Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients are no Longer Status Immune

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

if I had to guess, this might be be in preparation for New War, where we'll actually be fighting sentients in high numbers, even more than Orphix Venom. having like 10 sentients attacking at once and all of them status immune (and immune to some powers) would prove problematic for some, whereas now you can inflict status and keep damage ticks on multiple at once. it will work even better if their adaptation only resists the damage tick and not the status proc itself. 

in short, we'll all be grateful for this change when we keep getting bum-rushed by a dozen Conculysts the moment we step foot on the mothership lol.

Swazdo-lah Tenno,

@(PSN)robotwars7 is correct here. Sentients taking Status Effects is now intentional and was a missed patch-note that we’ll update.  In preparation for The New War, we’ve been looking into polishing up and tweaking Sentients in general; this includes the new glowing visual effects on some of them that you may have noticed!

Sentients don’t only adapt, they may even evolve as well...

Previously, Sentients adapting to your damage types could have led to fights drawing out just a little too long at all levels of gameplay. This change allows it so that you don’t need to rely solely on high critical chance / critical damage weapons to take them out. Time to break out the Stug!

This was missed in the patch notes. Apologies for the confusion.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Ruu said:

Swazdo-lah Tenno,

@(PSN)robotwars7 is correct here. Sentients taking Status Effects is now intentional and was a missed patch-note that we’ll update.  In preparation for The New War, we’ve been looking into polishing up and tweaking Sentients in general; this includes the new glowing visual effects on some of them that you may have noticed!

Previously, Sentients adapting to your damage types could have led to fights drawing out just a little too long at all levels of gameplay. This change allows it so that you don’t need to rely solely on high critical chance / critical damage weapons to take them out. Time to break out the Stug!

Ooh, that's very surprising! Looking forward to seeing how they'll fare in battle when the time comes.

(Meanwhile back in my Orbiter)

Umbral Lesion: "My time has come."

HilariousDigitalAkitainu-size_restricted

(I knew putting an Umbra Forma in that thing was the right call!)

2 hours ago, [DE]Ruu said:

Swazdo-lah Tenno,

While we're at it, if we're changing the Sentients to make fighting them en-masse more reasonable, could the team possibly do something about their AOE spam? Every projectile but the Brachiolyst's has a blast radius, and having your sentinel die because a Symbilist started pelting you with the equivalent of an automatic rocket launcher isn't much fun (I avoided the remastered Corpus tileset for almost a year for the exact same reason).

6 hours ago, [DE]Ruu said:

@(PSN)robotwars7 is correct here. Sentients taking Status Effects is now intentional and was a missed patch-note that we’ll update.

This change produced a new bug, so that if a Sentient is affected by a Radiation proc its death does not count for the "Deliver X death blows on Sentients" Riven challenge.

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

While we're at it, if we're changing the Sentients to make fighting them en-masse more reasonable, could the team possibly do something about their AOE spam? Every projectile but the Brachiolyst's has a blast radius, and having your sentinel die because a Symbilist started pelting you with the equivalent of an automatic rocket launcher isn't much fun (I avoided the remastered Corpus tileset for almost a year for the exact same reason).

did u try getting good ?

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

About time, now how about removing status immunity on the rest of the enemies? Sentient bosses like Eidolons and Ropalolyst still has them.

Roplolyst sure but eidolons? I don't know eidolons have been getting easier and eaiser every major update.

7 hours ago, [DE]Ruu said:

Been testing and so far haven't notice anything change with the units when they adapt so far for the evolve thing.

39 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

About time, now how about removing status immunity on the rest of the enemies? Sentient bosses like Eidolons and Ropalolyst still has them.

+1

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Roplolyst sure but eidolons? I don't know eidolons have been getting easier and eaiser every major update.

Not easy enough.... 

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Been testing and so far haven't notice anything change with the units when they adapt so far for the evolve thing.

Perhaps that feature is still in development....

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Easy? Sure. Very gear restrictive? Absolutely. Removing the status immunity opens up to many builds that won't make the hunt just "Use Crit or you're doing it wrong".

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Easy? Sure. Very gear restrictive? Absolutely. Removing the status immunity opens up to many builds that won't make the hunt just "Use Crit or you're doing it wrong".

LoL.... That phrase reminds me of when they nerfed the Xoris... That was their exact reasoning... "Xoris or you're doing it wrong." And yet there's so many other similar situations where DE is fine with the restrictive options.... 

this is interesting but unless they get some sort  of mechanic to prevent it, Sentient drones will just end up becoming another victim of the meta

Status immunity imho has its place but  if its not used then it just buffs the viral/slash mess we are still in.

10 hours ago, Jenthai said:

did u try getting good ?

Ah yes, the typical "pro-gamer" glib dismissal, which assumes that a dislike of a given enemy type is automatically symptomatic of an inability to defeat them. However shall I recover?

I can beat them just fine, it's just not enjoyable to lose your source of radar/vacuum within a few seconds of the fight starting because they got caught in the blast radius of a shot that you dodged. There's also the fact that AOE makes blocking pointless, since the blast will damage you (and your Sentinel) even if the projectile gets blocked.

Hell, if they stripped away the AOE from most of the Sentients' units and replaced it with homing so the shots were harder to dodge in compensation, I'd be cool with that.

Archived