Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

December 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

3 hours ago, Mixnek said:

Why don't you increase the riven capacity? How many more weapons will it take before you ALLOW us to BUY more slots? There are almost double the weapons one can own a riven for as there are slots. How does that make any sense?

To be fair, do you REALLY want a Riven for every weapon in the game?

13 minutes ago, -OneWingedAngel- said:

To be fair, do you REALLY want a Riven for every weapon in the game?

With nearly double the amount of weapons vs. riven slots, that isn't even a consideration, even thou, I don't see why not. Rivens are pushed as end-game content to high MR-players with the biggest arsenal, plus DE wants to diversify the use of weapons, which makes you think twice about dissolving a "useless" riven, because it might get boosted next time around.

And I don't buy the excuse about how they don't have disc space with the amount of 💩 they have added just this year i.e. Tenet weapons with individual properties for each player.

16 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Corinth and Arca Plasmor buffs poggers.

Grattler needed more than just a 0.1 upgrade imo, Mausolon rivens are near useless too unless you get a half decent roll because of the low stats, among other things, idk if DE takes the Mausolon being the default archgun into account, but it's definitely in a bad spot for Rivens.

As the owner of a crit crit puncture -ammo mausolon riven... lol.

Just lol. This gun deletes anything on steel path, much less normal star chart.

Since we got Galvanized multishot mods that stack up to 3+ bullets I've stopped carrying about riven dispo. Before that my main butthurt was when I had riven rolls to reach 300% multi on my most slow firing weapons and lowering dispo crapped that every time. Now stats like damage and multi are not so important any more and some other stats are better that either let you fuse a few mods into one or reach 100+ crit chance or some QoL stats (flight speed, -recoil)

4 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

As the owner of a crit crit puncture -ammo mausolon riven... lol.

Just lol. This gun deletes anything on steel path, much less normal star chart.

Sure, but the dispo is so low it really isn't worth slotting over something else, with people charging up the wazoo for prices for the rivens, it doesn't make sense to me.

I've done the math enough to know my build for it is near optimal, and even outdamages the top-rated build on overframe (not much of an achievement but eh), I'm assuming you have something rare enough to have higher stats over alternatives, which to me seems like an outlier in terms of experience with rivens.

3 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Sure, but the dispo is so low it really isn't worth slotting over something else, with people charging up the wazoo for prices for the rivens, it doesn't make sense to me.

I've done the math enough to know my build for it is near optimal, and even outdamages the top-rated build on overframe (not much of an achievement but eh), I'm assuming you have something rare enough to have higher stats over alternatives, which to me seems like an outlier in terms of experience with rivens.

A .5 riven can yield 200-250% damage per "bullet" if properly formed, so the "not really though" argument was never valid, even for melee and even after galvanized mods/kill count arcanes; nevermind a mod that yields QoL changes specific to a particular weapon, which is why you will see batS#&$ prices.

On 2021-12-15 at 1:43 PM, cafe41 said:

Why are you only updating most used weapons instead of non-used ?

Vast majority of non-used weapons already sit in a sweet spot disposition-wise, thanks to previous dispo changes.

Those weapons didn't receive any buffs to base stats and their popularity remained the same (or didn't get lower enough to deserve a small dispo bump).

On 2021-12-16 at 4:51 PM, -Kittens- said:

A .5 riven can yield 200-250% damage per "bullet" if properly formed

I'm not exactly sure where you're pulling these stats from to be honest. In my personal experience I've never seen a 0.5 riven go above maybe 50-60% damage. And see my earlier point, a "properly formed" riven is outside the norm for riven rolls and is as such an outlier, you have to spend often ridiculous amounts of kuva to get the specific "god roll" some refer it as.

On 2021-12-16 at 4:51 PM, -Kittens- said:

even for melee and even after galvanized mods/kill count arcanes

Sure but I'm not sure where they come into the equation when what I'm questioning is the actual useability of a riven tied to such a low disposition weapon. If anything it just fuels the argument that the alternatives are better than using the riven.

Plus, "QoL mods" don't exist for most weapons, you usually have to make do with mods that improve the weapon's stats such as reload speed or magazine sizes, I'm assuming you're referring to mods such as the Ogris that has the Napalm augment.

On 2021-12-15 at 10:25 PM, Mixnek said:

With nearly double the amount of weapons vs. riven slots, that isn't even a consideration, even thou, I don't see why not. Rivens are pushed as end-game content to high MR-players with the biggest arsenal, plus DE wants to diversify the use of weapons, which makes you think twice about dissolving a "useless" riven, because it might get boosted next time around.

And I don't buy the excuse about how they don't have disc space with the amount of 💩 they have added just this year i.e. Tenet weapons with individual properties for each player.

So as expected, you just need to horde more "just in case" something you're never gonna touch becomes popular so you can sell it or just have it in case there's a new bandwagon to jump on etc.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So as expected, you just need to horde more "just in case" something you're never gonna touch becomes popular so you can sell it or just have it in case there's a new bandwagon to jump on etc.

Somebody has to "horde" so that you can buy them after. I will take your comment as a Thank you. No problem, buddy.

18 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

You can keep more Rivens than allowed by just opting out of the menu that asks you to dissolve a riven when you're over the cap, though I'm not sure what the specific limits for that are (such as if you can buy new ones via riven shards or Teshin), I'd imagine it disables trading (recieving a riven) also.

Why do you think we are asking for more slots, if you could just have infinite by closing a prompt?

On 2021-12-15 at 8:06 AM, DarknessNightshade said:

Corinth and Arca Plasmor buffs poggers.

Grattler needed more than just a 0.1 upgrade imo, Mausolon rivens are near useless too unless you get a half decent roll because of the low stats, among other things, idk if DE takes the Mausolon being the default archgun into account, but it's definitely in a bad spot for Rivens.

Of course the Maus has terrible riven dispo - it's probably the strongest archgun AND is incredibly popular. It's not getting a good riven dispo unless an archgun comes along to unseat it.

On 2021-12-15 at 6:09 PM, (NSW)isoTONER said:

They wait 6 months to collect usage data before changing the dispo of new weapons.

that is not exactly true. Kompressa was buffed 8th september and yareli was released in 6th july (2 months). Astilla p. and volnus p. were also buffed in september, and those weapons were released in may 25th (a bit more than 3 months)....so.....

Archived