Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing solo is zero fun for this reason

ColdWavE89

The number of enemies drammatically decrease. I know it is some kind of way for belancing the game, but it's really a bad thing to me.

EXAMPLE:

I like to play solo Survival mission because I don't want to follow other players in order for the enemies to come to me. Only if all 4 players are in the same spot their number is accettable and funny to play. If I play solo I can't even maintain my combo counter. I don't find enough of them (I tried sorties, all planets, arbitrations etc).

SOLUTION

No matter what level they are, this problem is for me something frustrating. I would really like to play solo survival mission with hundreds of enemies to come to kill me. I know that this could maybe penalize some low level players, but the problem could be solved just to make it happen with some setting. For example, starting "solo" could be set like it is now, and starting "friends only" could start a full populated mission but with one player. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Playing solo mission sometimes feel like I just got there during their christmas day. Everyone is at home. Is this a feature only I suffer?

Get to Steel Path: To my knowledge the spawn rates are set as though 4 players are in a mission such as Survival, even when playing solo.

More enemies make the game easier though in my opinion and I'd prefer fewer enemies that are more durable in order for the AI to kick in. Enemies can also do with a slight (5 - 10%) buff in some animations, so they have a bit of time to actually implement the AI. AI itself can also be changed a little, so as not to be so easy going on players in the "hard mode".

i agree. unless you're playing nekros or some other farm frame, you can't last long in normal survival... 

in steel path, it's easier because there are lots of enemies to kill so the RNG is less annoying to deal with.

but normal steel path has so few enemies and you have to pray that enemies will drop life support. sometimes you killed literally everything in the map and life support wont drop.

it's also really hard to maintain your stacks (combo, galvanized mods, arcanes) because there aren't enough enemies to kill

btw, OP never said he can't play steel path. sometimes you have to play normal survival (sorties, arbitrations, etc)

Steel Path finally fixed this for the solo spawns, but yeah agreed. In regular chart, Onslaught, Arbitration solo spawns are all garbage when solo.

Devs think they're helping solo players, but in reality they're the ones making it more difficult. Regardless this game is still better solo, attempting arbitration survivals solo is still better than dealing with randoms.

well in the past i took beginners under my wing and it worked well for survivals
now i guess i would just look out for afk players
but than again i dont have the problem in survival mission in normal mod enemys die like flys anyways so no need for getting a combo counter for me
and steelpath has even more enemys so there it works fine

If you are referring to playing solo survival with melee weapons, and then you sit in one place. Off course, your not going to be able to keep up your combo counter. If you are a melee main, and I'm talking from experience as I am one my self, you have to move around a lot. As when you are playing solo the enemies will be naturally in lower numbers, but they still spawn at the somewhat same rate. The problem only stands if you stay still and think that they will come to you. If you also then are using a frame with mass AOE damage, off course your not going to see the combo counter stay up as everything is dead before you come to it. Bear also in mind that for better outcome as a melee main you should invest time into Naramon as you can get the the passive ability Power Spike; Melee combo counter decays while out of combat every few seconds instead of depleting completely.

There are also other tricks to keep your combo counter up longer, but remember that melee combo counter can only be sustained if you keep using it all the time.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

... Someone isn't good enough to run Steel Path solo, and chose to complain about regular mode Solo spawns instead...

Hes not wrong you know? People have asked for a way to boost spawn rates in the game to 4+ years before Steel Path was a thing.

And yes, maybe he cant take on Steel Path, there are still players out there that would just prefer a chill run with normal level mobs but higher spawn.

If non-steel path solo missions do finally have their spawns increased, it should not tied to whether or not you're set to 'solo' or 'friends/invite only'.  One of the really nice features of being set to 'Solo' is being able to pause the game at any time, with the exception of open worlds.  Unless the matchmaking settings also get a change that enables the pause functionality based on the number of people in the squad (1) rather than it being dependent on it being Solo mode, then adjusting spawn rates for solo players should be handled in a different manner, otherwise we'd be getting one QoL thing fixed but losing another.

... Someone isn't good enough to run Steel Path solo, and chose to complain about regular mode Solo spawns instead...

When there is option to turn off buffs & level then we can talk...

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Hes not wrong you know? People have asked for a way to boost spawn rates in the game to 4+ years before Steel Path was a thing.

And yes, maybe he cant take on Steel Path, there are still players out there that would just prefer a chill run with normal level mobs but higher spawn.

I can still have "challenging" runs on normal nodes. But yeah, non-sp is more forgiving which some of us love.

2 hours ago, ColdWavE89 said:

Enemy spawn is not always optimal (not too much not too low) not only for Survival. Some maps used (I'm not sure about recent version) to have horrible spawns that even 5 waves of defense lasts more than half hour (without frames like Nova or Nukers).

I've recently played Grendel mission. In Excavations, first, I don't know, 20 minutes were fine. Next hour I could barely see an enemy. I couldn't even "upgrade" excavators because there weren't "Carriers".

29 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Hes not wrong you know?

Can you please point out where I said he was wrong?

26 minutes ago, quxier said:

When there is option to turn off buffs & level then we can talk...

If you need an option to get it to your preference then there would never be a debate to be had in the first place even if an option becomes available, as preferences are never debatable since consensus over preferences is impossible by nature.

If you think otherwise then~ I don't know what to tell you.

If you need an option to get it to your preference then there would never be a debate to be had in the first place even if an option becomes available, as preferences are never debatable since consensus over preferences is impossible by nature.

If you think otherwise then~ I don't know what to tell you.

Oh... I didn't meant to talk or not. I should be more clear.

I meant that SP isn't for everyone. If we could turn off SP buffs & level (just normal <100 level) then "that SP" can be considered as alternative.

13 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

^ this 100%

Like give me optional bots or something to help increase enemy spawns in normal missions.

Its beautiful in sp. Got a team playing survival like its an extermination mission, killing a few enemies and headin out, not a problem anymore as enemies still spawn like crazy, giving you something to do

I absolutely cannot play any other endurance mission in warframe when players drop below 3. The enemy spawns get stupid boring. 

Ill never forget the time i was all happy to do a Europa excavation mission solo with my doggo, planned on going for an hour, didnt even make it pass 10 minutes. The enemy spawn was so bad that in 10 minutes that i was only on my 2nd excavator waiting on the dudes with batteries to spawn in. I was just sitting there spam crouching with my doggo, pretending we were bobbing our heads to some non existing heavy metal music, while also going insane waiting for something, ANYTHING to spawn

Just dreadful

Ok seems like somehow even talking about this makes me being attacked like this 

Le 22/02/2022 à 18:49, Uhkretor a dit :

But I actually can finish a solo survival mission with Revenant with 0% damage taken in Steel Path. I know how to break game mechanics and I am not whining for the game difficulty at all (this game has everything except difficulty, and it's ok because its relaxing)

Guys my complain is about the fun factor. Playing solo in this game is not funny at all, even if sometimes you are "forced" to play solo due to the lack of players in some star charts I like or need. The combo counter was just an example, another thing I like very much is to play with some op frames like Vauban with his vortex, guys there are no enemies in that vortex (just a couple or two). When I play in full populated missions with people actually stay together, that same skill is AWESOME and super fun to play.

This said, seems like I am the only one thinking this is a problem. I am about to left the game due to this, I have a lot of hours of gameplay and I am one of the players that don't care about MR but care only of being strong and efficient in battle (and HAVE FUN!).

By the way thanks everyone for sharing your opinion, except this "kiddo" up there

I think a better solution would be a gear item consumed at the start of mission to increase spawn rates. I'd love to be able to have 4 player spawns in solo, steel path is great and all but I don't always want to do steel path. 

42 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I think a better solution would be a gear item consumed at the start of mission to increase spawn rates. I'd love to be able to have 4 player spawns in solo, steel path is great and all but I don't always want to do steel path. 

Sounds good too, like maybe we can carry some sort of artifact that an enemy faction really wants, so they max spawns to hunt you down

my complain is about the fun factor.

The "ever changing and yet very dependent on the player" factor...

Ok, let me explain what you didn't seem to get... But first...

By the way thanks everyone for sharing your opinion

I shared my opinion, just like anyone else... You most likely read my 2nd post but~ it seems that it was pretty much the same as not being there or something else entirely different...

... Doesn't matter, really... Your account, your game, your analysis...

Even if others do share their opinion, whether you like that opinion or not, it doesn't change in the slightest what you perceive as a "problem"... You know, that "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" factor...?

Its very player dependent, even if you think that its not... You don't find "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" factor when playing Solo... Sure, ok, there's that choice of joining other players for "something", whatever it is... Why my insistence on calling it "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" instead what its really called? Because it does depend on the player... Its a variable, that changes with the player and in a squad of 4, there are 4 different variables at work in a single squad... Maybe that fact justifies the "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" factor's existence?

... Maybe... A player has the right to search what he/she wants from an entertainment product...

I, however, get my "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" from doing the exact opposite of those that get higher "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" by running in squads... I also get peace of mind without worrying with 3 variables that may vary between 1 and -9999... And I disable the UI just for kicks, because Steel Path is that difficult without resorting to game breaking mechanics...

Again... A player has the right to search what he/she wants from an entertainment product...

Now, the part that you didn't get...

this "kiddo" up there

^ this ^, as I'm not going to repeat something that is being quoted, does not debate preferential variables, such as the "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" variable, for one simple reason... It does not offer any result, or reach any consensus, anywhere for the simple reason that any participant across the forum already have their own ideals, thoughts, evaluations and preferences already built-in and unable to change, and that is very noticeable through acts of dismissal such as

this "kiddo" up there

Or worse...

But hey, anyone can do Steel Path just fine with a Revenant... Even my 3-year old nephew does that just fine, Solo... But, you know, I get my "ever changing yet very dependent on the player" from challenging myself with interactive entertainment products such as Warframe, seeing how far I can go and how much I can squeeze from my bag of flesh in terms of speed across the board...

Some people call me "hardcore tryhard", but I don't think they know what a "hardcore tryhard" really is... Its like people throwing out disabilities to justify their inability while having no disabilities whatsoever because they have absolutely no idea what a disability is...

... Just... Let that thought sink in...

... Do you know why DE made non-SP missions have squad size dependent spawn numbers?

18 hours ago, ColdWavE89 said:

This said, seems like I am the only one thinking this is a problem.

Nah, it's been a problem for years, and still is.  I think the only reason you're not getting bigger support is it's much improved in Steel Path, which has given many people a better alternative.

18 hours ago, ColdWavE89 said:

Only one person, AFAICT.   Just ignore or tune out if you don't find anything useful in what they say.  Or /report if you feel they've crossed the line.  Personally I  wouldn't think so, but we have moderators to sort this stuff out.

21 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

shared my opinion, just like anyone else...

If you had just said:

On 2022-02-22 at 1:30 PM, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

Go to Steel Path. More enemies spawn there, even when solo.

Like a respectful individual, there'd be no issue, as thats what "just an opinion" actually looks like, but like a troll or something, you went out of your way to be rude too and say

On 2022-02-22 at 12:49 PM, Uhkretor said:

You attacked their character for no good reason. If you just think steel path should be the only place for increased enemy spawns, say that, theres no reason to be disrespectful about it.

Why i think youre trolling sometimes, its obvious that you do not 'just say your opinion', you be adding on insults and uncalled for judgements of people, and then are so surprised when people snap on you 😒

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

You attacked their character for no good reason. If you just think steel path should be the only place for increased enemy spawns, say that, theres no reason to be disrespectful about it.

Interpretation is subjective to the player, as well as the perceptions. Hence why misinterpretations happen, like the one you just did.

If I wanted to attack someone's character, I would've done so directly, clearly and so strongly I would be getting a Warning Point... Which I didn't. So, your perception that I attacked his character is wrong and biased..

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Why i think youre trolling sometimes, its obvious that you do not 'just say your opinion', you be adding on insults and uncalled for judgements for no reason, and then are so surprised when people snap on you

Of course I give opinions... When I feel its necessary and can potentially influence the receiving audience, whoever it is, in a positive manner.

Again, interpretations are subjective to the player that reads it, as well as any perceptions from said player. If a player sees my opinion as having more between the lines than what it shows, I can't do anything about it... However, I can only wonder how you suddenly saw a roll of "insults and uncalled judgements for no reason" from a simple sentence with 19 words that has absolutely nothing you claim it has.

... Your perception in that aspect is also wrong and biased.

Do not derail the thread any further. At least, show that much respect for the Author.

19 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

misinterpretations

😑

On 2022-03-01 at 9:17 PM, ColdWavE89 said:

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Only one person, AFAICT.   Just ignore or tune out if you don't find anything useful in what they say. 

Agreed cause as you can see, cant go anywhere with them. Apparanently we all misunderstood what was said. There was no attack and no way for them to say it better 🙃

Am out ✌️sorry for derialing your post ColdWav, just ignore em. 🥀

Archived