Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.1

[DE]Rebecca

28 minutes ago, weirdee said:

A brief commemoration of what the patch meant by "stacking effects" in the void storm:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421794662936739870/831656807760003092/20210413181148_1.jpg

The sights, brain melting. The sound, indescribable.

The frames, nonexistent!

Also, "they" for Vala? Internal terminology or something to get excited about?

34 minutes ago, VocaSeiza said:

Void Storm Drop table includes:

> 50-100 void traces

> 900 - 1200 endo

> Radiant Relics

wtf are you on?

It's a pretty good drop table, but there's the 30% chance of getting what might as well be a 3000 credit cache.

I would've preferred to see Sevagoth parts removed from that table and added to relics or somesuch, tucked away somewhere they won't do so much permanent damage.

Maybe have his parts drop from void storm enemies in place of Harrow Chassis.

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Reviewing Void Storms to give better or more rewards would be a great way to keep them relevant compared to normal (and faster) Fissure missions. :)

Personally, I think the rewards are fine and will remain relevant for the majority of players. Void Storms have the following:

• Radiant relic drops
  • High source of Void traces
  • Regular RJ mission rewards including POI
  • Large source of endo

Granted they can be 2-3x longer than regular missions so the void traces amounts are somewhat comparable. A void storm mission in the veil has a 50% chance for 100 traces when you take into account the relics, which is on top of the traces received from cracking a relic. Also consider that you're hitting 3-4 different farms at the same time in a single 5-8min mission.

Just did a RJ Storm mission on Neptune and shortly after starting my ship got hit with something that scrambled the UI (like an electric proc) however even after the repair was made the UI stayed this way for the ENTIRE mission. Not just on the RJ, but in my Archwing and in the away mission parts as well. The UI stayed locked in a perpetual state of vibrating, shaking, and being completely unreadable. I had no idea what my objectives were, I just had to follow the floating icon and pray I could figure out what it was when I got there. Once I completed the mission I went back to the Dry Dock thinking that would clear the issue. Nope. Even standing at the RJ configuration terminal in the Dojo the UI was still completely scrambled. It took going all the way back to the orbiter to clear the issue.

As if that wasn't bad enough, trying to focus on a screen with constant vibration and unreadable "text" for that long gave me a literal headache. So now instead of playing more missions, I have to go take some Advil and lay down for a bit to see if I can get this to go away.

Looking forward to something different, would also like to know why my bug report on Amalgam Furax Body Count was removed when the bug is still very much present.

Edit: Appears the post has been made into a redirect to another extant bug thread, but still no word on a fix? I say again, Arcane Eruption already forces a non-blast knockdown and wasn't broken with Melee 3.0 - the fix is right there.

@DE please, The only Operator outfits whose only metallic channel is on something other than the Lining Color channel are the Kubrodon, Outrider, and Harrier outfits. The Bishamo outfit, which is the only one I've noticed with 2 metallic channels, has its secondary metallic on the Primary Color channel, rather than more sensibly on the Tertiary channel. The Outrider is the only outfit whose metallic is on the Secondary Color channel at all! There are various Warframe cosmetics that also break the convention of "Accent Color Channel" being the slot occupied by metallics, while the majority of them follow the convention.

This inconsistency only makes cosmetics INCOMPATIBLE AND UGLY.

PLEASE. Just make anything's Metallic Color Channel be tied to the Lining/Accent Color Channel (and lesser-covering second metallic channels to the Tertiary slot), as it'll allow an even greater amount of epic customization between your game's awesome designs and cosmetics, which can only mean better player-driven marketing opportunities and glamour shots for you, but as it stands, some things are POINTLESSLY UGLY when matched together, because someone decided to randomly assign the metallic channel to a non-standard channel!

Please save our operator fashion, there's only really the Kubrodon and Bishamo outfits that fit in with the (new and amazing) Harrier outfit based on metallics, and aside from the shared metallics channel, they're barely aesthetically compatible! Please just switch all 3 to use the Lining channel for their main metallic channel!

8 minutes ago, Imper1al_BacQn said:

I feel as if these issues should have been picked up in testing and not after full release it's a shame that alot of new content requires soooo much fixing after release why not run a public test server to iron all the bugs out before full release 

Would be the best way to prevent game-breaking bugs when they launch new content yeah, but DE is pretty proud when it comes to hiding new lore in their big updates and a public test server would undermine their efforts to not spoil things before launch.

A closed test server (for selected players who have agreed to mild NDAs) is worth considering though.

Ultimately the issue is that major patches haven't spent enough time in QA. SovietWomble on Youtube talked about his time working as a QA for games and said the advice he gave out the most was "You only get one first impression", to dissuade game directors from releasing a seemingly stable game before QA has had a chance to find all the game breaking bugs. Frankly, DE skimps on QA and seem to rely on us to do that work, but repeatedly doing bad first impressions is bound to backfire.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.1

As we continue to read Feedback and collect Bugs, our public Trello board will be updated: https://wrfr.me/3uNtd3W 
We are moving a lot of this over to an ‘Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii’ label, and will reorganize and leave details on the cards where applicable! As a reminder, this board is not-exhaustive and the Hotfix notes will always be a best reference.  

Changes:

• Crewship Health Bars now disappear once a given Crewship is in the destruction phase so you know when to stop shooting.

Fixes:

• Fixed a Script Error caused by Void Storms. This would cause crazy bursts of colour and stacking effects, and should be resolved now. 

• Fixed an issue with Component Stat changes reverting when opening the Railjack Mod Configs.

• Fixed issues with the Spy mission progress tracker on the player HUD not correctly updating. 

• Fixed a few issues with doors and panels in a Corpus Spy vault. 

• Fixed Nautilus Mask and Tail effects not respecting player colours.

• Fixed a rare Script Error. 

• Fixed a Crash associated with Void Storms. 

• Fixed an issue with Inaros’s Agile animation set. 

• Fixed various typos. 

• Fixed a Crash related to a Cy transmission. 

• Fixed script crash while returning to Dojo just as mission is starting / while streaming into mission.

• Fixed several crashes in Call of the Tempestarii quest.

• Fixed Sevagoth not going into Shadow form after death if Sevagoth previously died in Archwing.

• Fixed boarders showing up at the Dry Dock after aborting an Orphix mission.

• Fixed Sungem Railjack Skin not using your Energy color.

• Fixed a script error while using Wukong’s Celestial Twin.

• Fixed Danse Macabre loop sound staying active when client aborts mission while power is active. Also fixed Danse Macabre end sound playing when entering the menu while power is active, it wont be triggered now.

• Fixed Sevagoth not being able to use two colors on his emissives. 

• Fixed Vala moving their mouth during Call of the Tempestarii end screen because of a crew member transmission. 

• Fixed a script error when starting a Void Storm mission that's just about to expire.

• Fixed Grineer Crewship pilot weapon not having any muzzle flashes when fired from pilot seat and no external firing positions in space.

• Fixed a hitch in the Codex if you select Call of the Tempestarii quest before completing the Deadlock Protocol. 

• Fixed arrows on Mirage variants and idle to follow the bow.

I don't know why , or how , but for some reason , sevagoth doubles the itens in shadows forms , I farmed 52 steel essence in 30min , WITHOUT A SMEETA @-@

Sevagoth is pretty fun right now, but his 2 (Sow) constantly deactivates itself for seemingly no reason; is there a hidden requirement it takes? I will still have more than 15 seconds and it just turns itself off; it happens constantly, very easy to replicate this bug, just go in to any mission, activate it and watch the timer; it will just vanish, sometimes after a second, sometimes after a few seconds and, very rarely, a bit before it is supposed to expire.

I see my problem now; for some reason I thought it was something that moved with Sevagoth, not a 'use it and enemies get tagged' ability, but now I understand; ignore this post.

I am happy for the corrections, but they are still corrections of RJ. The "Old" aspect of the game still has the same old bugs. I just feel that DE looks for the new and exclusively for the new content and almost all of that new content is around Railjack and that's it, the old is old and will keep like that. Steel Path was the last try about the "Old" game.

Operator still bugging and stucking the warframe's animation and not being able to cast skills or shoot, only dying and reviving fix that.

There's a lot of holes, even in the new tilesets, Corpus Ship have a lot and more easier holes to find. I found some of them.

Nekros still are suicidal on defense area missions on Deimos. Your Shadows counts as Infested and the control drops to 70, 50 when you use the ult.

ESO: sometimes you fall on a map and return to the beginning of ESO, outside the portal.

ERIS still a mess, as Europa. Kuva and Grineer galeons are not friendly or clean to play. 

Rollbacks. Using the transference, dying with the operator makes you go back to the begining of the mission, sometimes it means, 700 or 800 meters...

Archwings are... Modular archwings? The archwing maps still the same and abandoned. Just a messy design map... And now, archwing were on the central spot of updates(RJ missions) But where and how do you leveling your ArchWings? Let's see the old things and make them better to the new? I don't think so...

Pressing TAB multiple times drops the FPS to almost 10 or something. I don't know, but the weapon/warframe mods UI eat a lot of GPU and it appears or should be something light to the GPU. This I would call optimization.

Lichs still entering the walls and dying inside them, keeping stuck on the same place after you fail to kill him.

JORDAS: Jackal always was a good boss fight, and the rework was on him? Sergeant are a joke and not even close to a boss aspect, Jordas... I don't need to say anything

JORDAS BUG: Sometimes, we spawn at 10000m from him and cannot reach him. Sometimes we spawn on archwing stucked animation.

Waypoints: no comments.

Those could been the fixes someday... Almost 5 years playing. and now, when I see the fixes are being so good and quick, all the fixes are about Railjack. I hope in another one hotfix ahead, see any of those bugs fixed. But that's it, nice fixes. Precises.

Archived