Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

warframe rivens would at least be better because you could get one for every frame you cared about and get stats you care about,
imagine getting 1000 armor on hildryn XD, a lot of frames have buffs that would be completely useless or even detrimental. eg getting efficiency on a frame you rely on brief respite to survive with. or strength for nova, say goodbye to speedva for the week if you want to benefity from the other buff/use that buff on another build.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

might be an interesting choice on Hildryn, but beyond that, I doubt it will be powerful enoguh to be worth the slot on other frames.

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

I can't really think of that many places where this would be needed, since most status effects on us are usually quite short lived and resisted by tanking, or simply avoiding the hazard altogether (a lot of things that burn/electrocute us are things you can just destroy or move around, like Flaming Pipes, Door Lasers etc.

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

probably not gonna be that useful to a Zenurik user like me who already generates tons of energy for the whole squad. it might however be useful on some caster fraems with big energy pools and no healing, like Nova, if you use a different Focus. 

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

inb4 this and revised Condition Overload becomes the Meta.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

something like this IMO should a be utility gear item, not something that takes up a whole power slot. who is gonna be so desperate to find collectibles they would remove a power from their frame? I would think given the grind you need to do to get Helminth, make duplicates of frames to subsume and rank him up, people would already have found the majority of fragments along the way. plus you know, YouTube is a thing. 

Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

oh good, more Conservation..... yaaaaayyyy....... I'm positively foaming at the mouth in despair excitement..

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

jesus..... nice as I'm sure those buffs are to have, I see this being a problem:

6 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Instead of pushing us to play Warframes we don't like, players will instead demand +200% power strength buffs for certain activities.

Farming Harrow? Better have a 300% Power Strength +200% Helminth Power Strength Wisp on you or you're not invited!

people already ask for specific MR ranks and Tricap Experience in Recruit chat as it is, so you know Meta squads desperate for fast runs will only allow people who have the right buffs on the right frame. plus we already have a TON of RNG in the game as it is. these basically sound like Warframe Rivens that you don't even get to keep.

don't get me wrong, I love power, but this... this seems too much. I hope you 180 on this DE.

43 minutes ago, Notsae said:

Invigorations are a terrible idea. Not only will this not encourage people to use frames they don't like (and trying to make them do so is a terrible idea in and of itself) it will absolutely shatter any sense of balance or fairness that apparently people want. 

100% this. The same thing happened with Rivens, if I can remember DE’s intention towards the Riven system was to make the weaker & non used weapons better so that it could be used more within the player base so that there is more of a variety of choice. Yeah, that didn’t happen. Players started putting Rivens on the already powerful weapons & pretty much strictly ran only with that from then on. Same thing likely will happen again if DE doesn’t take a step back and genuinely listen to the feedback.

If DE wants us to use other frames then you buff the other frames to make them up to par with the others instead of adding a bandaid system into the game to do that, otherwise it will just be another Riven system in another form, which is not good.

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

No. No it would not.

The last thing we need is to give a constant Helminth buff to Saryn, Mesa, or any other nuke frame. It's bad enough they can have an entire week to be more broken than they already are at random with this new system.

Have you considered with feedback we can try make this system not even see the daylight?

This would be the best thing to happen actually

1 hour ago, RivaAurelius said:

It doesn't even compete. It's not even in the same ballpark. 

yeah i agree, the only one i'd consider using is the one that makes finding scans/kuria easier just because i havnt gotten around to that yet but im almost complete so its not much help anyway.

the only one i see being 'useful' is the one that applies copies of status procs but only rly for lavos. 

tho if we could use 2 helminth specific abilities that combined with the ability that expects status procs and deals all their remaining damage would be fun with that, but we cant infuse 2 abilities soooooooo thats out of the realm of possible builds :/

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

might be an interesting choice on Hildryn, but beyond that, I doubt it will be powerful enoguh to be worth the slot on other frames.

she gives nothing about armor just with how pillage works. and even less of a nothing when you consider than adaptaion makes shields have 92.5% DR while health only has 67.5%

45 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

lol at people talking about clan leaderboards and super elite recruit chat requirements. 

What game are you guys playing???

They're just in a world of their own, PvE warriors, so deep inside their echochamber that they probably don't even conceive that the vast majority of the playerbase don't care about those things.

1 hour ago, -MG-CephalonCinnamon said:

tho if we could use 2 helminth specific abilities that combined with the ability that expects status procs and deals all their remaining damage would be fun with that, but we cant infuse 2 abilities soooooooo thats out of the realm of possible builds :/

Idea:

Put subsumes into 2 categories, Helminth specific, and frame specific.

The only way -some- of the existing, and suggested helminth abilities will see nearly 0.5% subsume usage, is by allowing us to add one subsume from either category onto a single frame loadout.

For instance:

Empower from the helminth personal category, + any warframe ability cause that will be what most ppl would add.

This is imo one of the few ways to make 'ded' frames see more use outside of reworks. 

3 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

New Helminth abilities: Interesting!

Invigorations: I hate it! Want to make it interesting? Allow players one slot on invigorations that they can 'lock' in, and that buff doesn't change week to week until the player decides to unlock it. 

i like this idea but to help keep variety and avoid burn out, you could unlock extra slots by ranking helminth up like subsume slots (or buy them with plat, yes de profits, like with riven slots XD)(that bit in the prev brackets is more of a joke but you get my point).

but i would much rather if you could pick them each week and avoid being cucked over by rng with how picky people are in recruiting chat

2 hours ago, (PSN)TrollyThyTrinity said:

In short invigorations are basically Arbitration buff you can take outside Arbitration’s  temp buffs on top of permanent is not a bad concept. 

you all have the real disconnect you had years to tell them what you want and make it reasonable and you haven’t don’t it still so DE is doing what’s best.

because you been stagnant by keep a stance that doesn’t help the game at all 

This powercreep rng came out of nowhere and seems very clear the majority doesn't support this new system at all.

56 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Not at all, actually is DE who ignored 90% of posts and suggestions you may find in all the forums!

This powercreep rng came out of nowhere and seems very clear the majority doesn't support this new system at all.

yup, just imagine the toxcisity that will be ESO leaderboards. your team got No.1 and next morning you are at the bottom of the page because someone was 'skilled' enough to get 200% str on nidus and their friend got 200% str on one of the 2 usable kill frames when you are going for no.1 (not saryn by the way)
XD

I was expecting that the helminth expansion would be a weapon helminth system where we can infuse our guns with passives resembling those os legendary effects in other games (eg BL2/3 or destiny)

which if you are reading this DE, would be a MUUUCH better way of making guns relevant. as these types of effects can make gun play VERY fun, and open the possibility of making guns powerful enough (not in terms of damage, but kill rate) to compete with melee in terms of meta.

Please consider this. i know it wont be easy to implement, but it would be an incredably fun way to improve gun play.

Just now, -MG-CephalonCinnamon said:

yup, just imagine the toxcisity that will be ESO leaderboards. your team got No.1 and next morning you are at the bottom of the page because someone was 'skilled' enough to get 200% str on nidus and their friend got 200% str on one of the 2 usable kill frames when you are going for no.1 (not saryn by the way)

Can't have fair competition with rng, simple as. Especially when it will provide such significant, and therefore unfair buffs

1 minute ago, (PSN)RWalls91 said:

Can't have fair competition with rng, simple as. Especially when it will provide such significant, and therefore unfair buffs

yeah ESO has been the only 'fair' competition in the game, all the competitive events decide the top 500 based on map rng. in the last event i was in the top 100 and got pushed down to 120 because people in quazzars got better map rng (and after the end of the event when someone who ran with their clan told us their strat, it turned out that we had a more effective one but just didnt get lucky :) )

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable at all. What you're saying here is that we've done ourselves a disservice by putting in time and effort to subsume frames - many of whose abilities we likely have not used. You are punishing us for having engaged the system enough to complete it prior to additional ranks.

This is a classic out of DE's playbook. Not surprised. Early adopter punishment should compete with "ninja's play free" slogan.

12 minutes ago, Bot_Kmykzy_004 said:

They're just in a world of their own, PvE warriors, so deep inside their echochamber that they probably don't even conceive that the vast majority of the playerbase don't care about those things.

you are right that most players dont care, but whoever *@##$es the loudest is percieved to be the "majority" in a sence. just look at a lot of the real world political and social drama that has happened in the last 2 years.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

This is the only thing on the list that I am considering using, but is not needed.

Very disappointed.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

This is a classic out of DE's playbook. Not surprised.

It's worse than most instances. Most of the time we merely didn't get advance credit for previous time investments but were only put on the same footing as those who came after us.

Because subsuming counts for so much and is an exhaustible resource, that's not the case here, people who didn't bother spend less from this point than we must in order to attain the new levels.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is a classic out of DE's playbook. Not surprised. Early adopter punishment should compete with "ninja's play free" slogan.

That's not even the thing we should complain about tbf

I don't have anything profound to say, but I want to throw my two cents in with what everyone else is saying, and hope that enough cents pile up to make Digital Extremes realize that Invigorations are a terrible idea.
Sure, I'd love to have even more powerful Warframes... but this isn't progression, this isn't a refreshing buff to "bad" frames, this is possibly the least meaningful and most likely to unbalance the game way to implement a buff to Frames.

13 minutes ago, -MG-CephalonCinnamon said:

XD

My first comment about this: I will glady have a system like that or no system at all.

If DE wants people use specific frames, they can just rework them like they kept doing!

EDIT: your nickname also sounded familiar to me lol

Archived