Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How should Nyx be fixed..?

Nyx doesn’t need a full rework to be viable in all situations. The problem with Nyx is her summon abilities is terrible despite being marketed as a summoner frame. What Mind Control lack is enemy numbers, 1 ally enemy won’t give a very huge impact. I would even dare say Nekros has a better “mind control” because he can control a horde.

Here is how I would change Nyx.

• Mind Control :
  1. Nyx can control up to 5 enemies at once. Number of enemies is affected with ability range.
  2. Mind freak is now innate. Charging target damage with player damage can stay.
  3. Instead of walking to catch up with Nyx when Nyx is too far away, mind control targets can now teleport.
  4. New augment “mind blast” : mind controlled enemies explode on death. Dealing up to 25% of the target’s maximum HP as radiation damage in a 10 meter radius with a 100% status chance.
  • Psychic Bolts :
  1. If an enemy affected by a bolt is killed. The bolt will jump into the nearest enemy with 100% of the remaining duration.
  • Chaos
  1. Synergy with mind control. Casting mind control on an enemy under the effect of chaos grants the target an additional 1000% damage.
  • Absorb
  1. Assimilate is now innate. Instead of walking, Nyx will slowly move by floating in mid air. She can move freely in any direction.
  2. Absorb range is increased to 20 meters.
  3. Remove the outdated energy cost per damage. No one liked it. Wukong can deflect a lot of damage without any penalties with defy. This can be compensated with a higher energy drain per second
  4. Give absorb a multiplier. Defy has this, why not absorb? Because absorb is an ultimate, the multiplier needs to be much higher than defy. 10x base would suffice.
  5. Increase the duration of the damage buff from 12 to 25 seconds.
  6. Synergy with mind control : Nearby Mind Control targets will fire at Nyx for 5 seconds, charging the absorb bubble in the process. 
  7. New assimilate augment : Nyx can now move during absorb at 100% speed (affected by strength). Range is cut in half.

That’s the end of my proposal. Even with the changes, Nyx still cannot compete with the top frames. At least it will make her fun to use again.

Chaos is one of the best and more reliable CC abilities since it gives enemies high aggro. You do not get hit by enemies affected by Chaos unless you're the most unlucky person on the planet. It also stuns enemies for 2 seconds when activated. It's great for defense or rescue missions. It's great for defending your Railjack when boarded. The area is huge and it goes through walls.

The only thing I do not like about Nyx is her 4th ability. It has no synergy with her kit. The mind control is ok, but it could use something like DR for you and transfer damage to the mind controller enemy. I rather have that and then get a new 4th ability that is actually useful and synergizes with her kit. Perhaps something that can interact with her other abilities.

Nyx is great for solo play because you play the game on your terms at all times, not much use when playing with more than 2 people because the more people in the game the faster you kill your enemies, but this kinda is the same for every frame that cannot nuke a room in a second. People measure a frame based on a two things: dps and survivability. Nyx doesn't really fit in those categories so people rate her as trash. But those people are also stupid.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Nyx doesn’t need a full rework to be viable. 

Nyx is already viable.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I have avoided her, for like the longest time, still haven't used her so it's not my place to speak of her and her problems tbh. But her concept alone looks... looks like they took a concept and had no idea what to do with it. Psychic Bolts..? What, I mean I guess.. 

Anyways, what are her main issues?

What causes the issues?

Does Nyx need ability reworks or stat reworks?(I think psychic bolts need to be swapped with something, like a telekinesis character uses bolts as on of their main gimmicks : //)

Lemme hear it, and what are her current "gameplay band aids" ? Because I've avoided her but want her so bad plus her deluxe skins are probs some of the best, I just dont want to be disappointed so I'm saving her for when I need the MR.

Honestly, I wouldn't listen to anyone with opinions about her until you actually play her at max level. You might would have loved her play style.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Nyx is already viable.

In very niche situations. I don’t like Nyx being reduced as a general debuffer crowd control frame. What I want Nyx to become is a viable summoner frame. Summoner playstyles has been rotting in the “trash” category for some time now.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

In very niche situations. I don’t like Nyx being reduced as a general debuffer crowd control frame. What I want Nyx to become is a viable summoner frame. Summoner playstyles has been rotting in the “trash” category for some time now.

What niche situations? You can use her in every mission on any level.

I actually really like Nyx. She's not the most interesting or powerful frame but there is enough there to work with, especially now that we have the helminth. She is lackluster in lower lvl content since she has no damage abilities and cc isn't needed but, she scales into higher lvls very well. 

Chaos isn't the best cc ability because you can get hit with cross fire but, I find that if you keep one enemy under the effects of mind control as a decoy you get hit a lot less. When you do get hit it's from like one random shot and not the entire screen full of enemies all aiming at you. This makes it easy to just quickly reset shield gate. 

I think the trick is just stack as much cc as you can on her. I use an ezodia hunt zaw, magus lockdown+anomaly and Proboscis Cernos on her. Enemies basically ignore me while I group them up for easy kill, if I want I can strip defenses on up to 6 enemies while they are grouped up but that is rarely needed. 

I replace her 4th ability because who needs damage absorption that drains energy now that we have shield gating. I found that Specrosiphon works really well on her, enemies are trying to fight amongst themselves while also trying to fight their reflection. It kinda just bugs out the AI and you can do whatever you want and have endless energy. Breach surge, Shooting Gallery with or without Muzzle Flash, Ensnare and Resonator are all good options to add another layer of cc to her kit as well. 

I just like a heavy crowd control playstyle. Nyx isn't the best or most interesting frame but she was one of the easiest frames I've taken to max lvl.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Refer to the sentence after that. Her niche is that, a general debuffer with outdated crowd control. 

You're using the wrong words to describe her. Just because she doesn't do what you want her to do doesn't mean she's not viable or that she's niche. She's 100% viable, more so than many other frames in the game. She's extremely versatile and can do any content solo. The harder the content, the more useful she becomes.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

You're using the wrong words to describe her. Just because she doesn't do what you want her to do doesn't mean she's not viable or that she's niche. She's 100% viable, more so than many other frames in the game. She's extremely versatile and can do any content solo. The harder the content, the more useful she becomes.

That’s true, but almost everyone agrees that using Nyx outside of spamming chaos and psychic bolts can feel how outdated she is. Mind Control only controlling one enemy isn’t great. Enemies will just gang up on your target and constantly knocking it down. Giving the target a hard time dealing damage. It can be fixed if Nyx can control a horde.

Absorb? It’s being overshadowed by Defy and that ability is not an ultimate. Who thought that giving absorb an energy cost per damage absorbed is a good idea? In high level Nyx will run out of energy in seconds if she uses that ability. That outdated mechanic has no place in the modern days of Warframe.

Nowadays if you build Nyx focusing on Mind Control and Absorb people will tell you “you’re building her wrong” and that’s sad.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

That’s true, but almost everyone agrees that using Nyx outside of spamming chaos and psychic bolts can feel how outdated she is. Mind Control only controlling one enemy isn’t great. Enemies will just gang up on your target and constantly knocking it down. Giving the target a hard time dealing damage. It can be fixed if Nyx can control a horde.

Absorb? It’s being overshadowed by Defy and that ability is not an ultimate. Who thought that giving absorb an energy cost per damage absorbed is a good idea? In high level Nyx will run out of energy in seconds if she uses that ability. That outdated mechanic has no place in the modern days of Warframe.

Nowadays if you build Nyx focusing on Mind Control and Absorb people will tell you “you’re building her wrong” and that’s sad.

I definitely agree that a change to her abilities can make her better. I was just countering the idea that she's not viable or that she's niche.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The only thing that needs fixed is her 4.  First of all it shouldnt drain energy absorbing damage.   There should be no damage cap on it.  It should be a simple drain/ efficiencu+time like other on/off abilities. The explosion needs to be 20m by default.

Aka her 4 should soak damage faster w/ no cap and explode in a huge aoe that ignores walls.

You sure you know how to use it? Level 3500 enemies in this vid.

5分钟前 , -CdG-Zilchy 说:

You sure you know how to use it? Level 3500 enemies in this vid.

lol . Every time someone say how broken a frame is using endurance run as example. People jump out saying it's not central content of warframe. And when someone point out how bad a frame is this come right back . 

12 minutes ago, BRZZAFK said:

lol . Every time someone say how broken a frame is using endurance run as example. People jump out saying it's not central content of warframe. And when someone point out how bad a frame is this come right back . 

And so the circle continues forever. People saying Nyx is thematically wrong have a point. People saying Nyx's abilities are bad from a gameplay PoV however, need to get more creative.

58分钟前 , -CdG-Zilchy 说:

And so the circle continues forever. People saying Nyx is thematically wrong have a point. People saying Nyx's abilities are bad from a gameplay PoV however, need to get more creative.

Yeah how creative you people are. De should just forget about the reworking. It's not worth it. 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Being able to go hours and hours on end in a survival does not translate to being effective at all the other content in the game.

Revenants also a big offender of this. People praise his one shot gimmick like it’s some be all end all move, but in reality it’s more effective to just shoot the enemies. The fact that Rev mains complain that team mates kill their thralls before they can be Reaved is proof of this.

Nyx is the same way. Just because you can technically abuse the mechanics of her abilities to last forever in a survival. That doesn’t mean those abilities have any practical use outside of that one niche.

Super long endurance runs are impractical anyway. Why go for a 10 hour survival run when you can do five 2 hour survivals? It’s the same exact rewards at significantly less risk.

7 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

the immobility of absorb is my biggest gripe about nyx, even with augment, reave subsumed and using final harbinger momentum stance isn't enough to make a slug a figure skater.

in the end i decided to subsume it off for condemn 

Drop her 4 its useless. Then use eclipse and well craps ccd melt enemies with your weapons.  Thats what i do.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I have avoided her, for like the longest time, still haven't used her so it's not my place to speak of her and her problems tbh. But her concept alone looks... looks like they took a concept and had no idea what to do with it. Psychic Bolts..? What, I mean I guess.. 

Anyways, what are her main issues?

What causes the issues?

Does Nyx need ability reworks or stat reworks?(I think psychic bolts need to be swapped with something, like a telekinesis character uses bolts as on of their main gimmicks : //)

Lemme hear it, and what are her current "gameplay band aids" ? Because I've avoided her but want her so bad plus her deluxe skins are probs some of the best, I just dont want to be disappointed so I'm saving her for when I need the MR.

Survivability.

Archived