Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Adding another theory (and again, nothing is confirmed), is that the accounts will remain separate. While both use the same emails, they are not the same account as one is Xbox and the other is just a regular Warframe account. One is owned by Xbox and the other is owned by DE.

Yeah, great, finally got an XBOX series S expecting to get to cross save by the end of this year and refusing to buy a PS5 from a scalper.  Well, the game is much more fun on the new system just wish my progression on it could amount to something (Hint hint) but I guess I can wait until cross save comes out to start the new war.

😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒

I have played many many games.

And I am looking forward to this functionality and to cross play =^_^=

Its seams to me that eventually the player with this option will choose a master account and combine your other accounts to it.  Therefore it will change your other account into this master account.

I am sure they will only allow you to do this once per platform, so no you cant take 10 trillion of some other platform and combine it into that main account.

And I am sure if that is how it is done then ten trillion people will come along trying to scam the system with the usual: "my brother or sister or nephew or someone else did this to my account" nonsense.

I also imagine that the people who where banned for hacking and cheating and the usual bad things will whine when they cant get the hacked account stuff.

If I where the DE team working on this, I would have the system work like a request system too, where each time it is done the accounts are looked at in question.  So its not an immediate thing for one thing and to allow people to stop the process or for the team to decide that they will not allow these people to use a hacked account. 

In addition, I would add the functionality to make it so a person using differing names could have separate characters if they wanted,

ie they could combine their accounts and play their pc account on xbox, but they could still play their xbox progress if they wanted. In this case the items and such would be shared, but the mastery and progress would not be.

But that is just me.....and that is how other games I have played handled it.

On 2021-07-17 at 11:25 PM, Zhoyzu said:

Indeed, it would be nice if i could buy some tennogen stuff finally since you cant on PC.

I imagine console economies rebalance to be essentially same as PC.

If anything I would fine with being able to have the gear and plat from my PC account on my Xbox

On 2021-12-17 at 11:30 AM, trunks013 said:

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

I can confirm what dark_lugia is saying its planned for 2022 but we don't have any other intel.

That being said i can theorize that they will do a kind of merging account thingy in the process ^.^ 

I am going to have to keep an eye on here.

On 2021-12-16 at 3:42 AM, --N-- said:

DE never said cross anything is coming out with The New War, that's just what game journalists incorrectly assumed because both were shown off at the same Tennocon.

DE did say during the dev stream where they spoke about it, saying that they would "TRY" to push out Cross-play with New War, however the plan obviously changed, but no one should be mistaking Cross-play with Cross-save, not that anyone technically has, they are not the same. Cross-save is for accounts and its content to play "WITH" other platforms using the platform the account is on. Then cross-play is for allowing accounts to play "USING" a "DIFFERENT" platform.

The Megathread has all the info we currently have on the content for it though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Guildercy said:

DE did say during the dev stream where they spoke about it, saying that they would "TRY" to push out Cross-play with New War, however the plan obviously changed, but no one should be mistaking Cross-play with Cross-save, not that anyone technically has, they are not the same. Cross-save is for accounts and its content to play "WITH" other platforms using the platform the account is on. Then cross-play is for allowing accounts to play "USING" a "DIFFERENT" platform.

The Megathread has all the info we currently have on the content for it though.

I may have missed something, but I don't remember anything like that. During TennoLive 2021, they did not announce a release date for cross save and cross play, in contrast with The New War (Arriving 2021). On the next devstream they clarified that it's not the same release: https://youtu.be/B6myb8U0VoQ?t=2367

We were never "told that once New War Launched, we'd get Cross-Save across all platforms!".

Edit: and here's an example of a news article that mistakenly says it's coming with New War: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/07/18/warframe-is-getting-crossplay-and-cross-save-yes-even-with-ps4-and-ps5/amp/

Edited by --N--

I waited so long for this update in hopes we have cross save so i dont have to restart over the amount of time i put into this game. destiny 2 had it since the game dropped in 2017. im sorry DE if your game can run on a android while playing with Different Devices. this bullS#&$ should work i should be able to log in with a xbox to pc or pc to xbox etc. ill see ya in another 2 years when you get that finished.

*long time fan walks out.. finally**

wut? Is he eager to be disrespected by random pc players?

one of the main negative effects of crosssave will be disrespect, some closed-minded players won't realize that there would be players using joystick or touch screens in the same team, this affects the team's gameplay to possible slurs or misunderstandings.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)CODEBANDIT5654 said:

i was a backer in 2013 i started on pc. i played 90% on xbox, and invested alot of money and time on the xbox i just dont want to start over on pc. this isnt new technolgy by no means trust when i say that its not hard at all. this is either lazy or motivated by money. ill digress 

Yes, it is most defiantly motivated by money and you can thank xbox and the rest of the big three for slowing things down, people have to remember is WF is one of the only games that trades in premium currency so it most likely took some time to convince the big three on how to handle the sale and trading of plat so they did not lose out on their profits.