Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let the playable New War characters be a one-time thing.

Deminisis

I was thinking maybe once we unlock those NPC, we can put them on our ship and select them for regular missions. In someway they are just similar to a WF but with different abilities.

Perhaps we will realize we are not actually controlling the tenno kids, but someone else behind the screen is controlling everything.

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't want it to be true, but there's a good chance that's exactly what it will be: a couple portions of the cinematic quest where we play as these guys, and then gone. if there's one thign I've learned about DE, it's that potential normally goes unrealized, at least for a couple years. 

but please DE, prove me wrong: kick my cynical a$$ by giving us an entire mode where we play as these guys!

I think we're missing a key component though: The forum and youtuber pack that will scream: "This is not Warframe!" If we want something to stick, we'll have to stop giving small but loud whining groups with agendas the biggest voice.

2 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Wow, I'll give benefit of the doubt in that they've learned as they've said they have about not promising more than they have. Will there be bugs? Most definitely as there always will be. I always keep my expectations to a "hyped but still grounded" level, hence why I've yet to be burned by "overhyped Tennocon" showings. Not to mention that they've shifted things to matching "overhyped Tennocon" showings over time, so while late still achieving some degree of what was shown. Though that's reality and you're clearly speaking from an ocean of salt.

I couldn't care less about PVP, however "better animations". wtaf are you talking about, the animation and art design are some of the best elements of the game for mostly everyone. While I won't ever say for them to stop evolving them, I will say that they're doing perfectly d$%# fine on the animation side as is. Seriously some ridiculous posts coming from certain players in this playerbase.

Have you seen the running, sprinting, and walking animations in this game? They're among the worst in the industry and haven't been updated since 2012. No, this weird duck-walk thing the warframes do, in addition to them feeling like they're sliding around when walking and running and the lack of good IK, is terrible. Every other aspect of the game has been reworked to some extent. The older animations are the only things that haven't been reworked. You're right; there are some ridiculous posts coming from certain players in this player base, but it's from those players who absolutely oppose any improvements to the game and can't accept that Warframe isn't the near-perfect game they pretend that it is.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PSN)GEN-Son_17:

I think we're missing a key component though: The forum and youtuber pack that will scream: "This is not Warframe!" If we want something to stick, we'll have to stop giving small but loud whining groups with agendas the biggest voice.

You do realize you're also a small but loud whining group, right?

1 hour ago, OniDax said:

Have you seen the running, sprinting, and walking animations in this game? They're among the worst in the industry and haven't been updated since 2012. No, this weird duck-walk thing the warframes do, in addition to them feeling like they're sliding around when walking and running and the lack of good IK, is terrible. Every other aspect of the game has been reworked to some extent. The older animations are the only things that haven't been reworked. You're right; there are some ridiculous posts coming from certain players in this player base, but it's from those players who absolutely oppose any improvements to the game and can't accept that Warframe isn't the near-perfect game they pretend that it is.

Yes, I have actually and no they aren't remotely. If anything they're in-line with other ARPG's, hell I could even compare them to Mass Effect Legendary Edition which is maybe a month old at this point. Though WF has far less stiff movements than that game does. "omg this space ninja game chooses to go with style than full-on grounded-ness" (as if it hasn't always has leaned into that). There's plenty of other areas that need evolution/improving and this isn't remotely high or even really on the list.

I'd say someone whining over animations that are perfectly fine but just aren't some AAA standard animations is far more ridiculous, than some others. Also if the implication is supposed to be that I'm in this "seeing WF as near-perfect game" camp: I'm aware of WF's issues however I also would put WF highly on any list I have in games. Not perfect but a damn good, unique, and ongoing one.

I loved the demo... but it actually leave me with the bad taste of: They just show us gameplay, but didnt explain anything. Are a one time use? necramech style? can we have a full party of Khal? Teshin mission its a solo mission? or group? are we doing the Ashbringers on Legion all over again? 4 teshins? Are we creating our own Grineers, can i make a female grineer? are just tied to the story?
its just too much that its not answered. And we just need to wait for Devstreams.

IDK how to feel 🦊

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Kemsa:

I loved the demo... but it actually leave me with the bad taste of: They just show us gameplay, but didnt explain anything. Are a one time use? necramech style? can we have a full party of Khal? Teshin mission its a solo mission? or group? are we doing the Ashbringers on Legion all over again? 4 teshins? Are we creating our own Grineers, can i make a female grineer? are just tied to the story?
its just too much that its not answered. And we just need to wait for Devstreams.

IDK how to feel 🦊

Still a story quest.

It's quite something, isn't it? I recall making posts over the years pining for exactly this type of gameplay: Slower paced tactics and squad based stuff from the perspective of characters who aren't super powered. I never actually expected to see it but here we are. Very exciting.

35 minutes ago, Kemsa said:

IDK how to feel 🦊

I think you should feel exactly like an other trailer/sneak peek, etc. The whole point of playing is to experience it.

everything is fun and games until you can't even jump to cover more distance. i personally don't want it to repeat for normal gameplay of missions, i.e for grinding some loot as it will cost unnecessary time with lesser gameplay feature

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No to conclave, but I definitely want to play as "Non Tenno" in missions once in a while. Maybe make it an operator power where they can shape shift into these playable characters and jump into battle.

Nyx mind control rework

I would like to play as these characters in slightly different regular missions , 

It would be less of a horde looter shooter and more of a third person tactical shooter, so probably not for everyone but I know I would enjoy it  more than conclave for certain.

We have been asking for operator pvp for so long , so I doubt DE will actually utilise this potential beyond a quest as has been their habit so far.

9 hours ago, (PSN)FastestKnight said:

Yes! I actually can see DE teasing a new PvP mode with these types of missions. They did a tremendous amount of work making the gameplay of each faction be something unique, it would be a shame if we don't get an expansion of this content down the road.

In my opinion the new PvP should be merged with the Invasions (right now, they are not the most popular game mode). Choose your faction and compete with other players. 

It would be absolutely AWESOME.

Screw the PvP side of it. Changing Invasions to be playable as the side you chose would already be a big improvement, especially if coupled with better level design to take advantage of the unique traits (gimmicks) of each faction's playable characters. I would actually like to see these characters have their own traditional, vanilla WoW-style skill trees in place of modding to keep them distinct, different, and worth progressing into. That sounds way more fun than just using the same OP mods on these units that we do on our current frames, and would make Invasions more enticing than just the rewards. It would get back to something that made Warframe great in the first place: The gameplay *IS* the primary reward.

15 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Yes, I have actually and no they aren't remotely. If anything they're in-line with other ARPG's, hell I could even compare them to Mass Effect Legendary Edition which is maybe a month old at this point. Though WF has far less stiff movements than that game does. "omg this space ninja game chooses to go with style than full-on grounded-ness" (as if it hasn't always has leaned into that). There's plenty of other areas that need evolution/improving and this isn't remotely high or even really on the list.

I'd say someone whining over animations that are perfectly fine but just aren't some AAA standard animations is far more ridiculous, than some others. Also if the implication is supposed to be that I'm in this "seeing WF as near-perfect game" camp: I'm aware of WF's issues however I also would put WF highly on any list I have in games. Not perfect but a damn good, unique, and ongoing one.

Comparing it to Mass Effect Legendary Edition, are we?

Hmm, let's see. I said, more or less, "Warframe's running, sprinting, and walking animations haven't been updated since 2012."

What is Mass Effect Legendary Edition?

"Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a compilation of the video games in the Mass Effect trilogy: Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3."

"All three games were remastered, with visual enhancements, technical improvements, and gameplay adjustments."

When did Mass Effect 3 release?

"Mass Effect 3 is an action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. The third major entry in the Mass Effect series and the final installment of the original trilogy, it was released in March 2012 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3."

"it was released in March 2012"

"March 2012"

"2012"

Thanks so very much for proving my point. I really appreciate it. :D

15 hours ago, Mints said:

It's quite something, isn't it? I recall making posts over the years pining for exactly this type of gameplay: Slower paced tactics and squad based stuff from the perspective of characters who aren't super powered. I never actually expected to see it but here we are. Very exciting.

You weren't the only one. And despite the complaints of people who have never played these types of games and therefore have no idea just how much that type of gameplay would fit Warframe, they're still here praising what they saw. They did the same with open world. Some of us asked for open world, and these same types of players pushed back on the idea. Now, despite DE designing their open worlds rather poorly (they aren't designed to feel like inhabited, immersive, alive and active environments full of NPCs), these types of players love the open worlds in Warframe.

7 hours ago, OniDax said:

Comparing it to Mass Effect Legendary Edition, are we?

Hmm, let's see. I said, more or less, "Warframe's running, sprinting, and walking animations haven't been updated since 2012."

What is Mass Effect Legendary Edition?

"Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a compilation of the video games in the Mass Effect trilogy: Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3."

"All three games were remastered, with visual enhancements, technical improvements, and gameplay adjustments."

When did Mass Effect 3 release?

"Mass Effect 3 is an action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. The third major entry in the Mass Effect series and the final installment of the original trilogy, it was released in March 2012 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3."

"it was released in March 2012"

"March 2012"

"2012"

Thanks so very much for proving my point. I really appreciate it. :D

You weren't the only one. And despite the complaints of people who have never played these types of games and therefore have no idea just how much such gameplay would fit Warframe, they're still here praising what they saw. They did the same with open world. Some of us asked for open world, and these same types of players pushed back on the idea. Now, despite DE designing their open worlds rather poorly (they aren't designed to feel like inhabited, immersive, alive and active environments full of NPCs), these types of players love the open worlds in Warframe.

Undoubtedly you just willfully ignoring how its stated that Legendary Edition Remasters, makes visual upgrades, as well as technical upgrades. All of which bring it to a 2019-2021 year range; so no its not 2012.

Also while its put towards someone else, I will step in to say how you aren't the only that has played x-type of games and you have no clue what anyone's catalogue includes. Though I do go back to what I said already in that if one prefers that styling, its completely an option just put aside your max ranked mods and god-builds to run a more grounded approach to the game.

1 minute ago, CrimsonXX said:

Though I do go back to what I said already in that if one prefers that styling, its completely an option just put aside your max ranked mods and god-builds to run a more grounded approach to the game.

I've actually run a couple alt accounts through most of the star chart for just this purpose. It's a way to enjoy the game from a fresh perspective, appreciate how different it is compared to when I first started, and I don't have to change the game or my main account to enjoy this idea, nor does it mean the current iteration of the game isn't something I also enjoy. People usually make the suggestion you are in a dishonest manner (technically speaking, from a debate perspective), but it's actually good to try it occasionally.

30 minutes ago, CrimsonXX said:

Undoubtedly you just willfully ignoring how its stated that Legendary Edition Remasters, makes visual upgrades, as well as technical upgrades. All of which bring it to a 2019-2021 year range; so no its not 2012.

Also while its put towards someone else, I will step in to say how you aren't the only that has played x-type of games and you have no clue what anyone's catalogue includes. Though I do go back to what I said already in that if one prefers that styling, its completely an option just put aside your max ranked mods and god-builds to run a more grounded approach to the game.

That remaster did not bring animations to a 2021 level. Sorry to disappoint you.

If you want to believe Warframe has the best animations in the industry and the best gameplay in the industry and the best graphics in the industry, you're welcome to believe that. If you want to believe Warframe is at a 2021 level, you're welcome to believe that. I don't, and I think it's pretty obvious Warframe isn't at that level if you actually look at the other AAA titles in the industry.

I also know this: you'll vehemently oppose any suggestion that Warframe improve in areas that you don't care about, but if DE does improve the game in those areas or adds something to the game that draws influence from gameplay you say you don't want, you'll be among the first to praise DE for it without any acknowledgement that you didn't want that improvement/addition to the game.

13 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would like to play as these characters in slightly different regular missions , 

It would be less of a horde looter shooter and more of a third person tactical shooter, so probably not for everyone but I know I would enjoy it  more than conclave for certain.

We have been asking for operator pvp for so long , so I doubt DE will actually utilise this potential beyond a quest as has been their habit so far.

Let's be real here.

NOTHING is ever for everyone. There will always be someone who *@##$es and moans over something not completely catered to them. But guess what, there's Railjack, there's Conclave, there's Starchart, Steelpath, Excavation, Defense, Exterminate, Open World. Don't like one thing? Fine. Shut up and play all the other things in the game.

Archived