HP pool? I have one that has 50% less HP then the others and that means that she doesn't last long in a fight due to the inablity to heal.

https://imgur.com/a/TjIt6RR

Liches should have the secondary role of engineer to help repair hazards as they patrol the ship. Like the other posters mentioned, it would be nice for them to be "on call" and have the option of either equipping different weapons or modding the ones they come with.

• Like 1

Generally, pretty happy with the overall performance of the Command Intrinsic system, aside from some annoying bugs and/or flaws, including:

Bug: Gunners can potentially vanish while inside a turret. The turret stops working, you can't order them off the turret, nor manually take control. They will cease all function until you do the main mission inside the enemy ship/base, which resets the ship and AI crew.

Flaw: AI doesn't aim for cruise ship shield nodes, sometimes happily firing forever at their shields rather than take out other ships that CAN be damaged.

Flaw: AI doesn't fire at Railjack-Team specific mission objectives (radiators, etc), sitting idly as nothing else happens aside from the eventual Ramsled attack.

Flaw: AI Engineers currently only repair and are otherwise just aimlessly wandering. They should maybe be given another task automatically when nothing needs care, be it manning a turret that's not in use, or working the forges (maybe expand the UI with an option to tell the AI what priority your resources should be replenished, High/Normal/Low/None)

Likewise, Defender is the only role that usually has no purpose until you reach the higher difficulty missions where Ramsleds managed to reach you before they blow up, otherwise they're just not contributing to anything.

Suggestion: Add context-sensitive orders for when you are the pilot, to tell the AI to focus-fire or use the forward-artillery to take out a targeted weakspot/disabled cruise ship. If you're out of charges for a given weapon or ordnance, have Engineers automatically run over to restock it right away, if possible (unless they do so automatically via the above mentioned priority resupply option)

20 minutes ago, KaerisMalifaux said:

On the topic of Liches and reviving, can they at least help rez a downed crew member?  Also, since Liches do not enter bleed out, can they all at least have around the same HP pool? I have one that has 50% less HP then the others and that means that she doesn't last long in a fight due to the inablity to heal.

https://imgur.com/a/TjIt6RR

Liches should have the secondary role of engineer to help repair hazards as they patrol the ship. Like the other posters mentioned, it would be nice for them to be "on call" and have the option of either equipping different weapons or modding the ones they come with.

Yikes, Tirekk there must've been created with Kuva sourced from Darvo Bek!  I think I'll be sticking with my crew of cannibals until they buff the liches a bit (or until one vanishes unexplicably)...

The NPC crew REALLY needs to be able to handle the "Ship crew blow up external radiators plz" objectives in those missions that splits the "team" between a away team and a ship crew with hacking consoles and destoying external objectives, i really though getting a crew would be the end to the tedious run back and forth to complete those missions.

Engineers also needs to stop slacking on their job, they never forge energy refill (is that supposed to be tied to the warframes? i thought railjack had it's own energy) or forward artillery (manually forging that increases the cap btw).
So even on a fully crewed railjack your still the role you want to perform + engineer + away crew + any role you don't assign to a crew member AND man the forward artillery

Edited by Shaderox

First let me say that I enjoy the Command tree. Like alot of things in Warframe I didn't expect it to actually exist, its mere existence is enjoyable.
I got a crew, I customize them, They have names, A generic randomized background story. And they talk to me, quite fun. Had me smiling for hours while I was setting them up.

I didn't expect the command tree to be bug free and even if there was no bug I didn't expect it to be better than having dedicated human players in my ship. And if they were, at some point making them dumber would be better otherwise everyone would just run solo Railjack with their crew and let them win the game for you. I mean even more efficiently than they already are right now.

Bugs aside, I don't want the Command tree to be a priority in the development, AI can be tricky since you have to account for alot of variables and these guys are trying to act using new ones from the Railjack mode. If they ever become better in the future I'm fine with it, but I'm also fine if the AI stays simple as it is right now.

It technically does most of the job I want it to do.
-Engineer goes to repair.
-Pilot does pilot the ship and comes to me if I'm far away with archwing and the pilot does fire with the front turret.
-Gunner has auto-aim and shoot at stuff using side turret.
-Defender has no job until enemies show up in front of him.

Pilot is an important role if the railjack mission gets difficult (whether because of a special mode or because of the lack of gear from the player).
A pilot can dodge bullets, figure out key targets, understanding what the crew is trying to do (like firing forward artillery or not if he sees the forward artillery ray flashing on his screen), going to Railjack Crew specific objective. Moving from point of interest to the next once one is done. Making sure no allies is left behind if they don't have the rank to teleport with Omni but also figure out if the players want to get in or not.

This is alot of complex interaction and interpretation. Of course if the AI pilot could do that, it'd be cool. But I'm not expecting such advanced AI in this game. The simple stuff the current Pilot does is fine to me, it shouldn't be as good or better than a player, it's a mere replacement until someone joins in.

One simpler solution would be the ability to give order to the pilot, maybe marking a spot while aiming so that it roams around a specific spot. This wouldn't change most of the AI but it would give players a mean to redirect the pilot where they want him to be. That and an order to act freely as they are currently, moving randomly.
Unfortunately this may lead to a chain reaction, once giving orders to the pilot become possible, one would ask for orders for the gunner to go for the forward artillery, and the engineer to craft specific stuff at the forge, and so on. This is a Crew that has the potential to go from dumb bots to valuable strategic assets that can also make coffee and your own laundry...
So unless there are some big plans ready for Crew to tie in with a 4-men squad, I'd gladly prefer we avoid going to such great length.

However, I currently got issues with Engineer and Defender.
The Engineer seem to have infinite Revolite not using the forge ever making it seem useless and inexistent.
There's also an absolute priority for the engineer to repair casualties within the ship like Fire. This is fine. Except when an enemy is standing right on the fire, and the Engineer doesn't understand that Maybe killing the enemy first would clear the path to repair. The enemy is just shooting at my engineer's head just next to him and it keeps happening for +4seconds until the defender comes there.

Now we can talk about the Defender.
The defender doesn't seem to really know where enemies are... at least not with the same accuracy and urgency as the Engineer would know where casualties are. I often see Defenders roaming the ship aimlessly, and if an enemy is within their line of sight only then do they engage combat and fire at it.
They also run very slowly, this makes them look lost in my ship even more.

I still like these goofballs as dumb as they are, but here's my share of feedback, much love.

Edited by STUVash

Allow the Crew members to:
- Target and Destroy Radiators (for grineer missions) <- very big oversight / defense things (for corpus missions)

-Give us a way to be able to use Forward Artillery from pilot seat (let us put an NPC there and give us a button to actually shoot it by "telling the NPC" but it just behaves as if you were in that seat, at the expense of 1 Crew member having to be in that place for the function to be used

I don't know but i think as a solo player other than what others has said here, but my little nitpick is that i think it's better if the crew can interact or contribute with the mission, like if you have a gameplay where you have to be an "away" and when you done your job it left with the railjack crew, i want the railjack crew can hit the radiator rather than i have to go back and forth and then i have to be an "away" again... It's a combination of Gunner and Pilot AI behavior and yes it's tricky but i think this can increase the QoL, and then my other suggestion is that we can instruct the pilot to go whereever we want, if we have cache then we can instruct the pilot to go to the cache

But overall, after like not having fun with warframe, i want to give a big KUDOS to your team, really having fun with this new update and i have a big relieve that i don't play railjack too much at the moment it arrives because it's not that solo friendly, with this command intrinsic, i really love that having any AI that can DO THEIR JOB (this is a pretty tricky one but thanks DE for implementing this mostly accurate especially gunner and engineer), it is I think a hard thing to do but a great start. I love to see what you can do next

- Problem: 

Crewmate/AI assigned to Pilot has no sense of objectives or enemy presence.

- Solutions:

a) Whenever player is in forward artillery, crewmate/AI pilot doesn't move

b) Whenever player is charging forward artillery shot, crewmate/AI pilot doesn't move

c) Whenever player is in forward artillery, and there are no crewships OR other forward artillery targets, crewmate/AI pilot repositions and approaches new target (if available)

d) Whenever player IS NOT in forward artillery, crewmate/AI pilot will attempt to pathfind to next closest mission objective IF player is on ship (cycle between mission objectives every one (1) minute) 

e) Whenever player IS NOT in forward artillery, crewmate/AI pilot will attempt to pathfind around mission objective player is engaging (by order of priority if more than one player in squad, aka player 1 = host, player 2 = next in priority, etc.)

NOTE:

Pathfinding around mission objectives does NOT need to be complex, just consistent. It can be the same path every time for all I care. Just keep them moving.

Edited by Scholar_Andrew
Clarity