The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Linking warframe.market?

Eidolor

37 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

NO ONE including me have any idea about price change that can occur in the future

If you've studied business/economics/finance you would. Some/many of the same principles can be applied here. So why are you so certain prices will tank.

As an Mr30 I promise not to dump all my stock onto the market for 1p. I assure, many others will also feel the same (and there's plenty of ways for DE to ensure that).

2 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

If you've studied business/economics/finance you would. Some/many of the same principles can be applied here. So why are you so certain prices will tank.

As an Mr30 I promise not to dump all my stock onto the market for 1p. I assure, many others will also feel the same (and there's plenty of ways for DE to ensure that).

I mean NO ONE KNOW FOR SURE we can jest predict with more or less % of being close to truth

Well i would not list anything else than i already do which are syndicate weapons and veiled rivens i get from sortie

But you see we dont play this game alone
And there are hoards of low MR players who need any plat they can make and others that would sell their used bullet shells if they could
So you dont need to study anything other than stupid ppl to be able to use your brain and get little bit of logic from potential situation

Wanna real life example?
Look no further than 1 post below yours where @(XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobijust posted a meme

Did you come here to have discussion with someone? To talk about some issue? Maybe you expect others to do so?
Just so we have a conversation and learn something who knows maybe even end up with same conclusion?

Yet just because others most likely also came here for same reasons
There will always be someone who come here to contribute crap like throw in a meme and contribute absolutely nothing to the issue
He know he have nothing meaningful to add so what should he care for keeping this topic clean?
He throw in some worthless meme no1 asked for no1 needs and no1 wants
He for sure know he shouldnt since at least once he seen mod lecturing someone for not following guidelines which says only constructive criticism and no sh** posting
No hard feelings Obi im not here to tell you how to use ur acc just using you as an example

So from that example just because you know i know and everybody know does not mean we all will behave the same way
And now imagine if you get 1 plat for a post
Imagine amount of worthless post we would have here
Now imagine we have easier method of selling crap without need for our participation after listing our crap

As Bad above me said, it's a third party site. Another important issue to consider is the fact that plat prices are NOT set by them. If they take on the insanity of trying to manage trading with plat, they will become responsible for the pricing insofar as they are going to have to deal with the fallout of scams, exploits and whatever else horrible man can do to fellow man in this context. 

I also think that in the long-term, auction houses and the like will not be in the favour of traders, in as much as I have understood the results of adding such features is the sharp and drastic drop in object pricing. Right now, those who "hustle and grind" for the sale are likely to get far more plat as only a small fraction of the playerbase even care to search up stuff like warframe.market or pricing on there. With an auction house, every player with a prime part they don't need or want, can just walk up to Maroo (for example) and chuck it on there for -1 plat of the current cheapest seller. They were going to turn it into ducats or just have it sitting in their inventory; forgotten and collecting dust anyway. So why not see if they can make some plat for a weapon slot out of the three buckets of parts they didn't know they had. 
Granted, some baron might buy all those 1 plat components up and put them back on for 3 plat. But that's player hustle and it can go rotten real fast. 

3 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

No hard feelings Obi im not here to tell you how to use ur acc just using you as an example

I put the meme up because this comes up time and time again and we all know how it ends. It goes back and forth, 2 people get too heated, it becomes nothing more than a s*** fest and a moderator closes it for being toxic. Let's see...

Oh and I'll add to the discussion. It ain't happening mate. People have been asking for it, others hate the idea. It will split the player base and that's not what DE wants. How do I know? Because this discussion comes up again and again and again and it goes round and round (see previous meme)

Back to trade chat my dude!

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

I put the meme up because this comes up time and time again and we all know how it ends. It goes back and forth, 2 people get too heated, it becomes nothing more than a s*** fest and a moderator closes it for being toxic. Let's see...

Oh and I'll add to the discussion. It ain't happening mate. People have been asking for it, others hate the idea. It will split the player base and that's not what DE wants. How do I know? Because this discussion comes up again and again and again and it goes round and round (see previous meme)

Back to trade chat my dude!

So again you have nothing constructive or meaningful to contribute so you just sh** posting
Again not judging keep doing what you are doing if that suits you

19 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

So again you have nothing constructive or meaningful to contribute so you just sh** posting
Again not judging keep doing what you are doing if that suits you

Right... I'm stopping it here or we're gonna be the 2 people I mentioned earlier.

By the way I've read previous posts you've made, I've seen how you talk to people, I'm not giving you the satisfaction. I'll leave you to return to your bridge. Enjoy mate

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-10-07 at 9:56 PM, Eidolor said:

What would be dangers or concerns?

Don't know don't care... Just make it happen...

On 2021-10-07 at 9:56 PM, Eidolor said:

How much work would this take?

Non at all... Infact DE themselves would only need to give the Community Permission to link the the two... And the community will do the Actual work to implement it just like they always do....

On 2021-10-08 at 9:54 PM, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

By the way I've read previous posts you've made, I've seen how you talk to people, I'm not giving you the satisfaction. I'll leave you to return to your bridge. Enjoy mate

LoL ... Is that a Troll Under The Bridge Reference ? 🤣 You're a Sly Tenno aren't you 😁 !!!

On 2021-10-19 at 4:36 PM, Lutesque said:

Don't know don't care... Just make it happen...

Non at all... Infact DE themselves would only need to give the Community Permission to link the the two... And the community will do the Actual work to implement it just like they always do....

LoL ... Is that a Troll Under The Bridge Reference ? 🤣 You're a Sly Tenno aren't you 😁 !!!

I didnt think people could be that naive regarding what the OP actually suggests. Yes lets grant direct in-game interaction access to some random people hosting a fan-based market site, and let that site handle the transactions. What could ever possibly go wrong with that!? /s

11 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I didnt think people could be that naive regarding what the OP actually suggests. Yes lets grant direct in-game interaction access to some random people hosting a fan-based market site, and let that site handle the transactions. What could ever possibly go wrong with that!? /s

Exactly.... Il trust Random Strangers over the the people who invented Nullifiers 😝.

On 2021-10-07 at 5:41 PM, trst said:

Would never happen. Integrating a third party site would be a nightmare of security and legal issues.

Far as DE making their own service or any form of auction house I hope they never do. The inconvenience of trading is the only thing that's keeping prices from bottoming out which isn't good for anyone.

I agree with the sentiment that it would reduce prices significantly but do you play warframe to trade in fake curreny? If so there are many much better games for that... Most of us play to be space ninjas and sitting it trade chat is just a boring annoying chore that ruins the experience I come to warframe to have. 

On 2021-10-07 at 2:56 PM, Eidolor said:

Linking our game accounts with the site to allow for in-site purchases without having to pm or go to the dojo. Purchases could be delivered to our inboxes. What would be dangers or concerns? How much work would this take?

warframe market is NOT part of Digital Extremes an thus this will never happen.

Danger would be the people who ran warframe market are not affiliated with DE an so nothing could stop them from stealing peoples account info, hijacking accounts, selling off users accounts.

On 2021-10-07 at 8:56 PM, Eidolor said:

Linking our game accounts with the site to allow for in-site purchases without having to pm or go to the dojo. Purchases could be delivered to our inboxes. What would be dangers or concerns? How much work would this take?

But if trading is easy, how will people get frustrated and choose to spend their money instead?

Just now, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Is it linked? As in, can players read up on the wiki while in their orbiter?

No it just opens it in your default internet browser. Awkward that I just now noticed your PSN tag and I don't know if that's there on console.

Though I'm mostly posting that ironically as nobody even knows that link is there anyways.

On 2021-10-07 at 11:04 PM, Yamazuki said:

Trading is designed to feel bad, and is working as intended.

TBQH I've never felt like that, with warframe.market it's been a decent pleasure even. I wouldn't necessarily mind DE buying warframe.market off of the hands of it's developer - even better if they hire said person as a cherry on top, but I'm perfectly content as it is. It works, no problem.

Just now, trst said:

No it just opens it in your default internet browser. Awkward that I just now noticed your PSN tag and I don't know if that's there on console.

Though I'm mostly posting that ironically as nobody even knows that link is there anyways.

No, it's fine. I definitely didn't notice the advertisement for the wiki. On PS4 it would probably open up in-game on a browser, similar to how devstream notifications open up forum posts. 🙂

22 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Doubt that will happen. DE has yet to link the wiki in-game yet.

The wiki is linked via the community tab of the news console in orbiter. If you are playing via steam client it'll open the wiki in the steam overlay browser. In-game. edit: yeah on PS4 I expect the PS browser to be opened over the game, not sure if PS5 still has a browser tho, there was some early cries over it IIRC.

• 5 weeks later...

Auction house implemented ingame would drastically increase supply and prices would lower. Ya know, economics 101, the crossing point between supply and demand where price n quantity meet. Market equilibrium is one of the few things economists agree on lmao.

Thankfully DE is super unlikely to implement an AH because the whales of Warframe would not spend as much on plat.

On 2021-10-07 at 5:22 PM, iPathos said:

This is almost definitely the reason they won't do it or consider it. It acknowledges something players have asked for over half a decade and yet still we have to rely on an IRC with filters.

There's that and also the fact that if anyone took the time to actually search "warmarketman" on the forums, they'd come across the instruction thread.

It's honestly baffling to me that it's so difficult to understand.

DE already has a trade system in game, complete with open bargaining and direct transactions. A player made market with player defined pricing should remain in a player made environment, including risks. Both are fine but shouldn't be mixed. 

• 1 month later...

Proper trade would ruin the easy plat market, even god rivens would cost not more than 150pl.
I could not sell ignis wraith blueprints for 500000pl each anymore
and If 100ducat part is 8 or 9pl now, it will be 1pl. 
Same goes for buying stuff, so it would balance itself out against player trades BUT the issue is elsewhere, issue is that if you need to get 5 rhino prime chassis now to buy 350pl warframe from DE, you need 350rhino chassis afterwards. And to reduce prices of DE's offerings makes no sense business wise.

Warframe market is atm used by fraction of playerbase
to be exact it is used by 8% of players. (standalone launcher+epic launcher+steam launcher online players vs warframe market traders online data displayed on the page)
That means if you put 10 players in one dojo room 0 of them uses warframe market. 
Because people can not "almost use warframe market" you either use it or you do not.

Btw if you want ignis wraith blueprint for 500000pl let me know. I'm official member of trade union with great reputation and known for great deals! Call now and get [Calculated Redirection] for free with each purchase!!! Do not miss out! Limited supply! :baro:

Archived