Jump to content

I just wanna fly my railjack, bruh


Recommended Posts

You know it's tedious, when you pimp up your ship, and then you wanna fly it, but you keep ending up in someone else's? ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to choose if you're gonna randomly end up in someone else's railjack, or your own?

Yeah...

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

The command intrinsic is there to help you with your dreams Tenno!

Seriously, the only way I can fly my own railjack is solo, or in premade party. It never used to be that way, but now it is.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

The command intrinsic is there to help you with your dreams Tenno!

Not if you want to run void storms. It's always better to crack relics in a group for those better odds of getting something useful out of them.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ionzu said:

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to choose if you're gonna randomly end up in someone else's railjack, or your own?

There is. It's called forming your own party.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why it became like this: 

Before: Everyone would use their own Railjack.

Result: There would rarely be more than 1 person in your node. But hey, its YOUR ship.

Now: If there's someone in the node you join THEM.

Result: You are in groups with people more often. But hey, its not YOUR ship... sometimes.

Honestly, the only way I could see this not triggering one side or the other has already passed. But the idea was: the ship had standard HP/Shields, your Aura Effected that. You had to, aside from Mods, bring your own Armament and the ship was unchaingeable.

Bbbutttt....

Result: You couldnt customize the ship.

I could put "buts" in every argument here simply because.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lower your ping limit, will limit how many squads you can join. You will still join squads but will make you host a lot more.

Edited by S0V3REiGN
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people rather use their own ship and complain that the only people that join them are people that never played Railjack before and mess up everything.

Thing is that matchmaking numbers define how matchmaking is done. If there's no one joining because everyone wants to use their own ship then you're better off playing solo. If we want more people to join then you can use other peoples ships.

My suggestion is as follows to make matchmaking queue with a preference. So you want to fly your own ship then you start a game with your own ship and open to other players. This needs an addition, because this means most people likely choose this option. The addition is that the game tells you how many people are actively looking to join without their own ship and set an expectation of how long you'll wait for a mission. You could for instance choose your own ship for a mission and then the game tells you you have to wait for around 15 minutes for people to join and then have the option to join other people.

I think this will create a more even distribution of players using their own ship and it gives you a bit of control. I think the end result is the same, but people don't like to randomly have their own ship or not. So this suggestion would a good alternative with the same result I'd say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can ensure you use your own RJ. Just set your party to public and host the node by starting the match like you would on the starmap. 

 

Alternatively, start your mission from inside your RJ. 

 

I've never been thrown into somone else's RJ when I start the match without joining another squad that I remember. It definitely won't happen if you pick the node inside your RJ because that ensures you are the level's host. And the game uses the RJ of the host. 

Edited by Balegrim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Not if you want to run void storms. It's always better to crack relics in a group for those better odds of getting something useful out of them.

Why would you run void storms for relic cracking purpose ? Not only is it obnoxiously long, it's painful on the eyes.

This reasoning is kinda moot considering regular fissures exist.

 

As to the main point.

I personally believe they have intentionally removed the option of hosting or joining (it existed in the past via dojo or navigation) so that players without a railjack can still enjoy it and make it feel like a "co op" experience. 

This has kinda worked and also kinda backfired , I will never join public matches if I have a possibility of connecting to some dude with weapons I dislike and a railjack that can't take a few hits. So I play solo ,  players have lost the advantage of using my ship which is top notch and a captain that is funny and welcoming for new players.

I am of course just an individual but it stands to reason that there are others like me. So the games co op scene is poorer for it.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balegrim said:

You can ensure you use your own RJ. Just set your party to public and host the node by starting the match like you would on the starmap.

Alternatively, start your mission from inside your RJ. 

Neither of these methods work anymore.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Before: Everyone would use their own Railjack.

Result: There would rarely be more than 1 person in your node. But hey, its YOUR ship.

Now: If there's someone in the node you join THEM.

Result: You are in groups with people more often. But hey, its not YOUR ship... sometimes.

Bit of a moot point, since now we can have NPC crew to fill in slots if you want to pilot and no one wants to crew. So even though we have a solution to "there would rarely be more than 1 person in your node" in the form of NPC crew to fill slots until others join, we're stuck with "but hey, its not YOUR ship... sometimes" where this "sometimes" is frustrating and entirely unnecessary.

The new system doesn't allow you to play the role you want to play. If you want to pilot, too bad. Better hope no one else has the same idea. Want to crew? Too bad. You might get dumped into a session as pilot even if you don't want to. It's a bad system for everyone involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Why would you run void storms for relic cracking purpose ? Not only is it obnoxiously long, it's painful on the eyes.

They tonned it down a lot after the last update/hotfix

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

They tonned it down a lot after the last update/hotfix

I did play , and I was confident enough to raise my particle intensity to 30 , I then played and then reduced it to 25. 

Itvis still significantly more obnoxious than the regular fissures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I did play , and I was confident enough to raise my particle intensity to 30 , I then played and then reduced it to 25. 

Itvis still significantly more obnoxious than the regular fissures.

Weird, I have the effects intensify on 100 and I didn't find them unpleasant at all. But maybe De needs to tonne them down harder.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's ludicrous, when you think about it.

The amount of work it takes, to install a dock in dojo alone, having to mess with all the 2 floors up shenanigans and all that, to the grind of the intrisics, needing duplicate version of weapons - then at the end of the day, it was all pointless anyway.

Oh yeah, I am totally buying a custom skin, when I fly public transport... not. You build a railjack... to not use it, what are you crazy. How dare you, with all the hard work the developers put in!!!1

I say it every single time, the problem of people not feeling attached to their railjack (it died last time), well, is this helping? lol...

Maybe if people can't even fly their railjack, they won't give 2 F's about it.

That, and making the railjack player hub instead of or in addition to the oribiter, are the 2 things at the top of my list for "seamless" gameplay, which is what they set out to do with railjacks. Though with player hub railjack, we are talking 4 years back in time. That's when that should have been obvious, but let's give it half a decade more till they realize.

Coding is hard, remember. Don't play or go make your own game then!!!11one

But sure yeah okay, I guess, flying over and then loading into a ground map, is totally going to make up for everything, right?

The new phrase is "seemingly seamless". The budget version.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can use my strategy to be the host.

Since DE changed the entire "bail squad so you can start your own", one way to make yourself the host is by changing the ping limit to the lowest you can get (100 or less) and then change regions.

I am from Europe but i often play in the NA region because the game, unable to find hosts with 100 ping, will place you in a squad where you're the host.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Neither of these methods work anymore.

I'll submit that's possible. But my ping is limit is 300 and every time I've started a railjack mission from inside my RJ I've never ended up aboard someone else in the last couple days.  So either I'm just blessed (and I was playing a good amount of RJ) or picking the node from your drydock inside your RJ still gives an excellent chance if not a guarantee of using your own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Balegrim said:

I'll submit that's possible. But my ping is limit is 300 and every time I've started a railjack mission from inside my RJ I've never ended up aboard someone else in the last couple days.  So either I'm just blessed (and I was playing a good amount of RJ) or picking the node from your drydock inside your RJ still gives an excellent chance if not a guarantee of using your own. 

There's no guarantee. As long as you are solo on your railjack when you start a mission, there's a chance you'll be put in someone else's squad and on their railjack.

I've been solo in a mission, completed it, started another mission, and ended up on another railjack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, schilds said:

There's no guarantee. As long as you are solo on your railjack when you start a mission, there's a chance you'll be put in someone else's squad and on their railjack.

I've been solo in a mission, completed it, started another mission, and ended up on another railjack.

Well that change is no fun. I guess I'm lucky I haven't been moved much, then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IIRC, starting the mission from inside your own dry-dock forces your railjack. Never tried one of the public dry-docks, so I can't say if it works there.

I think it's because you are technically already the host of a squad when you are in your Dojo, thus the 'squad' is preserved when you transition to railjack.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

IIRC, starting the mission from inside your own dry-dock forces your railjack. Never tried one of the public dry-docks, so I can't say if it works there.

My Drydock is definitely a guild-dock. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the most likely reason people are ending up on their own railjack at the moment is because fewer people are playing it.

I usually don't move to other railjacks these days either.

 

Though I guess it's possible that they've tweaked matchmaking again :P.

Edited by schilds
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...