Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permabanned from just saying one word

x3Asmodeus

It was a disruption mission where we're suppose to prevent 4 nodes from being destroyed. The guy went to the extraction while in the middle of the last 2 nodes being completed, it was zone 9. He scold the team for being useless and said i was the hightest MR yet im trash. I was carrying the team with the other which looks like newbies. I got triggered. thats why i said it . After he extracted, he caused the host migration and we instantly lost 2 nodes and mission failed. WE WASTED 30mins or more because of that !!! We told him to just wait afew minutes so that we can quickly finish up the 2 demolishers. i said a rude word. This is my first offense in 8years and DE is not letting this go. I tried appealing politely but support does not tolerate my appeal. Man... people makes mistakes and noone is perfect. Why do we not get second chances?

Wait, I fail to see the issue here. So you're saying you broke the rules by saying a slur intended to demean and degrade others, and you got banned?

Sounds like the system is working exactly as it should be.

This is going to get locked anyway, isn't it? For what it's worth, I appreciate that rules are being enforced to keep players behavior in line, what I don't appreciate however are the people gleeful at your overzealous punishment.

It's quite obvious that, apart from enforcing good behaviour, the real motivation for some people is very much personal and petty.

OP, this isn't the place to talk about this, because you just created a thread that will flame for days until a mod decides to close it.

This is an issue that needs to be kept in support. 

I'd suggest asking to speak with another support member or if possible a superior.

One mistake does not make you a bad person, and there is no need to ban you permanently over a single mistake.

I hope this works out for you, but in future remember there are some people in Warframe with very thin skins.

Just now, x3Asmodeus said:

All im asking is for advice to get unbanned but i get criticism. Look at how useful u're. Whatever it is, looks like my warframe adventure ends here

Advice? Try Support but based on what you typed it's unlikely they'll unban maybe if it's your first time

Just now, x3Asmodeus said:

All im asking is for advice to get unbanned but i get criticism. Look at how useful u're. Whatever it is, looks like my warframe adventure ends here

A one time event should be a warning on appealing and not to do it again.

They (DE) have the logs so I guess they know all that happened.

DE, along with most companies, aren't in the business of tolerating any sort of slur, especially these days. it might seem like a harmless word, but give someone an inch by letting them say one slur, they can start saying more and taking a mile.

the best thing to do now is be an adult and accept responsibility, and choose your words more carefully in future.

It was an impulse and my emotions got ahead of me . Still, its not an excuse that i used a slur . Well if i managed to get unbanned, i would control my emotions and ignore these people.If i dont, i would just play another game 

I dont see you get unbanned, but uf that even happens, my best and only advice its to NEVER use chat again. Ever.

Im one of those bi persons that dont really gets how others can get that damn mad at an insult or any prejorative thing, but that doesnt prevent me from being banned too, so in order to prevent any accident from happening I just dont chat. Period.

No chat = 0% chance to break any rules, even by accident.

32 minutes ago, x3Asmodeus said:

Its not what you're doing really though. you're just venting.

If DE arnt going to listen to your appeal, then theres nothing anyone on the forumns can do to help you.

youve been playing for 8 years? then i think by now you know the deal, de are ultra hard case zealots about these things. i give you between 0-0.01% likelihood of reversing this ban. you will serve as a warning to others....which is exactly the intent.

4 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

I dont see you get unbanned, but uf that even happens, my best and only advice its to NEVER use chat again. Ever.

Im one of those bi persons that dont really gets how others can get that damn mad at an insult or any prejorative thing, but that doesnt prevent me from being banned too, so in order to prevent any accident from happening I just dont chat. Period.

Pretty much this. 

This is why I only play solo or with friends.

And now a question.

If someone slurred me (I'm a heterosexual guy) and I reported it would the offending player also be permabanned, even if it was their first offence?

Because if not, where's the justice in any of this?

Rules are there to be obeyed, but, they have to apply to everyone right?

Would anyone from support like to confirm or deny that?

10 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

This is the awful reallity nowadays here, wich sucks. I get they are a private company blabla bla, but policing people's chat even on private instances is just kinda scary, gives me full "big brother" vibes and I just restorteed to turn off every single chat instance and just asking/answering mission related stuff during missions.

The "zero tolerance policy" is just idiotic and promotes 2 extreme behaviors on users: People will try to break rules harder by "clever" ways and people to will avoid any social interaction due the fear on losing a hard earned very robust account. I wish "politics" were more about discussing rather than censoring, but this is the direction that the whole world is taking, sadly.

Ya know

this gets me thinking

When DE Permabans someone

and thus absorbs all their Platinum and items.

can that Platinum be put into a Mercy Pool, so that when people get scammed into selling Rivens and stuff and the buyer does a chargeback; the innocent people don't get into Negative Plat and forced to pay for the other guy's scam?

I know the reason DE does it like it is, is that they can't tolerate Platinum being in the System that is unpaid in real $money$. but seems to me they're only looking at their losses, not the gains they get from banning and deleting stuff from banned accounts. Balance it out.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I thought at least first time chat offenses were just a two week chat ban (unless particularly egregious).  Are they actually banning from the entire game now?  Did you actually get the message that you can't login until 2035?

No since the "zero tolerance policy", you can get permabanned for saying something that violates the eula

Archived