Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Notes have another home!

[DE]Rebecca

44 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

Thats nice, all you need now is a dark theme for the main website, and if its already exist the option to swap to it is not obvious.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is an option to change the theme between 'Language' and 'Contact Us'

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

I still want "Enemy AI and stats" feedback and bug sections.

Feedback sections are broader than the broadway. I might want to report a dysfunctional feature bugged since 2015 but the categories are cringe. We dont even have dedicated sections for item type. Such as frames, weapons, vehicles etc.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can now find all of our patch notes at http://www.warframe.com/updates. We made this decision for several reasons:

1. Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

1. It streamlines access to other news, announcements and account changes by placing you directly on the Warframe website.

You still need to fix problem number three: a lot (and I mean a LOT) of important information is missing from the actual game. Let's say Plague Star is going on right now, like right now. If a new player wants to play it, they should not have to go to forum posts from 2017 to learn how. Moving them off the forums to your main website is improving an inch in a problem a mile long

22 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You still need to fix problem number three: a lot (and I mean a LOT) of important information is missing from the actual game. Let's say Plague Star is going on right now, like right now. If a new player wants to play it, they should not have to go to forum posts from 2017 to learn how. Moving them off the forums to your main website is improving an inch in a problem a mile long

The Codex could be a good place to add Plague Star to, as far as mission types go.

I remember suggesting about adding parts of the Railjack to the Codex as well (Prior to Update 30 & Corpus Railjack stuff). I thought that could be a way for people to get the gist of where to find things in your Railjack, how to use the Omni tool, etc.; I think the various steps of Plague Star displayed that way would help a lot of people understand it rather quickly, provided that enough of the important details are there. The tool tips could be included for more information as well.

• (That reminds me, for Companion and K-Drive look links, the only thing Tool tips mention is that Look links do not apply Sigils, but it's not even relevant for them, as your pets can't use Sigils, and K-Drives can't even equip Emblems to display, let alone Sigils)

It's some food for thought.

Good step, but a few things:

• Update notes should be sorted with newest at the top.
    • Bonus points if it's set up to allow a "sort mode" that gets saved as a cookie.
  • Main website should have a dark theme.
  • Fix your Captcha System.
    • Even on getting a green check on Google's Recaptcha, the website can mark it as a failed with a website-specific popup stating so.
    • Replace Google's Recaptcha; it is one of the worst Captcha systems. Look into hCaptcha.
  • Migrate the wiki to your own platform.
    • MediaWiki is free and things can be ported over easily.
    • Fandom/Wikia is awful and has only gotten worse as time goes on.

6 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

Thats nice, all you need now is a dark theme for the main website, and if its already exist the option to swap to it is not obvious.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the forum screen (any screen), at the bottom under the twitter icon you will see a drop down box with "theme" on it.

There is a dark theme in that box.

EDIT: Apologies. My brain completely omitted "main website" from your post. Ignore ^^ 

Maybe add a big "Current Hotfix" button? The ability to easily navigate past updates is great, but I feel like the main use case is gonna be people looking for the current patch notes. As it stands, you have to scroll down to the subsection under the main header and find current update the update in the list. Which is, yes, not super demanding, but it's at least three seconds longer than I want to spend checking the latest patch notes.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  1. Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

Can you imagine if your forum hosting glitched, and we all had to go back to using the skill tree?

4b5gw4xxgpt21.png

hace 11 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Tenno, as we continue to update our web presence, we are adding a new category to our main site: Update Notes! 

For 8 years our Update Notes have existed exclusively on our forums, which require a certain familiarity with online communities to navigate. Today we are launching a new page on our website in the hopes of making it easier for you to find all of the changes and patches we add to the game.

You can now find all of our patch notes at http://www.warframe.com/updates. We made this decision for several reasons:

1. It streamlines access to other news, announcements and account changes by placing you directly on the Warframe website.

Does this mean the forums are going away?

No! In fact, we aren’t even replacing our forum Patch Notes section. You can still use the forums to discuss updates, changes that you would like to see or to engage with fellow Tenno. In fact, at the end of every patch note, you will find a handy link to allow you to discuss it in the forums.

We hope you enjoy this change and as always invite you to share any feedback with us.

Sounds to me you want 0 fires on the update notes more than preserving text...(that btw you could do as a backup offsite)

I sure hope this is not because the upcoming dev workshop about melee nerf is so bad you want a preventive strike of censorship just in case >,<

If this means updates will stop being posted to the forums please make an RSS feed for the updates.

The forums have built-in RSS functionality, allowing me to easily post updates to my Discord server. It would be a travesty to lose that functionality 😰

Now this is good. If only you would involve a link in the update history as well to make it easy. It would help a lot. Plus, when we look up the update history it's just the Update Name you gave it instead of what is fixed and/or added via link. Link would be nice for that so we can go "Oh look, an update for <insert update name> with link... Lets type the link in and see what is fixed/added." instead of "Oh an update for <insert update name>... guess I have to go to the forums and search about thirty minutes to find what they added/fixed... Links would be nice..."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived