Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Isolation Vaults] Need some advice before I spend time and forma on a frame I don't really play

Leyvonne

Question

Sooo, I finally was able to get back to playing the game and am working through quests and content I haven't touched. Finished Heart of Deimos today and have been trying to do Isolation Vaults with poor success; my main build isn't suited for protecting the bait and the builds I use for defense missions aren't strong enough. I was looking for some solo builds and came across a Nyx build which looked fairly simple, but since it is quite old video (link at end of the post) I'd like to know if it is still viable or if there is something else out there that would be easy / comfortable to play for someone with arthritis (aka slow fingers, can't spam buttons, can't do gottagofast movement or parkour reliably).

Any recommendations and advice for doing this solo would be appreciated.

Spoiler

16 answers to this question

6 часов назад, Leyvonne сказал:

I'd like to know if it is still viable

I had pretty much the same setup last time I was doing vaults bout a month or two ago. So imo it is viable.

As people mentioned, you have a plethora of options regarding warframes. In addition to ones named already I'd throw Octavia in. She can easily defend stuff by dropping mallet + amp, though she will struggle with killing mechs cause those don't care much about mallet and low health pool, yet you'll still be invisible so that helps. Using her with your condition will be hard though, cause going invisible requires to spam crouch button.

I don't recommend running it as a pub, unless you want someone else ot play the game for you. Solo it first, so you know what you're up against. "Pub it once you've done it" is my motto for these things!

I found high RoF weapons work best for its back. I also found the nightwave landing craft charges put them to sleep very effectively. I'm not sure if Equinox could do the same, or Ivara with the sleep arrows.

10 hours ago, Duality52 said:

the enemy Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Shield Maiden no longer reflect damage back at us.

oh? i haven't done Iso Vaults in a while so that's nice if true.

Shield Gating already was a nice buffer so that we could keep attacking even when reflecting and as long as we Killed it before the gate was over we wouldn't Kill ourselves. but i won't complain about not having to balance that line anymore!

Don't use forma on things that you don't really play?

In a matter of act, I'm a huge advocate of not playing stuff that you don't really enjoy just because some youtubers tell you.

My personal advice would be playing in pubs until you have a necramech. i know, but just give it some thoughts, pubs is free, you can do it immediately with zero preparations. And once you have a necramech it will reliably carry you through iso vaults.

First things first in case people aren't aware of: the enemy Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Shield Maiden no longer reflect damage back at us. The former's ability is a damage reduction like Warding Halo, while the latter is far weaker since the health no longer scales.

One thing you should exploit from the Necramechs are their charge attacks. If they hit the wall without hitting you or anyone else directly, their recovery animation will be longer as a result. That will give you ample amounts of time to destroy their arms and core/engine.

Thank you everyone for the replies. Currently testing some of the suggestions and will continue to do so for the next couple of days.

On 2021-08-17 at 5:26 PM, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

I always use Wukong with a simple clone build to solo those things.  Give the clone an AOE weapon or the ignis and let it do most of the heavy lifting.

Why didn't I even think of Wukong :o Breezed through tier 1 vaults so Wukong moves on to round 2.

6 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Infusing Banshee's Silence with Helminth (can you have helminth without doing the Vaults?) makes Necramechs disable their abilities, that is especially handy when handling Voidrigs and their shields.

This. 

Unless they did something to change it, Banshee is easy to make with clan research, then infuse her into Helminth and use Silence on ANY frame you like, and easily shut down Necramechs and make them a joke. 

Once again I get to suggest my boy Nezha.

Have you tried nezha? With the warding halo augment you can put a ring on defense targets.  It's 50% DR but it goes a long way.  Especially with Vazarin healing dash.

His chakram also adds vulnerability which sticks to the mechs. First couple times I solo'd I ran the ignis wraith it's pretty strong in Deimos.

Loid can also be healed by shooting him with your amp. The Mech is usually the hardest part if you don't have strong weapons. They are weak to radiation if memory serves. The weak points should be a blue crack on their backs and their arms.

Also run Pub as it simplifies the fight but people can often screw up the vault sequence. 

Wisp is a pretty good all around frame for the Vaults and their bounties. Defends the bait, speeds up/defends Loid, and lives to tell the story. How well equipped is your arsenal as far as mods and weapons? I can share my builds if you'd like. 

Edit: oh yeah forgot about the mechs lol. Do you have your own mech? Voidrig's 4 mops them pretty quickly. 

49 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

(can you have helminth without doing the Vaults?)

Yes, as far as getting the BP is concerned, I don't remember if all the materials are gettable without the vaults now (it used to be back at the Deimos launch.)

Nyx would work well if you want to use Nyx, sure. as long as you're able to Kill the Infested the Bait will take hardly any Damage when they're all busy attacking each other.

and stripping the Mech with Nyx is one of the various good strategies there too.

32 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

I suggest the use of Ancient Specters.

Besides that, maybe an AoE weapon for the following parts.

Be advised, Necramechs can "only" (there are other methods, yeah, but I'm using my own method as a base for this step specifically) be defeated by hitting weakpoints. That means taking off its arms by shooting at them and then at the engine section on its back. Easiest way to do this is to have it use its thrusters towards you and to dodge it in the last moment. The higher the distance, the longer it takes to recover itself.

20 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

I always use Wukong with a simple clone build to solo those things.  Give the clone an AOE weapon or the ignis and let it do most of the heavy lifting.   With that said, I'm sure a Nyx would do just fine also.

Archived