Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Criticism on Volnus Prime

Hyperbole. 

I don't like the weapon and doubt VolnusP is going to change that opinion, but from what I recall of the original it worked well enough. 

I don't see VolnusP being ineffective. Gonna call sour grapes on this one. 

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Does it matter? it's just another brain dead melee weapon with no special abilities and no perks.

Not true. Its a signature weapon which when wielded by Gara gets 100% additional radial slam attack damage. How useful that is will depend on the player but it does have a perk.

I dont wanna comment cause I have yet to obtain it.

But the stats seem solid on paper and I have used hammers with crushing ruin stance before , it's pretty fun and effective in a crowd even if there arent any forced slash procs.

I am also not sure if "it can't even kill enemies in SP" is even a valid argument to make, or if it's even true for that matter. I have used worse hammers to clear steel path missions including base volnus.

It's like saying cars suck cause I couldn't fly em.

9 hours ago, Warrior-of-Warr said:

Not to be rude or anything but Volnus Prime sucks, it doesn't even do much damage and cant even kill SP enemies. I was hoping much more from the update and the prime version  but it feels like they released the weapon without testing it. 

If you haven't modded it right, even the most godly melees will suck. And if you're having trouble one-shotting SP enemies, you haven't modded it right.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

DE has said SP will never be a consideration for balance. So wether or not it can kill SP enemies is irrelevant. I’m sure with the proper build it has no problem killing star chart or sortie level enemies. 

That's already gone out the window. There's already tons of noise about "X doesn't do enough damage in steel path, it needs to be buffed" and DE is listening.

Archived