Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

when I play on the pc always had 100 ping match lower setting checked since cross play has been introduced this is no longer working and game console ping is horrid usually find myself hitting ALT-f4  due to the horrid load time of the game consoles , if I uncheck cross play in setting very limited pc player to play with ... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeff_simpson said:

when I play on the pc always had 100 ping match lower setting checked since cross play has been introduced this is no longer working and game console ping is horrid usually find myself hitting ALT-f4  due to the horrid load time of the game consoles , if I uncheck cross play in setting very limited pc player to play with ... 

I’ve noticed this too. Crossplay doesn’t seem to respect our ping limits. 

Furthermore, getting a console host usually means reduced spawns, which means reduced challenge, loot, affinity, and fun. 

I know crossplay is in its early stages, so I’m not writing it off completely yet. But I hope we get more options for preferring/forcing PC hosts. 

• Like 3

I wonder if Xbox (in this case) players has some sort advanced AI where it autoformate it, use words that is know by majority and/or put some link to harder to know stuffs.

I'm on my old Laptop and I'm seeing wall of text.

just to point out they have crossplay done in its initial stages , after which de has stated cross save and account merging will be next.

aka even if you make a new account on pc or , on a console they all pool together eventually .

given ive been playing it since wf dropped on xbox im also awaiting save/merg so that i can jump onto my pc , also, no need to worry as de have said its in the works hopefully 2023 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

If I knew how to make a post that needed to be hilighted in order to be read, I would do it without hesitation. 

No, you don't need to highlight anything. You, like in school, write proper sentences, put some spaces, don't write like this:

^ this is wall of text. I won't even bother to read this whole text.

As for "highlight" there are some people that intentionally or unintentionally write text in white (or close to) and people like me that has white background and black text cannot read it. JUST DON'T DO IT. On PC by coppying some text you can do it afair (but there is "paste as unformatted text")

In general keep in mind your readers. If you look at screen and you don't want to read your own text then don't even bother posting.

Above post & several threads were merged without ANY sort of indication and you get my weird answers.

14 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:
6 hours ago, quxier said:

I would like to remind you that most player post content with unformatted text. The post you mentioned specifically was unformatted. I understand your frustration, but you should try to be less critical of players and instead send your feedback to the party that is responcible (in this case Invision Community, the forum web-service developer).

As you can see, the text is perfectly visible to other players with Dark Theme enabled. It has nothing to do with formatting as this is a flaw in the website design.

Yes, and "that poster" haven't used colored text (e.g. white). It was ongoing talk with someone (99% with jokes) that may be lost if you don't follow original conversation.

As for that poster I've (jokingly) complained about wall of text and some not widely used terms that may be not know to everyone.

First, I've complained about writing readable content:

Secondly I've (and probably others) probably complained about stuffs like: merging topics (especially to different boards), constant login outs, formatting issues or quotes. But this horrible ancient forum provider is still there. No fixes. ps. I shouldn't complain to invision but to WF.

Seriously Devs.... just dump my junk items and prime parts, hell even scrap out my relics... I just want my Xbox account progress on my PC. I will absolutely not restart from scratch, and I don't even care about the new progress that I have on my steam account just throw it all away.

take the plat, take the credits, delete the relics, and clear my mats. I just want to get back to work and enjoy all my Fashion Frames. I have 11 of them. they all have their very own weapons, attachments, syndana's and some even have full skins. I miss running Ash, Wukong, and Octavia with her baby shark track. I want to continue spending days building up equipment that people say sucks, just to get that perfect riven mod that makes it glorious and deadly when applied thoughtfully. 

Take it all, and then together DE you can take my money and I'll inspire more and more people from my online communities to join me and work hard to make our own stories as Ninja's with magic in space.

On 2023-01-01 at 7:14 AM, quxier said:

No, you don't need to highlight anything. You, like in school, write proper sentences, put some spaces, don't write like this:

^ this is wall of text. I won't even bother to read this whole text.

As for "highlight" there are some people that intentionally or unintentionally write text in white (or close to) and people like me that has white background and black text cannot read it. JUST DON'T DO IT. On PC by coppying some text you can do it afair (but there is "paste as unformatted text")

In general keep in mind your readers. If you look at screen and you don't want to read your own text then don't even bother posting.

Above post & several threads were merged without ANY sort of indication and you get my weird answers.

I write Novels, so making a clean and organized post would be like being at work 

• 4 weeks later...

This has probably already been mentioned here, but I can't be bothered re-reading 45 pages of posts to find it...  Something needs to be done about the loading times for some of our console cousins.

I've had more than a few public relic missions lately that go like this:

• At mission loading, there are 4 members in the squad.
  • Host and I are there from the start (I'm playing mostly on my PC account these days), third player joins after another 10-15 seconds. Void fissures start spawning. We start killing enemies and slowly working towards the objective.
  • After a full minute, 4th player still hasn't appeared, eventually gives up and drops out.
  • A new player joins the squad. By this time we've reached the capture target/rescue target/sabotage target etc. Deal with the objective and wait around killing enemies so that the 4th player has at least some chance of getting their reactant.
  • After another minute or two, 4th player still hasn't loaded in. Someone will get frustrated and head towards the exit.
  • 4th player either never loads in, or loads in just as the second person reaches the extraction point. By this point enemies may have stopped spawning.

In every case, the 4th player has been a cross-platform (non-PC) player. The problem is that there seems to be a big disparity in loading times across the various platforms. PC will usually be fastest, but those on the latest PS5 and Xbox Series X seem to keep up well (sometimes faster than my current gen i7 laptop) . My own PS4 (running an SSD) is fairly slow to load missions and I suspect that those on Switch will be even slower. Possibly there are network related issues here too.

I don't have any ideas on how this could be addressed, short of limiting the platforms that can connect (PS4, Xbox One and Switch on one segment, PS5, Xbox Series X and PC on another), but that kinda defeats the purpose of cross-platform play.

7 hours ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

This has probably already been mentioned here, but I can't be bothered re-reading 45 pages of posts to find it...  Something needs to be done about the loading times for some of our console cousins.

The only answer for Xbox One/ PS4 users is to upgrade their hardware it seems. After a decade on those systems, there's probably not much more optimization to be made. + switch eww

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The only answer for Xbox One/ PS4 users is to upgrade their hardware it seems. After a decade on those systems, there's probably not much more optimization to be made. + switch eww

Sadly, you're probably right. I'd love to get a PS5, but here in NZ there are still stock issues. Not to mention the price tag. Hence why I'm now playing on PC mostly.

Switch... 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just wondering if there has been any update on the cross-save feature and what's a realistic time frame on the update?

I have bought loads of platinum and progressed so far on switch but I don't have one anymore, I would really like to continue my progress on PlayStation respectively.

Kind regards,

Chisum.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Chisumbanje said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if there has been any update on the cross-save feature and what's a realistic time frame on the update?

I have bought loads of platinum and progressed so far on switch but I don't have one anymore, I would really like to continue my progress on PlayStation respectively.

Kind regards,

Chisum.

Hopefully this year, but if not it should be out next year. 

We already have cross play, so cross save should have started (or will soon start getting) some progress, but of course that will take time as to not accidentally delete people's accounts or make them lose items via glitches.

• 2 weeks later...

alight i feel like we've all been patiently waiting for cross save progression and im honestly starting to be a little disappointed with de i understand that for what ever reason they wanted cross play to be enabled first even tho 99% of people just play with randoms or play solo but i not too long ago i looked up what cross play they even enabled and to my not so surprise nothing atleast at the time i was looking it up you cant trade with other platforms you cant talk in game with other platforms and you cant even send them friend requests so you've literally done nothing and if not nothing the bare minimum. de is a little tiny whole in the wall company anymore i expected more but when it comes to nerfing things players are enjoying and having fun with you all are awfully quick to fix those issues 

• Like 4

I didn't see any advantage in cross play or if cross save comes in the future. The purpose I saw in implementing cross play was that there was a large drop in players on the PC platform and they did this to group players from different platforms. Before cross play it was difficult for a slot to be filled by 4 players....with the cross play option it helped in this aspect of filling the game with 4 players and even then there is a lack of players.

Edited by Vaml77

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I've never really run into many Corssplay Players since it came out and then I just ended up disabling it, I think most PC players did disable it due to not wanting to deal with consoles. But that's just me 🤷‍♂️ 

I've left it on mostly to guarantee joining a squad when I run pubs. 

As for the OP, give them time. Cross save needs a higher level of parity than cross play itself, it''ll be a welcome addition once we get it.

• Like 3

hace 1 hora, Vaml77 dijo:

I didn't see any advantage in cross play or if cross save comes in the future. The purpose I saw in implementing cross play was that there was a large drop in players on the PC platform and they did this to group players from different platforms. Before cross play it was difficult for a slot to be filled by 4 players....with the cross play option it helped in this aspect of filling the game with 4 players and even then there is a lack of players.

They will be the servers of your region, because in Latin America I almost always find a squad (except in the morning).