Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor Melee Modding Changes (Sisters of Parvos)

[DE]Rebecca

vor 37 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

As usual rivens applying to khora, atlas and gara goes unadressed because that's where the money is, right? :)))

2 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Does this mean that it will be impossible to equip them on the companion (hard block with red flickering warning when trying in arsenal segment) or will unaware players still be able to equip them with no benefit?

means the mod will not even be visible for modding that weapon
same as say serration is not visible when modding a melee as it is a rifle mod
or split flights is not visible when modding a lenz or bramma despite them being bows
and might i remind you that the non aoe bows note on spilt flights was added after baro arrived with it

Just now, Drachnyn said:

As usual rivens applying to khora, atlas and gara goes unadressed because that's where the money is, right? :)))

de makes nothing from the player trading of rivens
sure it might cause some people to buy new plat to buy the mods but that is far from certain and typically the stat stick rivens are reasonably cheap as they are for low disposition weapons to have a stronger effect

Just now, .durandle. said:

sure it might cause some people to buy new plat to buy the mods but that is far from certain and typically the stat stick rivens are reasonably cheap as they are for low disposition weapons to have a stronger effect

Then I want an official statement on the issue, which they've dodged repeatedly. I remind people of the Xoris.

Just now, roman- said:

Then I want an official statement on the issue, which they've dodged repeatedly. I remind people of the Xoris.

I hope they remove Riven scaling and in turn and let you mod those abilities separately. I'd be happy to pay a forma tax if it meant building Shattered Lash and Whipclaw without making my melee unusable for actual melee use.

13 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

so future of statsticks looks grim

As they should. The entire premise of dedicating a weapon, its build, and sometimes its Riven disposition in your loadout to feed an unrelated ability is tremendously unhealthy for the game.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Carnis Mandible
  • Jugulus Barbs
  • Saxum Thorax

These mods being removed from deconstructor I have a problem with, they are the only dual ips and status mods so you are removing an entire section of modding options from deconstrutor as a consequence of them also being set mods.  Can we get non set mods to replace them please?

6 minutes ago, .durandle. said:

Try looking at Amphis rivens with good statstick rolls. 1k+ at the busiest times.

Sure, a riven that's good for general use is dirt cheap, but not the ones with the stats the statsticks look for.

...rude. Instead or giving us incentive to grind for the new hounds, you don't, and also nerf an older sentinel and melee weapons even more. So when people switch to vulpaphylas and smeeta kavats, how long until you nerf those too? Or does Shy need to make a video about them first?

Thank you for the heads-up on the changes! 

Two Things that I hope will be addressed and/or fixed:  

1. Spawning into dojo's still forcing players into the railjack as opposed to the "spawn room". 

2. Still no fix to using Stance Forma AND Umbral Forma on the Dark Split-Sword. 

This to me is just an excuse to remove gladiator set ability l from sentinels/companions while I am completely fine with that, I don't like how it's being done mods like quickening and gladiator vice/might and carnis/saxium etc ones who would still have an effect on the sentinel melee should stay unlike mods that completely does nothing like combo duration mods etc and well if this is being done to melee weapons what about primary, a lot of people use vigilant set and in the vigilant set they have a mod that has no effect on the sentinel being vigilant supplies 

For the love of god, please stop nerfing things to the ground... 

There's a reason why players give feedback to these sort of things during the proper testing on the PTS and not on a day before live release

Oof. It's probably the right decision.

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There’s also some ‘invisible gear hopping’ where if you put Mods on your Deconstructor (or Prime), the carry over to your Melee which is a many-year-old oversight we’ve lived with, but are approaching changes more thoroughly with this Update and as a result we’re patching up this behaviour. 

So you know that this also happens for all other Sentinel weapons, too? All sets, not just Gladiator, have always done this. Unless you're taking a full, proper look at this system we're all going to throw Deconstructor in the trash and just stack Vigilante and others. Are you actually addressing the interactions of sets on companion weapons, or just preventing people from using Gladiator mods on Helios?

My only real issue with this is that Exalted Melee weapons have needed the mod carry over to compete with regular melee weapons, and for many people it already was not worth it. Having additional melee companions could have reduced the issue but now they just need to get looked at in general.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

As they should. The entire premise of dedicating a weapon, its build, and sometimes its Riven disposition in your loadout to feed an unrelated ability is tremendously unhealthy for the game.

I mostly agree, and also have zero faith that DE can fix it properly.

ETA: I've put my thoughts on how they can do it the right way here:

Archived