Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

While these additions are good imo the helminth system is the worst thing to be made as the same for steel path, reason being is coz it will exacerbate the damage meta which will lead to DE nerfing things coz ppl keep talking about it.

Examples or nerfs due to this?

Spoiler

Xoris 

Trinity

Melee (which idc about)

Khora

Mark 4 D

Rhino`s 3, valkyr`s 2 and mirage`s 3

Kuva bramma

Kuva nukor

Plus ppl will get upset if DE removes an ability from a warframe example, imo Gara`s 3 should be removed and replaced (since it`s bad on her) but that ability is good on other frames. 

People also say if an ability can kill steel path enemies then it`s bad but you can`t say that a lvl 100 bombard is completely different from a lvl 100 SP bombard

For steel path I would have rather an in-game simulacrum where you can pick the enemy lvl of any mission and game-type instead of just tanky enemies (which is boring to me) and I like difficulty where you have to think before you can coz of enemy AI.

And I would have rather the ability to swap warframe passives (give Ash`s passive to equinox) that would be fun and won`t brake the game imo.

Helminth can be fun but if the future it will cause more problems as for steel path I don`t like it and is just a lazy challenge mode.

hace 3 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

Lavos's laugh :P

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

Heal yourself... and only yourself? Allies still got energy but no health? Interesting, a Renewal that gives energy for companions instead of healing. Hope that it allows to do that even after a complete healing even :)

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

Okay, this one do is way too good :D

The invigoration system sounds good. A weekly arbitration like bonus for Warframes could make people use some of them. Good idea :D

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

"INVIGORATIONS"

Are pretty horrible.

Instead of pushing us to play Warframes we don't like, players will instead demand +200% power strength buffs for certain activities.

Farming Harrow? Better have a 300% Power Strength +200% Helminth Power Strength Wisp on you or you're not invited!

We will also have to really carefully use our 10+ buff of choice for events, if you use it on the wrong Warframe, you will be at a severe disadvantage to make it big on the leaderboards.

This system just leads to severe power creep or player exclusion you can't fix by farming the right gear, I don't think it should be added at all.

I personally don't think you can blame the devs for players demanding certain things for squads. I find it somewhat pointless since most of the time the game isn't hard enough to need all that (i'll stop before i just rant for ages).

About events, a simple answer is just don't apply these buffs to events with leaderboards. This change is not primarily to make frames stronger it's to encourage the use of different frames, we should all remember that. I think it's a great idea and i look forward to it.

Please do not release invigoration in the current in the current state or at all otherwise this is the end of warframe modding.

Why every new feature needs to have a rng behind it?

Why 200% power strenght/effiency? What will be the point of blind rage/transient fortitude that involve boosting a stat by reducing another when i can just throw all the standard mods and then visit the chair with all the frames until i get what i want?

I might be really dumb but that basically means that modding an warframe is RNG now? If yes…welcome to warframe the mobile rng machine…what’s next 50pl to skip to reroll the favorites?

Really hate the idea of the Invigoration system. Appreciate the push to try get people to try warframes they aren’t use to using, but it’s just incredibly lazy and short sighted. If you want people to use Banshee you should probably just rework Banshee so she’s fun. Don’t try to cut corners on out-dated warframes that aren’t fun to play.  Having a random weekly draw only screws with player balance. Random power buffs have never been fun or engaging. Player power should never be random. Please don’t implement the Invigoration system. 

I got 2 requests for consideration as a form of feedback.

1. Make Default Helminth Segment obtainable with Entrati Rank instead of Mastery Rank. If you have to tie quest completion to it, so be it.
2. Helminth Augment Mods WHEN!?!? It has the potential to bring some of the less subsumed helminth powers some life. You can even have them offered by the Entrati instead of the traditional syndicates.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

1) So a lesser Spellbind?

2) The fact that you excempt Bleed and Toxin shows the need for another damagetype overhaul, imo. Bypassing defenses entirely is just not healthy.

3) Honestly, this could've just been added to Perspicacity.

Also, what about Helminth XP? Many of us have sacrificed all Warframes already, so I sure hope it's retroactive!

After giving it some thought, I'm going to give another take on Invigorations for their stated purpose:

They can prevent you from using off-meta frames more than they encourage.

If you happen to be inclined to hit the Loadout Randomiser once in a while, or just manually throw on something different to your comfortable 'main', now you're being even more absurdly incentivised to make that decision exactly one off-meta frame per week instead of pulling from your entire Arsenal of lesser-used options. If you're going to use something out of the ordinary, it'll be the one that you got free buffs on, not the 40 others you could have picked from more equally.

If the randomness of Invigorations are global (as in, one weekly set of buffs for three frames that becomes available to all players equally), it might work. But then getting a "choice" after 10 days will definitely skew LFGs. Maybe instead of a choice in the matter, probably just grant it to the frame that is currently having their Prime Access / Vault available.

Live reaction as reading ... Lets go ... hope it's better than the nuke you droped on melee

- Adding 5 more Ranks and 5 new ‘Helminth’ Abilities.
- Adding a new system: INVIGORATIONS!

What happens to the lost experience we didn't get coz we had a cap before? I sacrificed a few wfs after the cap already....

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

... so instead of arcane guardian we infuse this ? 

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

This is a tier 12 ??????

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

Actualy ... pretty good one depending on the numbers probably will see decent use.

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

Only usefull if we had somthing that was such a sponge for the damage and procs ... gl geting over the 5% usage little ability! 

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

OwO this one will probably see the least usage of all , but i finde it interesting !  Also ... max rank for this? >,< com on guys .... it's interesting but hardly worth the ammout of resource sink....

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Please god don't make me hunt red animals in red grass again ...

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Tx god ! i won't have to hunt down red animals ! ... This affinity system is pure rng and you can't control it , if it's the frame i mostly use i'll interact with it if no it won't see any usage. <--- Don't you see the 3 out of 46 warframes being low % of hiting the ones you mostly play? I don't see anything that says the ones you most use will have higer % ... This will result in somthing obscure that might be used from time to time.

hace 4 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

For every 2 months of interacting with the system you can chose 1 waframe... And stil 0 info on the cost to get this blessing...

hace 4 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno! 

Honestly i expected 50k starting price or even 75k ..

This "expansion" is lacking tbh , for it to be a 2-3 month radio silence it's realy realy low effort. Only thing interesting is that treasure finding wisp but seriosly not making up for the nuke on melee

So...the abilities range from good to uninteresting.  That's...well, it could be worse.

Now the invigorations thing is really backwards.  Let's do the math here, so that you can understand my hesitation. 

3 different buff types, 46 frames, 32 primes (31 realistically), 1 umbra frame, and weekly refresh.  Let' assume that the different buff types only have 3 permutations each....which means that on any given week, assuming that prime and non-prime frames get the buff, you have 3*3*3 or 27 potential buff combinations.  You then have 46*45*44 frame choices, or 91080 different frame groups.  Remember that this is dependent upon the buffs...so today you've got 2459160 potential frame-buff possible combinations.  Oh joy.

So...how many of those permutations matter?  I'm asking because giving something like a Trinity a huge offensive buff is pointless.  You know what, let's not even go there.

Now, it's time for the "balance" mechanic.  Assuming that you have paid to have every single frame, every 11th infusion can be controlled.  To what extent?  Do I have three weeks of nothing, and on the fourth week I can choose to assign the defensive ability to Gara?  Do I have 9, and get a list of my next 3, then after infusing one I can choose a frame for either of the remaining two buffs?  Heck, that's only round one.  We'll eventually have 8 infusions in the tank, and a week where I can get the 11th...if I can infuse the two I don't want it's not really even a choice about the one remaining type of buff.

All of this is...made even more infuriating because these bonuses are meant not even as the "carrot" that the degraded MR 30 buffs offer. They're actually the stick of forcing people to either use what they choose not to use, or otherwise force players to conform to what DE wants, because such a buff makes it silly to use other things.  So....how has that arbitration bonus you offer, that does exactly the same, been going?  Based on this it must have been effective, but I can tell you that I've never been able to care.  Going into a survival arbitration armed with the Scourge and a Harrow because of a minor buff is idiotic, because Nekros exists.  Oh, but now the bonus is maybe a bit bigger and it's an entire week without mission restriction.

I don't think you guys have planned this out.  This blatantly seems like an engagement time driver, by introducing the ability to do missions less effectively.  That is to say you want us to use frames with this buff, because for virtually every mission that isn't high level a doubling of any stat will allow you to brute force it.  Joy, the false choice of feeling power versus demonstrating power by efficient completion of objectives.  You do think low of your players...or you don't have a goal here.  Which is it?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Am i the only one who cant watch the video, cause out of a sudden youtube wants your passport id to watch "Age restricted" content... wtf is going on. Can you pls share that video on website or somewhere else...

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

I honestly think that this only leads to more elitism in squads. "Oh you don't have a 300% Str invigoration on your Volt? No I won't let you join this tridolon" and other nonsense will start happening.

What I think would be a better option would be to have it so that you get 1 choice of invigoration on a frame per week, but have the buffs scale with how used the frame is. Like how Rivens currently work. And make it so that you cannot get buffs that increase the core ability stats of a warframe, except Efficiency and Duration to not lead to absolutely broken abilities. Because if a Nidus that can already reach 989% strength gets a 300% strength buff. That means he can easily reach 1500% by himself. 

What I think the possible invigorations should be are:

50% - 100% Chance to ignore a status
+10% - +50% Health and shields
+300 - +1000 Armour
+20% - +50% Ability Duration
+5% - +30% Ability Efficiency
+50% Affinity gain (Should not affect focus gains). Hard capped at that, should encourage people to want to forma or level that frame
+5% - +30% extra resource drop chance. Stacks additively to boosters and blessings.
+5% - 25% Flat damage reduction

As always. Thank you for the new content and changes!

Invigorations sounds like an awful idea. I understand your intentions behind it, you probably want us to diversify what frames we use which is fine in of itself, but this is not the way to it. What you’re purposing is essentially just RNG powercreep in basically another form of Rivens which is not a good thing to have. I seriously hope you guys do reconsider this and don’t add it into the game honestly.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Adding 5 more Ranks and 5 new ‘Helminth’ Abilities

I really hope people who are already on rank 10 don't have to start again from rank 10. Because speaking on behalf of old players, even after it was rank 10 we've already fed multiple warframes to the helminth with no xp gained since we were alr at max rank, the xp we could have got should be added I recon. 

Archived