Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember

DarkSkysz

I don't know if someone else suggested this before but...

With the mechanic of multi skills (more than one skill per ability) you could bring back the old Ember ult, World on Fire.

Tap 4 for meteors and hold 4 for world on fire.

Lets be honest... 'afk' ember was not a real reason to remover her old trash clearing ult. There is a lot of frames that can afk kill stuff (some can do that even on steel path... won't say names because I know you guys love nerfing stuff ON A FREKING PVE GAME).

2 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

There is a lot of frames that can afk kill stuff (some can do that even on steel path... won't say names because I know you guys love nerfing stuff ON A FREKING PVE GAME)

... I'm just going to point out that your silence is irrelevant... DE already knows which warframe you're talking about, since they have all the data they need...

Also... Ember's hot...

... yeah, well... They'll do it anyway, because all those people also know which warframe you're talking about... Even I do.

But, my actions regarding that matter are irrelevant...

Ember's hot... I don't know if DE is planning to bring World on Fire back again as a secondary function but~... I don't know, Ember's still hot as it is so~... I kind of feel like Ember's better now than how it was before though... But, I don't think your suggestion is a bad thing at all.

Give a moderately powerful warframe TWO ultimates? suuuuurrrre...

You can't leave it on like WoF, but you can just use Breach Surge. Then when you use Choco Meteor, they will continuously explode headshot seeking magic missles.

But give Ember two ults? That would be hot x2. That would be too hot!

Bruce Willis Movie GIFThe Fifth Element Movie GIF

To be honest about this, I have definitely seen a few reverts by DE where they bring back something they took out.

The problem with those is that DE always does them within the classic 'two or three months' update window that they have after every change where they gather data on it (watch for more Yareli buffs, with that in mind).

Once a change has been made, did not get reverted in the patch window, and is an established function within the game, DE have only ever 1. Iterated on it to make it better or worse, or 2. changed it completely again.

So I cannot see DE ever bringing back the old World On Fire.

They may iterate on the new Inferno do something more than just the direct and persistent damage it currently does. Maybe they'll have a 'hold cast' version that drops less meteors, but does that lesser value once every few seconds for a duration.

But. Considering you can strip off enemy armour, then hit with a high dose of instant, followed by persistent, Heat damage with it (and speed up the regen of that armour stripping capability), I don't think it's going to go anywhere soon.

Now... if that also affected Shields? She'd be the best damn thing since sliced bread. But we can't have that right now.

The Ember afk issue is possibly the most valid type of reason to rework something as that negatively impacted the parts of the game most likely to have new players in it. Plus what reason is there to bring the ability back when it's a strict downgrade from her current ability?

Also nerfing problematic outliers or imbalanced systems is good for the health of a game regardless of it being PvE, PvP, or even if it's single player. Most players will inevitably self sabotage themselves and optimize the fun out of a game and making those also the easiest and most effective options only accelerates that problem.

3 hours ago, trst said:

The Ember afk issue is possibly the most valid type of reason to rework something as that negatively impacted the parts of the game most likely to have new players in it. Plus what reason is there to bring the ability back when it's a strict downgrade from her current ability?

Also nerfing problematic outliers or imbalanced systems is good for the health of a game regardless of it being PvE, PvP, or even if it's single player. Most players will inevitably self sabotage themselves and optimize the fun out of a game and making those also the easiest and most effective options only accelerates that problem.

Even Warframes not used for their damage abilities can "afk" and kill enemies, or be modded for long range aoe 1 shots. Even if DE were going to "balance" the game [which they don't], it wouldn't make any sense to balance fully modded players around low level enemies with HP/Shield values low enough for someone with no mods to kill unless base values are inflated and the effects of mods greatly reduced.

Even without Warframe abilities, a new person isn't going to be allowed to kill anything regardless. Celestial Twin with an aoe modded weapon will outperform them even. This "think of the new players" line is pointless.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

Even Warframes not used for their damage abilities can "afk" and kill enemies, or be modded for long range aoe 1 shots. Even if DE were going to "balance" the game [which they don't], it wouldn't make any sense to balance fully modded players around low level enemies with HP/Shield values low enough for someone with no mods to kill unless base values are inflated and the effects of mods greatly reduced.

Even without Warframe abilities, a new person isn't going to be allowed to kill anything regardless. Celestial Twin with an aoe modded weapon will outperform them even. This "think of the new players" line is pointless.

Except Ember was a full map spawn killing on a number of Defense maps and was being actively use that way by a lot of players on top of it being the only application the ability had. While Wukong can't keep every spawn hallway cleared to the same degree Ember could because things like walls exist. There is also a considerable difference between "this player at least looks like they're playing the game" vs "this player is doing nothing and yet there are no enemies on the map".

It made a horrible impression on new players seeing Embers doing this in all their early endless missions plus the ability was garbage outside of these level ranges.

Archived