Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack battle avionics cost too much energy

(PSN)Silver1593

1 hour ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Some frames dont have more than 150 energy without + energy  mods .

Then mod for energy.

Its just like you might mod for Flux capacity on your railjack before. If you really want to use more RJ abilities, you need to mod for energy.

4 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Then mod for energy.

Do you like stat sticks for pseudo exalted weapons? Now we got stat stick pilots. That's the problem. Archwing did the same stunt initially and scaled with Frame stats, so that Valkyr became de facto default pilot at that time.

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Do you like stat sticks for pseudo exalted weapons? Now we got stat stick pilots. That's the problem. Archwing did the same stunt initially and scaled with Frame stats, so that Valkyr became de facto default pilot at that time.

Honestly, no i dont.

I've never modded melee weapons just to benifit exalted, and i dont really mod for energy when i do Railjack. I just also dont start topics about it.

I tend to mod every frame with Flow / Primed flow. Theres rare exeptions where I just dont use the energy, like if im running an inaros with rage. But otherwise its way better than energy efficency so its just not a problem i ever really run into.

Maybe im just a poor excuse for an MR30, but I dont often play to the metas. I just use what I like. I do think that the change to using energy is a good thing, as it allows you to use the energy production of the forge to max your energy for non-railjack parts.

8 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

laughs in nerf hammer saying "we want to not make a meta frame be used for railjack so we will make everything worse" ;p

Its not like your forced to use a lavos if you've got one, or any other frame. The desision of what frame / what mods on your frame you use is just as much a part of your mission build as the guns on your railjack.

If someone posted a thread saying "profit taker orb fight doesnt work as i am using weapons that only do puncture and that doesnt show up all the time" you'd give them a clip round the ear and tell them to do it right.

This is fundimentally no different.

11 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

laughs in nerf hammer saying "we want to not make a meta frame be used for railjack so we will make everything worse" ;p

Meh. I doubt they will nerf him. Since zenurik is a thing. And the Battle Avionics got nerf pretty hard with maybe Void hole being the only exception. That avionic got buffed I think.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

I hope until the console update de reduce the energy costs or bring back the flux energy . Some frames dont have more than 150 energy without + energy  mods . I think removing the flux energy was a bad idea

33 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Laughs in Lavos

*Laughs in Lavos*

Ugh. Beat me to it.

Show us your mod setup and someone will have an idea what to replace with flow.

I however do not understand why so many people think that this somehow makes the missions so much easier. The abilities destroy the little fighters and that's as it should be. If we balance railjack around fighting small fighters then we admit that the entire system is a failure and give up on improving it. You already have things that abilities dont solve: crewships, points of interest and ground missions. Having near endless energy to spend on abilities is not a problem. Actually, who ran out of energy in the old system?

5 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Its not like your forced to use a lavos if you've got one, or any other frame

that maybe your point, and it's a logical point, but... nerf hammer doesn't see logic, doesn't see fun, it sees only stats and nerf hammer SMASH, smash puny users 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Fallen77:

I hope they don't change it.

God forbid if we ever have to build a specific way for specific game modes right ? Better design every game mode so that every frame and every build is equally viable, thinking is so 2020...

that's the way it is!

there are loadouts .... just a few clicks and I have the right build.
I either play with wukong with autohack. or wisp with 333% strength and dispensary. at least with wisp you can spam hardcore. lol

and there are tons of other alternatives.

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I hope they don't change it.

God forbid if we ever have to build a specific way for specific game modes right ? Better design every game mode so that every frame and every build is equally viable, thinking is so 2020...

So you're telling me that:
A) You enjoyed the stat-stick melee weapons for exalted melee use
B) You enjoyed archwing back when it was "Play valkyr...or just don't have a chance at surviving since its health/armor are based on the frame you have equipped!"

Because this is literally no different.

This is just "Choose a frame to stat-stick your railjack!" and I was hoping that DE was done with stat-sticking considering how against it they are in other modes.

And heres a thing: Maybe, just maybe we should be building the railjack a specific way instead of the frame.
After all right now its "Have a good ground based frame that might not have room for energy and have a sucky railjack; or have a super high energy frame that might not be optimized for ground play"
Why not have it just be "Build your railjack properly so that you can do the railjack portions; and at the same time build your frame how you like it so that you can enjoy the ground missions?"

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

This is just "Choose a frame to stat-stick your railjack!" and I was hoping that DE was done with stat-sticking considering how against it they are in other modes.

I think it's less of an issue than you're making it, I use Mesa without equipping Flow and have no issues. I also used other frames other than Valkyr for my Archwing and didn't die. Yes basing it off our energy is stupid but not for this reason. It's stupid because we CAN spam abilities forever this way, not because abilities cost too much energy lol.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Tsukinoki:

B) You enjoyed archwing back when it was "Play valkyr...or just don't have a chance at surviving since its health/armor are based on the frame you have equipped!"

And heres a thing: Maybe, just maybe we should be building the railjack a specific way instead of the frame.
After all right now its "Have a good ground based frame that might not have room for energy and have a sucky railjack; or have a super high energy frame that might not be optimized for ground play"
Why not have it just be "Build your railjack properly so that you can do the railjack portions; and at the same time build your frame how you like it so that you can enjoy the ground missions?"

Except all that's being asked here is 'maybe equip flow on one of the main slots of your frame" and not "sacrifice this entire weapon slot to an ability". No frame will have just no room for energy at all (unless it's lavos or hildryn but those cases dont matter for the discussion at hand)

vor 1 Minute schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

I think it's less of an issue than you're making it, I use Mesa without equipping Flow and have no issues. I also used other frames other than Valkyr for my Archwing and didn't die. Yes basing it off our energy is stupid but not for this reason. It's stupid because we CAN spam abilities forever this way, not because abilities cost too much energy lol.

Did we ever run out of energy spamming tether previously? Spamming abilities really isnt an issue because it only takes care of the small fighters which should be fodder enemies anyway and definitely not what the missions are balanced around. Railjack missions have to be more than just caring about tiny fighters.

19 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

^This. It's literally stat stick 2.0. Why they tied warframe energy to your railjack seems silly imo.

Archived