Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Octavia - Is it worth wasting the hours?

CrimsonDarkLord

6 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Did that puzzle a few days ago. Look like they nerfed the heck out of it... you just have to memorize 4 or 6 lights now.

Yah, I'm not sure if it's a bug but the Lua music puzzle always plays the exact same sequence, every time.  It's been doing that like a year.

Anyway, the cache and music puzzle are definitely the quick parts.  For the helmet you're looking at an average of around 90 minutes of ODS, but 1 in 10 players will take three hours or more.

Even with that, at this point Octavia isn't even in the top 10 heaviest warframe grinds.  I should know :)

Spoiler

QCYC34i.jpg

Octavia isn't actually that bad. 

Two of her parts can be farmed easily enough on Lua while doing a ton of other stuff at the same time both for stuff you need, stuff you can sell and nightwave tasks on top of it. Lua's nodes really provide a lot of bang for your buck for staying on the same node for a while. 

Yeah, the one of her parts where you have to farm the infested survival for it on derelict you could get stuck with bad luck, but you'll also be farming a lot of useful resources, so its not really that bad. 

There are far worse grinds than vanilla Octavia, I wouldn't go the plat route unless you get stuck with really bad rng on the survival portion and start feeling burnt out. 

15 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I have yet to start my hunt for Octavia parts apart from finishing the main quest.

Not looking for the prime version as I want the subsumed ability and to add to my flowers collection.

Can some of you share how painful the experience is?

People have suggested just buying it outright from the market.

I think you should focus on the warframe you like to play and do nw missions and go to the moon just to open rivens (kill sentients) and focus more on farming kuva or steel essence. It's not a relevant warframe....eventually you will do missions there to open rivens that ask you to find deposits. I got my octavia that way....without caring about her. It is unfortunately not worth the effort.

6 minutes ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I finally got all parts!!!

The Chasis was basically first try, Neuroptics was 3 tries.

But God, the Systems took all night only to give up eventually. Then I thought I'd give it a try this morning and got it on first go. I hated looking for Caches the most.

Congratulations!

What would you say to someone who asked if it was as bad as they say, now that you’ve done it?

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Congratulations!

What would you say to someone who asked if it was as bad as they say, now that you’ve done it?

Probably what most people might say.

When you're determined to not give up, set yourself a threshold of the maximum amount of time you would spend on it on the first day.

Then just do it passively (1-2 runs everytime you log in).

It's crazy how RNG works. You could do 30 runs in 1 day without success and then 1 run on a random day, and succeed from that.

I'd say give it a go/a few attempts at the least.

Threads like these pop up a lot naturally, and I'll read other peoples replies about what is supposedly the worst frame to get. Khora? One Khora I got in 3 Runs of SO (each SO to Round 8), Wisp on the other hand, took me around 57 runs of the Ropalolyst. Point is, that some runs have the potential to be extremely painful, some not so much and RNG is a huge factor. I never fed any original Frames to Helminth (meaning I grinded for every at least Frame twice) and a lot of the time, getting the second Frame was easier or harder than the original. 

Usually the more annoying the grind for a frame the first time, the better it was the second, since I would have so many left over parts (depends since some Frames parts have different quests/missions etc) and then finally enjoyment. Thats important to consider. Even in cases where I have gotten lucky, I acknowledge the potential for pain (I will never say getting Khora is generally EZ despite my personal experience) and suffering, but also certain grinds, like Nidus, Khora, Wisp, did't really bother or frustrate me. Getting Ivara earlier on was annoying, but by the time I wanted to Helminth Ivara I enjoyed doing Spy and already had done enough Spy to have a few Ivara ready. 

So in my opinion its best to circumvent all that and use Plat to buy when... A. You have tried to get the Frame already a few times. B. The thought of trying keep getting that Frame, makes you want to quit playing, even if you take a few hours or day break. Like its not just that you are frustrated in the moment... changing the day, Warframe, weapons etc won't make you enjoy the activity, you will just despise and resent it and it sours your view of the game... then go the Plat route. 

Good luck. 

Archived