Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: TennoGen: Update 30.1.0

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

Has that even been remotely hinted at? The last hint I heard, many eons ago, was a hint towards Volt Umbra

I can just imagine Volt Umbra running around nuking the whole map while you stand there and think, damn leave some for me. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1. The primary panel for the Revenant Draugen skin tends to oversaturate rather harshly.
Other than that, fairly ok looking skin. 

2. The Kuther machete skin is a pretty solid looking high-tech design, the size however makes it look more like a heavy blade than a machete. Honestly, if all weapons sizes could be customized, length and width separately, that would make far more weapons and skins viable.

3. Finally, tons of cred for that awsome looking Baruuk Shiraan skin, both to Lubox, the original artist, and the people resposible for the final product. Great detailwork and texture, solid balanced saturation and an overall amazing loking skin.

Cheers

23 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I can just imagine Volt Umbra running around nuking the whole map while you stand there and think, damn leave some for me. :facepalm:

So....I don't get the logical thread here.  I'm not singling out your sentiment, but it seems to be a good springboard to make a point.

Excalibur Prime is an exclusive...Excalibur is the poster child of the game...Excalibur Umbra is what everyone gets for simply playing the game.  Umbra and Prime share basically the same stats, there's a single modified ability, and the void death spheres don't give you energy.  The only real balance is that you get 3 Umbral mods....that only really mean anything if you want to build for health, armor, and power strength.  From where I sit, this is largely a wash.

So....what exactly do we think that another Umbral frame would bring to the table?  An umbral frame was a big thing before umbral forma....which DE denied that they were going to do.  Then DE did umbral forma.  It was a one time thing, or for special events.  Then umbral forma were subsumed into the steel path garbage.  This means that right now I can take something like an Inaros Prime, slap on two or three umbral forma, and have literally the best of everything.  It's slightly better than the base Inaros Prime with standard mods, it still uses the death orbs for energy, and the only potential "loss" is a slightly modified ability.

To the quotation, what does Volt Umbra bring that Volt Prime doesn't?  Ditto with Trinity?  I mean this not as a rhetorical question, but a genuinely perplexed player that got to watch the most recent developer stream.  One in which "when ghoul saw" was proposed, and then dismissed as though it hasn't been literal years and they didn't promise it earlier in 2021.  Why would you ask DE to shoot out another frame with virtually no differences from what we already have?

-So we are clear, not a personal criticism.  This is my gut reaction every time I see umbral frames discussed.  I've yet to see any justification other than they might look good....which is fine....but it's basically more tennogen at that point.-

• Like 1

On 2021-04-30 at 3:49 AM, --RV--ytomy said:

Thanks, any ETA on Trinity Umbra?

On 2021-04-30 at 2:20 PM, SasoDuck said:

Has that even been remotely hinted at? The last hint I heard, many eons ago, was a hint towards Volt Umbra

On 2021-04-30 at 2:29 PM, Slayer-. said:

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

So....I don't get the logical thread here.  I'm not singling out your sentiment, but it seems to be a good springboard to make a point.

Excalibur Prime is an exclusive...Excalibur is the poster child of the game...Excalibur Umbra is what everyone gets for simply playing the game.  Umbra and Prime share basically the same stats, there's a single modified ability, and the void death spheres don't give you energy.  The only real balance is that you get 3 Umbral mods....that only really mean anything if you want to build for health, armor, and power strength.  From where I sit, this is largely a wash.

So....what exactly do we think that another Umbral frame would bring to the table?  An umbral frame was a big thing before umbral forma....which DE denied that they were going to do.  Then DE did umbral forma.  It was a one time thing, or for special events.  Then umbral forma were subsumed into the steel path garbage.  This means that right now I can take something like an Inaros Prime, slap on two or three umbral forma, and have literally the best of everything.  It's slightly better than the base Inaros Prime with standard mods, it still uses the death orbs for energy, and the only potential "loss" is a slightly modified ability.

To the quotation, what does Volt Umbra bring that Volt Prime doesn't?  Ditto with Trinity?  I mean this not as a rhetorical question, but a genuinely perplexed player that got to watch the most recent developer stream.  One in which "when ghoul saw" was proposed, and then dismissed as though it hasn't been literal years and they didn't promise it earlier in 2021.  Why would you ask DE to shoot out another frame with virtually no differences from what we already have?

-So we are clear, not a personal criticism.  This is my gut reaction every time I see umbral frames discussed.  I've yet to see any justification other than they might look good....which is fine....but it's basically more tennogen at that point.-

I hear 'when next Umbral Warframe' mention talked about here and there, me personally I wouldn't want one and your post highlights the reason, nothing apart from MR gain and novelty factor.

I think it's just a novelty factor like a lot of other things players want but become bored of quickly apart from some diehards.

I did think the Umbral Excalibur Warframe was pretty cool to play when it first come out, though I rarely use it anymore and had that comical thought in response to what I read.

• Like 1

I have recurring stability issues since this update. The number of host migration has increased significantly (be i was the host or not), often resulting in the outright disappearance of other players. My connection remained the same and I was far from having so many problems before (some migrations could occur from time to time, but never as disruptive as it is now).

Edited by Yulfan

Am 30.4.2021 um 12:20 schrieb SasoDuck:

Wu Kong Umbra. 2 clones ftw. One of them is live already, so it‘s only half the work (pun intended)

Hello,

I just purchased the Nidus Tennogen off of Steam and then hopped into a mission only to find that my build configurations had been wiped completely clean. When I got back to the orbiter, I found all of the mods and arcanes were gone. I was able to put them back, but figured that was an odd bug worth mentioning. 

-Jumbo