Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corrupted Holokey Changes

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, Kamachi said:

Will any of this be retrospective to lessen the suffering of those who already farmed a bunch of Sisters and Holokeys?

I had the same thought. Some of us already got all the sister weapons and have farmed upwards of 60 holokeys in the current system - couldn't they at least give us a holokey per Tenet weapon in our inventory or something?

I'm still happy about the change cause it's nice other people don't have to grind so hard, but it would be nice is some of this was retroactive.

3 hours ago, ImmortalToucan said:

Now that's cool and but still it doesn't fix the fact that it completely diluted the droptables, and it's not a reward that can be capped out like void traces were... Also 4 per sister vanquished is kind of a small amount I'd say.

Things will be slightly better, but the main concerns are still untouched.

I think you misread, 4 per sister wouldn't be bad, that'd be almost a whole tenet weapon after 2 sister kills. 5 would be sick, an actual, meaningful reward.

Its 1, to be as stingy as possible while also seeming like a hand of charity.

It's pretty crummy that you lot decide to do this a month after release, and not even consider that many players have already farmed as many sisters as they pleased by now. Upping the drop amount of holokeys (while sorta okay) doesn't solve the problem of the 37.5% drop chance from Void Storms. (Problem has always been reliable acquisition, forcing you to play the objectively fastest missions to make it less of a waste of time) Also, the fact that holokeys were added as an excuse to play an objectively slower mode if your main goal is unlocking relics seems really odd to me when the sisters themselves could've just had the Tenet Melee weapons in their rotations to begin with. Instead of arbitrarily adding them to Ergo Glast.

Just feels like coercion to play a mode which would most likely be dead if there wasn't a tiring grind locked behind it. And the inevitable lightening of the grind afterwards making early adopters feel like poo for playing your update when it drops. Players that decide to play an update when it ships shouldn't even be called early adopters, just players that happen to play when an update drops. But at this point, it makes more sense to wait at least a month if not more after a major update just for it to get easier and less headache inducing over time. It's pretty ridiculous and I'm personally getting sick of it.

31 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It's pretty crummy that you lot decide to do this a month after release, and not even consider that many players have already farmed as many sisters as they pleased by now. Upping the drop amount of holokeys (while sorta okay) doesn't solve the problem of the 37.5% drop chance from Void Storms. (Problem has always been reliable acquisition, forcing you to play the objectively fastest missions to make it less of a waste of time) 

I don't think it's crummy as you put it. Especially since they just had tennocon, during a global pandemic, while working on several major things (crossplay for example), as well as having more time for feedback and stats to base changes and on top of that this is a dev workshop so I'm sure they are going to be reading the feedback on the idea before implementation. 

This needs to be a guaranteed drop, with a chance to have bonus. When these were introduced as "replacing traces" in void storms, I (and I assume many others) were under the impression that this would mean that you would get Void Traces from normal relic missions, and cracking a relic in a Void Storm 1would gran you Corrupted Holokeys. This would be a fair trade (with adjusted values, say between a weighted 2-10 per relic cracked).

Making these as a reward for cracking relics also incentivizes longer mission runs (Disruption / Survival / Defence), because you get to crack multiple relics in those, meaning you get more holokeys. With a weighted guaranteed drop, you can actually farm towards something. Even if it was a 50/50 shot to get traces or holokeys, that would be better than getting screwed by RNG with the current crap in the table. As others have noted, cracking multiple relics is useless if at the end of the mission you have a small chance to get the reward you actually want. The current setup practically forces players to maximize their squad to run each mission as fast as possible to make it bearable.

Without this being a guaranteed drop, I have zero intention of farming these. I ran void storms for about 2 hours one day AND I HAVE ZERO. Also, having the guaranteed drop on a sister vanquish is nice, except that the reward is very low. that means that at best, you spend about an hour running 1 sister for the chance at 4 keys. Which makes each of those weapons 10 hours of play time minimum ( each ) just to acquire.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Corrupted Holokey Changes: 

• In the final Railjack Showdown node for a Sister of Parvos, each Sister will give each squad member 1 Corrupted Holokey at End-of-Mission whether you Vanquish or Convert them! This means a Squad of 4 can leave with 4 Corrupted Holokeys each on Showdown mission complete! 

• Corrupted Holokey drop amounts have been increased in Void Storms! Void Storms in the Veil Proxima will now drop 10 (vs 6) to make the hardest content the most rewarding. The rest have all had their amounts increased by 1. 

I want to give this a all upside approval and bother posting but I can't.
Lets increase sister rewards as sisters are getting old.  Its not all bad given how OP lich weapons are (you should max them out) but I can't help feel like I won't remember making this post by the time I get around to benefiting from it.

Additionally, the problem isn't that we're adding reasons to access the RJ.  I love RJ.  10 Keys is great, when the neos are 5, its frustrating if you don't have AXI to burn.  And no, I won't run storms without a relics: we always need forma/ducats.  The problem is those reasons are transient and I become annoyed by DE attempting to drain my AXI library.  There need to be true evergreen reasons to be in RJ.  See my post on providing genuine sweetness to the Proxima Storms.

If its still a pure difficulty problem, allow us to run lower relics in the higher level storms.  They are just piling up worthless and I don't want to spend time in those era storms.  Though I suspect the relics were designed with that in mind.... Address that if its not so.

I’m not sure about this change, the pros:

- It reduces the amount of drops needed per weapon from 7 down to 4.

- Those hunting Sisters in railjack get an extra reward of 1 per sister killed, a secondary source of keys

Cons:

- This change is not retroactive, meaning those like myself who have farmed 42 keys per weapon (about 7 drops) are missing out on a massive 28 keys.

- The change is not a hotfix so people will have to suffer through it for most of the month until it eventually gets changed.

While I recognise changes sometimes need time for review and updates (as seen with the Galvanised mods that are still having issues with radial damage), this change should just have been hotdropped so that current players do not get screwed out of their holokeys, and those planning on playing Void Storms will just refuse to do so until the change goes live, having the opposite of the intended effect of the holokeys and so-called suitcase melee weapons in the first place.

Please consider dropping this fix sooner.

Is it a joke or something?

I believe large portion of feedback on keys is increase the chance, or maybe guarantee drop but decrease quantity.

what is this out of logic  quantity increase?  

Also guarantee at sister showdown? One for each player? Really? How good the melee weapon is that it deserve such grind of ten times the length of non-melee tenet weapon?

What about solo player? Or maxing all melee to 60%? Or choosing the desire element? 

Just make key drop guarantee and as a unique table, add back traces to  original drop table.

5 minutes ago, RoyalPAIN2 said:

Make it so that sevagoth are seperate drop table from holokeys...thats what we need

I think this would help immensely. I get so many sevagoth pieces it's a little frustrating getting them over holokeys. At least if something else pops up other than sevagoth I still have a use for it so even if I'm not getting holokeys I'm content. 

It barely helps and doesnt addresses the REAL problem: the drop chance.

You can make it drop 100 keys, if you dont get the drop, you are still getting 0. 10 missions, but no drops is still 0 keys.

They should either be a guaranteed drop or have a bigger drop rate.

Also, 1 key per sister kill is ridiculous. What kind of reward is that? Killing a Sister should give at least 5 or so. Stabbing a Sister should give a few keys like stabbing a Lich drops some Kuva.

Maybe also change so Granum Void gives a few keys per completion, or maybe killing a Candidate, like killing a Larvaling drops a bit of Kuva too.

Deja Vu farming Scintillant for necromechs, Atmo Systems for Vox Solaris, Granium Void for Protea, Cetus Wisp from Plains, and many others. Haven't you all notice the reoccurring theme here? It's all a time gate. DE doesn't want us to get everything in a few hours. They have to undertune the system to be nasty RNG then raise the drop rate later on. 

I really hate this method of time gating the players. It happened before and no doubt it'll happen again with the next new shiny that require resources. One of the few reasons why I like being a console player. We get the update later than the PC beta testers so we don't have to suffer so much. Just not this time.

6 hours ago, Kamachi said:

Will any of this be retrospective to lessen the suffering of those who already farmed a bunch of Sisters and Holokeys?

Warframe is like this, dont be too eager and play too much when new system is out 😂 When the kuva lich just came out, i farmed a lot. There was no valence transfer and no visible weapon upon the thrall to choose, so I converted a bunch of liches which are now useless. Well, no regret, just learned to play slowly with new contents.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I really hate this method of time gating the players. It happened before and no doubt it'll happen again with the next new shiny that require resources. One of the few reasons why I like being a console player. We get the update later than the PC beta testers so we don't have to suffer so much. Just not this time.

Watch as cross play becomes a thing. We all will suffer.

Archived