Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Ah, no, stuff like Dread will still have red crits, too bad its a useless weapon because it doesn't matter against 300 enemies at once, which is what the game throws at us.

oh it deals with them just fine, just don't tell people I told you

Can we remove sentinels all together now? The only usefull one was helios+deconstructor to buff meles; with that removed, the entire class of sentinels is burried. 

When are you, DE, nerfing smeeta and vulpaphyla, the other 2 companions that are usefull and not only MR fodder?

DE bandaids never fail to be hilarious.

A: So we want to make set bonuses no longer work when equipped on Sentinels, any ideas?

B: What do you mean, we just program it so the setbonus only activates when equipped on the players...

C: Yeah, we make them unequippable. Problem solved, I only need 2 minutes, then I'll be back to playing Hearthstone.

A: Brilliant as usual, C! I think you deserve another raise.

making more things useless nice, when you gonna get this trough your thick skull DE people don´t use useless stuff  just because you made it, but but it took us one year of modeling and texturing and you have to use it even if we have to nerf all the good ones LOL . What´s your goal DE? that we just equip whatever because there is no real benefit on using something specific? Anyway  DE I hope  your ready for tennocon chat this year

26 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Pretty sure it was 130 (or was it 135) hits that were required to get current Venka prime performance due to changes in how multipliers are calculated, much like how most melee performed better after 45 hits/2.5x in old melee than they do currently at 12x despite DE describing it as averaging performance to 3x combo counter (tho that also has to do with how much melee was/wasnt buffed baseline; especially when comparing to their old vs new dps for appropriate modifiers instead of the semi-arbitrary values chosen thus realize how that squishing made tiny stat differences cause a problem in proportional overbuffing like with Gram Prime ).

I no longer remember the exact values myself, but the difference in upkeep due to combo counter duration was a bigger balancing mechanism. It became more sustained and easier to pull with the 2.9 melee revision. Duration was no longer a concern, so those mods were replaced with more damage buffers as well.

I honestly don't care considering i didn't really use deconstructor (or any sentinel ) that often.

I am however curious , since you are finally patching this "oversight" that was for one specific weapon exclusive to one (2 with prime?) sentinel ,

will you also be looking at similar mods on ranged sentinel weapons that provide benefits to the primary or secondary weapon?

Will you also be looking at stat stick interactions with other frame abilities as well? or those oversights will continue to stay oversighted?

Not being sarcastic , just genuinely curious.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

People who think that this interaction was intended, are out of their mind 🤗 

Ty for the changes

It's not that it is unintended that makes people mad for the fix, more so the amount of functionality they are losing. This is one of the few things that gave exulted melees scaling with combos after all.

5 minutes ago, Deoxystp said:

It's not that it is unintended that makes people mad for the fix, more so the amount of functionality they are losing. This is one of the few things that gave exulted melees scaling with combos after all.

That for sure contribute to it, but there is also the fact that we are at 24h ish from the patch and this drop...

Sentinel Weapon Set Mod Bonus Changes

Sentinel Weaponry will no longer grants set bonuses (e.g. Vigilante Mods) in the upcoming update. something something ‘invisible gear hopping’ something something oversight.

There you go.

29 minutes ago, Kushala_Doara said:

the forum date shows the date they joined the warframe forums. iv played for 3 years and i joined recently. and if he thinks its unhealthy so be it and if you dont like the changes you have all the right to be pissed. i get both of you. dont go too hard on both accusing him and the english.

Fair enough. Removed references to join date. The argument remains the same.

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

People who think that this interaction was intended, are out of their mind 🤗 

Ty for the changes

So rivens working on stat sticks for warframe abilities is intended or? Imagine thanking DE for making their  game worse 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly

Dropping this 1 day before the update is really unfair and doesn't show the transparency that Rebecca talked about, plus they're more important issues to address like, stat sticks, khora, Octavia, and more...

2 hours ago, JeffreyClover said:

Finally! People now will stop abusing of gladiator mods in sentinels. 

Good fix. 

How was using the mods for their intended purpose abusing lol

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno,

The Sisters of Parvos update will bring three new Modular Hound Companions, each with a unique Melee weapon. While reviewing these Companion Weapons, we noticed the Helios-old problem that there’s a lot of Melee Mods that you can equip, but don’t really function on companion Melee. There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

These are mostly Mods that deal with combos or heavy attacks, since Companions do not have these features as well as other certain outliers. As a result the following Mods will be incompatible with the upcoming three Hound weapons and retroactively will no longer work with the Deconstructor and Deconstructor Prime:

• Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Corrupt Charge
  • Enduring Strike
  • Body Count
  • Blood Rush
  • Dispatch Overdrive
  • Drifting Contact
  • Energy Channel
  • Finishing Touch
  • Focus Energy
  • Focused Defense
  • Guardian Derision
  • Killing Blow
  • Life Strike
  • Maiming Strike
  • Parry
  • Quickening
  • Reflex Coil
  • Relentless Combination
  • Seismic Wave
  • True Punishment
  • Weeping Wounds

• Gladiator Might
  • Gladiator Rush
  • Gladiator Vice
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax
  • Motus Impact
  • Proton Snap
  • Tek Gravity
  • Strain Infection

My god... *blink blink* a nerf that makes actual sense?  End-times Tenno, end times.No Way What GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition
🤣
Kidding aside; disabling these mods since they have no effect on the sentinels makes absolute sense.  THIS is the only nerf coming up with Sisters of Parvos that I actually agree with.

The ONLY one mind you, but yeah.

Regardless of the mean spirited and utterly boneheaded nerfing of TENNO Melee coming up  I'm looking forwards to the rest of Sister of Parvos update.  Especially  Yarelli 😍🥰💖

Can not wait to get our surfer-scout 'frame hanin'-ten on Boxhead and G'neer helmets.👍  

~Stay safe.
Keep the faith.
...  and as always; keep your skanna sharp, Tenno.

Just now, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Dropping this 1 day before the update is really unfair and doesn't show the transparency that Rebecca talked about, plus they're more important issues to address like, stat sticks, khora, Octavia, and more...

When you mention khora and octavia what do you mean? I really hope you aren't implying either need nerfing, because they already took khora out back and beat her with doorknobs ....

1 minute ago, spudster888. said:

When you mention khora and octavia what do you mean? I really hope you aren't implying either need nerfing, because they already took khora out back and beat her with doorknobs ....

Yup ,they need a huge nerf aswell , please DE 

Just now, spudster888. said:

Stat sticks, red crits, millions of damage,spamming abilities sometimes not even using weapons... What do I mean?

Holy crap. I was genuinely not expecting DE to ever address Deconstructor stat sticks, but I am genuinely impressed that yall are actually doing so.

It's going to suck for numerous players (e.g. myself) who abused the crap out of this mechanic/oversight, but melee weapons are still going to be absurdly powerful overall. Fixing stuff like this is important to the longevity of the game, and will be well worth it down the line.

Thank you DE!

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, it's a bit weird that only melee companion weapons are receiving this fix. I get that melee will still be absurdly powerful compared to guns, but I think it would be good to fix the equivalent set mods on ranged companion weapons as well. (While this will obviously be a straight nerf to guns, it'll be easier to balance them properly in the future when there are fewer exploits that need to be accounted for.)

Similarly, I'd love to see a fix to stat sticks for Warframe abilities (e.g. high-disposition melee weapons with powerful Rivens for Khora's Whipclaw). Warframe abilities should have their own set of mods, and should not take on stats from the user's melee weapons.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Stat sticks, red crits, millions of damage,spamming abilities sometimes not even using weapons... What do I mean?

So yeah things that don't need changes ..... Imagine wanting  them to change and ruin some of the best things about the game 

1 minute ago, spudster888. said:

So yeah things that don't need changes ..... Imagine wanting  them to change and ruin some of the best things about the game 

They will have to if they want to get the game to a spot in which they can start considering adding end-game content that won't be cheesed and invalidated after 10 minutes. There is no way around it as long as we have our current absurd power levels.

Archived