Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Il y a 16 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Corrupted Holokey Changes: 

• In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

• Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

For me, this 2 steps are good steps in the good way for have holo-keys, but, this steps must not the only ones, because, in the first step, if u already doing all the sisters you actual needs, you can't have this holokeys unless when you adds new Tenet weaps on Sisters, and for the second Step, like usual, you can do a lot of Void Storms without any keys (sometimes, some hours of farming and no Holokeys).

For me, you must add this too :

• Each Corpus Void Storms' missions gives you Holokeys (+1 for Neptune or +2 for Pluto or +3 for Veil) :
    • Spy - 1 per Successfully hacking Data Vault (3 Data Vaults)
    • Volatile - 3 (due to time spend in this mission type, especially in solo)
    • Extermination - 1 (due to a lot of killing enemies and faster to do)
    • Defense, Orphix and Survival - 1 Per Rotation (due to endless-style)
  • Each Void Storms' missions, you have a X% chance to have 1 Holokey dropped on Corrupted Corpus units (so, you have more chance to haves Holokeys in Corpus missions)
    • More chance to haves Holokeys depending the Proxima (max chance in Veil)
    • Smeeta, Ressource and Ressource's Chance affect this Drop, like the bonus in Endless-Type concerning ressources (because, you know, it's a ressource...)

Gonna allow us to pick our element on the tenet meles eventually?
Cus the 4 day rotation with totally random element rolls is just horrendously bad. I've seen Grigori roll electric 3 times and Livia roll toxin twice already and it's gone through what? 6 rotations so far? I think I've seen Agendus roll radiation twice but I'm not 100% sure on that one. As it stands right now it's very possible to go a year or more without seeing one of these weapons roll a specific element, assuming you even remember to check every rotation. Compared to being able to choose our element for every other litch/sister weapon this is unacceptable.

I would rather have kept the low drop amount and made them a guaranteed reward. The issue was never the drop amount, it was the fact that you could run several missions without seeing any drops, for a resource that you're going to need in fairly large quantities if you want a maxed out set of Tenet Melees.

oh god xd

so sad, not nearly enough to make someone touch rj :/

DE's grind island mentality is just so bad :( ... if it wouldnt be for tennogen, deluxe skins and the helminth system i would have left a long time ago :/

those missions take way to long, the drop CHANCE is way to low... it wont hurt you to put it on 100% i promise.........

listening to all those yes-men does...

still hoping for the auto-leave-squad-option...... can't stand ending up in a ship you cant to anything and beeing forced to do another mission if you dont leave in time or went to the toilet after a mission.....

A possible compensation for players that has grinded sister and Holokeys.

- 2 Corrupted Holokeys pr. sister vanquished/converted (is a fair compromise) 

- 50% extra Holokeys of your Holekeys gotten from Void Stroms (6 to 10 is a 66% increase, so 50% would be an ok compromise) 

DE you have to inform your players of what kind of compensation you are planning, or the Void Storms and Sisters hunt will go into a stall until you release the Holekeys update. 

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

You are punishing Solo players with this decision. Just make it 4 across the board! So everyone get the same reward, no matter if Squad or Solo player.

I've a relatively simple question - us who farmed them prior to this change, will a script be run to make up for the changes similar to Steel Essence?

Already got enough for all variants, but I want to max some of them - so curious if I should do something else till the change, or you'll run a script per Sister and Corrupted Holokey gotten so far

This seems like a solid change. While I personally thought it was fine, this will make it a little less tedious and you can buy spares for fusions without stressing over the % as much.

For those with drop chance issues. What I have found that appears to work for me, not on a 100% basis, but very often is that when doing Veil Proxima Skirmishes, I do not equip a relic. Along with my teammates also not equipping a relic. We perform the tasks, collect the essence (although at times we have not collected it all and still got the holokeys). We have had an instance believe it or not where we got 6x drop of Holokey to drop as bonus 8 times in a row (even going back and forth to Dry Dock to change out builds and one random happened to slip in our game at one point)

Not sure if this is just our luck was incredible or we found a way to beat the RNG system to work more in our favor. But we had about an 60% chance out of all our attempts. Even got many duplicates of quellor and pennant BP's. Not guaranteeing this will work, but this is what we have tried. We don't do any low level RJ stuff so maybe the drop chances were higher for some reason, not sure. We also all ran Lavos so we were going ham on the rockets and could finish the missions fairly quick, usually within 5 minutes or so each run. 

Probably just an outlier but might be worth a try. 

Good changes, but I've defeated over 40 sisters (solo) and farmed enough holokeys for all 4 weapons. No compensation? I should have at least another 80 or so keys for 2 weapons. Another part of grind made easier with nothing to benefit those who have already grinded.

No, this isn't it. The drops amount were okay. The drop rate was terrible. To get Holokeys the mission had a ~37% chance to get a pack. That still over a ~60% chance to get some reward you don't need like Sevegoth parts or credits cache or resource cache. Make the Holokeys a guaranteed drop from Void storms.

When I spend 15 minutes in a Veil Void Storm only to get a resource cache and not the Holokey pack it is disheartening. I can't control what element Ergo has for the melee weapons. I can't control what mission types are available to get Holokeys from. And there is still RNG drops when I want to get Holokeys.

Take the lessons learned from Steel Essence to heart. Players do not mind collect large amounts of Steel Essence because it's guaranteed from Acolytes. Players engage in Tenshin's shop because the currency it uses is not a pain to obtain. Do the same with Ergo in Perrin Sequence. Make Holokeys are guaranteed drop and expand on Ergo's shop. You can even put Sevegoth, Epitaph, and Ambassador parts in his shop, too. Come one, DE. You have solved this problem before. Why are you people repeating the same mistakes?

The problem remains that a packet of holokeys is very unlikely to drop from a void storm mission.  I've run six veil storms and gotten no holokeys, at all, so far.  

I suggest moving Sevagoth's parts to the holokey vendor and replacing all his parts with holokeys in the void storm drop table.

I agree with all the comments that drop chance was the problem more than the amount you got when you get lucky. I'd rather have a guaranteed trickle of keys so that a mission where you don't get lucky with the drop doesn't feel like a waste of time.

I would also throw into the discussion a suggestion that you should be able to give Glast unwanted hounds and tenet weapons in exchange for holokeys (giving me something to do with the pile of hounds I've got clogging up my foundry). It's even thematically appropriate that he'd want the tenet weapons and hounds.

I also think Glast should have a much larger inventory of tenet weapons and hound parts for purchase with holokeys.

Edit: also I second the opinion that there should be a steel meridian vendor doing the same thing with lich weapons.

The farm for the tennet weapons could take about 3-12 hours depending on RNG. It should probably be made so that variance in time is not only made lower but made much more consistent like 2-4 hours at most.... Even if you make the keys garmented we gotta deal with the 4 day shop rotation till we get the elements we want. This whole way to farm and mix max weapons is completely horrible. AND THAT IS WITH THESE CHANGES IN MIND! Please just make them garmented at least. 

Welcome change, but I (as other players) still have some problems with it.

Why don't you insert the tenet meleen weapons on the normal sister tables? They are litteraly called tenet weapons, not ergo glast weapons.

In the current system, even witth the boost on corrupted keys quantity, it would take A LOT of time to get a 60% tenet melee, while with the normal kuva and sister weapons, even if i get a 25% roll, i can just go and get another right away, while if a get a 25% from ergo glast, i have to farm hours for another 40 corrupted holokeys and then wait 4 DAYS to get another roll, it's not motivating at all.

I can imagine the reason why you did the ergo glast thing, you wanted people to play more railjack and didn't want a big pool weapons on sister spawn (just as kuva liches are right now).

I have suggestions of solutions for both problems:

1. play more railjack - why dont you allow to get mumurs and hounds on railjack missions? Let's say: a normal mission on a node of a certaion sister gives at max 3 hounds, why don't you make railjack missions spawn 4-5 hounds? Or give a boosted chance of a sister to spawn on railjack missions, when you already want to kill it? I think it would be a welcome change.

2. big pools of weapons on kuva and sister (if you move the meleen weapons) spawn - I think these are the biggest problem right now on kuva larvaling, it took me more than 20 missions to get a kuva zarr. Why don't you make a grouping of weapons depending on the mission/planet? For example:
Kuva weapons:
- Saturn: rifles
- Uranus: shotguns
- Sedna: secondaries
- Kuva fortress: melee/archguns
Sister weapons:
- Phobos: primaries
- Europa: secondaries
- Neptune/Pluto: melee

Extra holokeys are nice and all, but just a couple things:

1) Sevagoth taking up 1/3 of a drop table that you're supposed to run endlessly into the game's future (it is supposed to be an alternative way to crack relics after all) just lacks forethought. I already have 2 sevagoths built (main one and helminth) and PILES of sevagoth parts in my inventory. That's really frustrating to do a long high level mission and get another part of him for the 100th time.

2) The 4 day cycle with 7 different elements rotating is another really anti-friendly mechanic. I've been waiting for 16 days already to get the element I want and god knows how much longer I'll have to wait. Whoever thought that was a good idea?

Really disappointing that adding a few extra holokeys to the reward was your solution to this poorly thought out tenet melee reward mess. 

I have an idea hear me out I mean no harm make the hounds drop 2 holokeys at best and for trying to stab a sister 4 and if you have a max guilded hound you can trade unwanted hound for 10 holokeys at legs or glasts just saying.

Archived