Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star gates between relays .

(PSN)Poisonshank

Would be brilliant to get star gates between relays and cetus fortuna and deimos. And it would be even Better if we could access our foundries at each of these location. You could use the requiem symbols to trigger the gates. And if we could get trade stations. Also id like to be able to have a credit loan station were people can loan credits off you at a 10% interest rate. failure to pay on time puts a price on your head. Bit of light hearted fun.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Poisonshank said:

Would be brilliant to get star gates between relays and cetus fortuna and deimos. And it would be even Better if we could access our foundries at each of these location. You could use the requiem symbols to trigger the gates. And if we could get trade stations. Also id like to be able to have a credit loan station were people can loan credits off you at a 10% interest rate. failure to pay on time puts a price on your head. Bit of light hearted fun.

star trek GIF

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Our equivalent to star gates are solar rails

Huh? Go play the Void or Derelict Sabotage missions again. Orokin Void Portals are Warframe's equivalent of stargates. You can even see stars on the water-like surface of the portal.

7 hours ago, OniDax said:

Huh? Go play the Void or Derelict Sabotage missions again. Orokin Void Portals are Warframe's equivalent of stargates. You can even see stars on the water-like surface of the portal.

A star gate is a portal, but not all portals are star gates. Void portals are just that. There are numerous void portals, even on Deimos vaults.

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

A star gate is a portal, but not all portals are star gates. Void portals are just that. There are numerous void portals, even on Deimos vaults.

The Void Portal in the Void Sabotage mission in the Void tileset and the Void Portal in the Derelict Sabotage mission in the Derelict tileset are the closest things in Warframe to stargates. They are round. They spin when activating. They have a watery surface. You can literally see stars on that surface. I specifically mentioned those missions, not anything to do with Deimos or any other place than the Void tileset and the Derelict tileset. Furthermore, there is nothing about the Solar Rails that directly resemble stargates, nor function like them. And yes, I'm specifically referring to their presentation in the movie and various series referred to as Stargate, as others have referenced here.

13 hours ago, OniDax said:

Stargates connect two (far away from each other) points in space.

Void Portals connect points in "the universe" with points in the Void (whatever the Void actually truly is lol).

Like, the Void is not simply a physical location in "real" space you could just travel to with a regular ol' space ship, despite how the Star Chart makes it look.

Anyway, some direct access to certain functions no matter which hub you're on, that I can totally get behind
(not least, being able to access Navigation to see e.g. Invasions or Plains day / night status while in Fortuna would be swell).

18 hours ago, (PSN)Poisonshank said:

Sounds like an amazing idea to instant transport from places to many locations without going through the orbiter. 

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Stargates connect two (far away from each other) points in space.

Void Portals connect points in "the universe" with points in the Void (whatever the Void actually truly is lol).

Like, the Void is not simply a physical location in "real" space you could just travel to with a regular ol' space ship, despite how the Star Chart makes it look.

Anyway, some direct access to certain functions no matter which hub you're on, that I can totally get behind
(not least, being able to access Navigation to see e.g. Invasions or Plains day / night status while in Fortuna would be swell).

The Void Portal connects a physical point in space (Void Portal in an Orokin Tower) with another physical point in space (Void Portal on a planet). It functions the exact same as a stargate.

Also, if you can't travel to the Void with a space ship, how did the Zariman enter and exit the Void?

Anyway, it's a neat idea by the OP but it's unlikely DE would do it,

2 hours ago, OniDax said:

The Void Portal connects a physical point in space (Void Portal in an Orokin Tower) with another physical point in space (Void Portal on a planet).

The Orokin Towers are not in space, they're in the Void.

Think of it as a ... parallel dimension I guess, traveling to and from the Void is not about
simply crossing physical distance, but instead crossing the barrier between dimensions.

3 hours ago, OniDax said:

if you can't travel to the Void with a space ship, how did the Zariman enter and exit the Void?

The whole "Void Jump" part sounds to me like an engine that allows breaking the dimensional barrier more or less at will,
without stationary portals or anything that cumbersome / limiting being needed.

27 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

The Orokin Towers are not in space, they're in the Void.

Think of it as a ... parallel dimension I guess, traveling to and from the Void is not about
simply crossing physical distance, but instead crossing the barrier between dimensions.

The whole "Void Jump" part sounds to me like an engine that allows breaking the dimensional barrier more or less at will,

The assertions you're making are simply wrong. The Derelicts are in space and the portals are in the Derelict as well. The Tower being in the Void doesn't change that. By the way, there's a similar portal on Lua in one of the puzzle rooms. These Orokin portals are not special because they're in the Void. They use the Void to transport individuals from one physical space to another, because the Towers are physical spaces. That's not debatable. In effect, it's used like a wormhole. The same way solar rails work. The difference is, the Orokin portals are inspired by the stargates. The solar rails aren't.

13 hours ago, OniDax said:

The Void Portal in the Void Sabotage mission in the Void tileset and the Void Portal in the Derelict Sabotage mission in the Derelict tileset are the closest things in Warframe to stargates. They are round. They spin when activating. They have a watery surface. You can literally see stars on that surface. I specifically mentioned those missions, not anything to do with Deimos or any other place than the Void tileset and the Derelict tileset. Furthermore, there is nothing about the Solar Rails that directly resemble stargates, nor function like them. And yes, I'm specifically referring to their presentation in the movie and various series referred to as Stargate, as others have referenced here.

This is your mistake (the bolded part): Stargate series/movies didn't created the concept of star gates.

Star gates in sci-fi are usually large structures located in space that allows massive ships to travel from one place to another. Stargates are "big portals". You are just describing any portal, look at this:

063ef1101314287.Y3JvcCwxMzgwLDEwODAsMjcwLDA.png

You can see that portal has almost everything from your description: "They are round. They spin when activating. They have a watery surface.". Most portals in media shares the same representation, its almost an archetype to this point. That's from RIck and Morty btw.

And Deimos Vaults have the same "round portals with wattery surface with stars" inside, that allows you to travel from certain rooms to another room inside the vault. You can find one in the "puzzle" with the giant "mouth" that spits acid on you and you have to defeat with a giant orokin ball ornament. Lua also has many portals inside (and even time travel).

Believing that "star gates" are definied by the series "stargate" is like thinking that the term "Alien" was invented by "Alien" movies (the ones that features xenomorphs). Very awkward if you ask me.

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:
10 hours ago, OniDax said:

Also, if you can't travel to the Void with a space ship, how did the Zariman enter and exit the Void?

Perintol said of the terraformers the Orokin sent to Tau: "They will build an interstellar rail as they travel". This implies that the vessels which would subsequently bring colonists to Tau would be using the Rail to do so.

Conclusion: the Zariman needed to use the Rails to jump through the Void, like most spaceships.

Only the Railjacks can jump straight into the Void -- due to having a Reliquary Drive installed, they don't need to use the Rails.

9 hours ago, vanaukas said:

This is your mistake (the bolded part): Stargate series/movies didn't created the concept of star gates.

Star gates in sci-fi are usually large structures located in space that allows massive ships to travel from one place to another. Stargates are "big portals". You are just describing any portal, look at this:

063ef1101314287.Y3JvcCwxMzgwLDEwODAsMjcwLDA.png

You can see that portal has almost everything from your description: "They are round. They spin when activating. They have a watery surface.". Most portals in media shares the same representation, its almost an archetype to this point. That's from RIck and Morty btw.

And Deimos Vaults have the same "round portals with wattery surface with stars" inside, that allows you to travel from certain rooms to another room inside the vault. You can find one in the "puzzle" with the giant "mouth" that spits acid on you and you have to defeat with a giant orokin ball ornament. Lua also has many portals inside (and even time travel).

Believing that "star gates" are definied by the series "stargate" is like thinking that the term "Alien" was invented by "Alien" movies (the ones that features xenomorphs). Very awkward if you ask me.

But see, I never said that star gates are defined by the series. I was referencing the series because 1) others made reference to it in this post, and 2) the similarity of the Orokin portals to the series' depiction of stargates. I mentioned both of those things. Specifically for that reason. The other reason I made the specific reference to the movie and various series' depiction of star gates is because the way in which the OP describes star gates is closest to the way in which the Orokin portals work and the way in which they work in the Stargate franchise. As in, they are portals from one physical space to another. In this case, they would be portals from the the relays to planets, and vice versa. That's why I mention it. The OP's idea of star gates isn't as a transportation device from one star system to another (as they were originally built in the Stargate series and what the broader concept of a star gate entails). The OP's idea is closest to the function of the stargates in the series (which is really a link from one portal to another, a magic door if you will) and the function of the Orokin portals.

That's why I say the Orokin, or Void, Portal is the closest thing, not the solar rail. A solar rail wouldn't connect the relays to Cetus, Fortuna, and Deimos. An Orokin portal would. And that's how the stargates in the series function as well. Therefore, the closest thing to a star gate, as the OP describes their idea and as a popular Canadian-American sci fi series depicts them, is the Orokin portal seen in places like the Orokin tower, the Derelict, and Lua. I'm not wrong regarding the way the Orokin portals work or how they are the closest thing to what the OP suggests.

On 2022-02-02 at 3:06 AM, OniDax said:

But see, I never said that star gates are defined by the series. I was referencing the series because 1) others made reference to it in this post, and 2) the similarity of the Orokin portals to the series' depiction of stargates. I mentioned both of those things. Specifically for that reason. The other reason I made the specific reference to the movie and various series' depiction of star gates is because the way in which the OP describes star gates is closest to the way in which the Orokin portals work and the way in which they work in the Stargate franchise. As in, they are portals from one physical space to another. In this case, they would be portals from the the relays to planets, and vice versa. That's why I mention it. The OP's idea of star gates isn't as a transportation device from one star system to another (as they were originally built in the Stargate series and what the broader concept of a star gate entails). The OP's idea is closest to the function of the stargates in the series (which is really a link from one portal to another, a magic door if you will) and the function of the Orokin portals.

That's why I say the Orokin, or Void, Portal is the closest thing, not the solar rail. A solar rail wouldn't connect the relays to Cetus, Fortuna, and Deimos. An Orokin portal would. And that's how the stargates in the series function as well. Therefore, the closest thing to a star gate, as the OP describes their idea and as a popular Canadian-American sci fi series depicts them, is the Orokin portal seen in places like the Orokin tower, the Derelict, and Lua. I'm not wrong regarding the way the Orokin portals work or how they are the closest thing to what the OP suggests.

ok

Archived