Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightwave tasks coming March 13th

DreisterDino

1 hour ago, sitfesz said:

Nightwave went from game to homework. You better do your captura and shake hands or you get suspended.

I get where you're coming from but this is a pretty weird analogy. There is no consequence to not doing certain challenges. Sure, you might not progress as quickly but in my experience you have way more than enough time to complete the season, even if you are only doing challenges you like.

1 minute ago, QuestWasTaken said:

I get where you're coming from but this is a pretty weird analogy. There is no consequence to not doing certain challenges. Sure, you might not progress as quickly but in my experience you have way more than enough time to complete the season, even if you are only doing challenges you like.

I have been having eye problems I'm currently in the hospital for and barely played at all this season. I still maxed out shortly after TNW and only did tasks I felt like doing even when I did have time to play.

I just don't get this talk of being forced. It makes zero sense to me. You can play super casual and make it. If you play regularly and do any varies amount of content, you should get there literally without even trying.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I have been having eye problems I'm currently in the hospital for and barely played at all this season. I still maxed out shortly after TNW and only did tasks I felt like doing even when I did have time to play.

I just don't get this talk of being forced. It makes zero sense to me. You can play super casual and make it. If you play regularly and do any varies amount of content, you should get there literally without even trying.

Very simple

It's same situation as with ppl who request nerfs instead of unequipping mods on their own

People feel obligated to use/do something just because it exists there

Kinda same way our parents feel forced to watch over us and check do we brush teeths
No one if forcing them they just know that kind of issue exist and they FEEL forced to do something about it

Or as you wish some ppl feel forced to reply to others in pointless exchange of arguments on forums
Just because someone wrote something

That's a whole lot of complaining for no reason.

Some tasks are basically tutorial ? Good, why couldn't there be that kind of tasks in the roster ? Nightwave doesn't have to conform to any rigid theme or anything.

Kill 20 ennemies in 5 secs is good because it'll push people to approach the game in creative ways ? Really ? Wanna know my creative way of doing it ? Either phump phump my tonkor down a corridor or spam melee while walking in the general direction of the ennemies. Would require many more restrictions to induce creativity, like at least forbiding the use of aoe launchers.

The handshake is absolutly not an issue. When there is the index task, 9 out of 10 times the pug I get into is full of people there solely going for this task. And so I bet that whenever the handshake task will be around, all relays and hubs are gonna be full of people waiting with their hand extended. Yes, an extremely small minority of people that can only play during the emptiest hours of the day might miss out on that 1k standing, big deal.

So you're ok with people stockpiling sculptures in fear of running out for nightwave, but you're not ok when the exact same thing is done for slivers because... ?

The excav one... first, it's not a glitch, it's just spawn rng mixed with solo low population. (I agree that they should have guaranteed cell carriers, but that's not a glitch). Second, it's almost as if you're expected to play around the task, crazy I know. Instead of consuming every cell as they arrive and be surprised that they keep failing the task, one could very easily stockpile a few before activating the excav. OR one could go into any random pug where the task is bound to be completed even by accident. OR, if solo is the only option for some reason, one could go on SP and have high spawn rate all mission long.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You can play super casual and make it. If you play regularly and do any varies amount of content, you should get there literally without even trying.

Yea. I started the current one halfway through because I just came back to the game after a break. Ignoring the challenge and just play the game and I'm sitting at prestige 12. Could be much higher if I got sweaty with it, I bet. 

While I don't feel forced to do it, I do get it when other people do. When you put a goal there, most players feel compelled to do it. You give it a nice sound fx and visual representation when the challenge is complete and it trigger that dopamine hit. It's the carrot on a stick. And it works, as it will always works. 

But seeing as how easy it is to get NW done, I don't really care much. Partly because I went all tryhard during the wolf and 1st intermission and it was not an enjoyable experience. So when I don't have fun with it, I just stop doing it.

Out of curiosity though. Most of the time when other player see me in a handshake pose, they usually don't leave me hanging. Is this behavior only common in my region?

The handshake and 'pointless' challenges are all dailies and make up a tiny (about 16%) portion of total nightwave rep added per week if you do them all.

For riven mod the farm component isn't that big of a deal (there are also Railjack and Requiem relics in addition to Steel Path to top off on silvers) and you could keep 10 silvers backed up but it could be an issue if the challenge recovers after already claiming a riven mod for the week 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb trst:

I don't see a problem with any of these.

Shaking someone's hand isn't some impossible task if you have friends or a clan. Even then just going to any relay and asking for someone to would get it cleared.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb RazerXPrime:

The others seem fine and doable for mostly anyone

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Tesseract7777:

So now we are complaining of nw tasks being too easy? Can't we just enjoy the easy points. I guess we can't have nice things, because everything is always wrong to the everything is always wrong crowd.

I just want to point again that my post was not about difficulty, its not about whether a task is hard or easy.

I was just pointing out that so many tasks feel pointless and stupid to me, and that i wonder what the identity of Nightwave is supposed to be.

All i am saying is that there is an obvious difference between "take a screenshot" and stuff like "kill 2 enemies with a single bow shot".

Both are really easy, both dont take a lot of time, still i think that one of these tasks offers a little bit fun to do while the other one seems completly pointless and annoying.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb trst:

But does it matter if a task takes three seconds if it's done in or out of a mission? We already have ones like place a glyph, use an emote, or mark resources.

Well, thats what i am saying - for me it does matter. And the tasks you mentioned like the glyph or emote are equally stupid imo😄

I think it is a difference if you have tasks (no matter how hard/easy or short/long) that either 

• make you play the game and do either useful stuff (like opening relics) or simply fun or interesting stuff (like the bow task) or
  • make you do completly pointless stuff which doesnt get you anything, is insultingly boring and just exists to occupy the player

Like i said, i think Nightwave has the potential to entertain both vets and new players with either interesting and fun or at least useful challenges. Even the tasks like "do vault runs", "kill a specter", "do ESO" etc are kind of a good tool to make vets deviate from their usual play pattern (which gets them bored) while at the same time it gives new players an overview about what there is in the game and some sort of a guideline on what to do if they want or need one.

I am sure you all know these "i am burnt out from Warframe", "i am burnt out from Nightwave", "i just run around the Orbiter, do some fashion and log out again" statements which you hear frequently from vets. I think there are tasks which can make this feeling go away and entertain vets while also rewarding them for that. And then there are tasks which even enhance the feeling of burn out: and the tasks i listed under "pointless" fall exactly under that category. Sure, they are easy, they are quick - but are they entertaining? No. But maybe i am wrong and the logical conclusion would be to add a challenge like "change the syandana on 3 Warframes" and everybody is happy.

I still dont get their idea behind the pointless tasks. They want us to engage with more content of the game, how exactly does sticking gems into an ayatan, painting a glyph, doing an emote or shaking a random stranger achieve any of that?

IMO it is about time they add a way for us to pick our acts so we can do interesting things to fill the weekly cap. Or am I wierd for wanting to play the actual game? :clem:💩🤔

On 2022-02-25 at 2:49 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Lol we'll have six months to do this,  just do the crap you can be bothered to do.

Or not, whatever 🤷‍♀️

And you won't reach the cap. There's no way I'm going to reach 120 by March 13th.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SneakyErvin:

Or am I wierd for wanting to play the actual game? :clem:💩🤔

Regarding some of the replies i got here i also wondered if i should feel sorry for prefering tasks that involve actually playing the game (i dont). Sometimes i get the feeling that for some people something is already considered "good" or at least acceptable/not worth to complain about just because its "not hard". Doesnt matter how questionable a system is, you always get answers like "why do you complain? its not hard".

Had the same feeling with the process of generating a Lich when i talked about it. The system still leads to rather stupid situations in which you run a basic starchart-mission a large amount of time because of RNG just to get the process started which can take almost as long as hunting and killing the Lich itself, but people seem to be happy already just because the Update didnt make things worse. No one said that they actually enjoy the process or think that its good gamedesign, but complaining about it gets shut down partly for the reason that its not that hard.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb SneakyErvin:

I still dont get their idea behind the pointless tasks. They want us to engage with more content of the game, how exactly does sticking gems into an ayatan, painting a glyph, doing an emote or shaking a random stranger achieve any of that?

Yeah thats why i wonder if Nightwave is supposed to be some sort of a Tutorial like "did you know you can use emotes?". But like i mentioned before, a system like Nightwave isnt suitable to be something like that imo. Maybe they really think its actually fun to make people use emotes or that it makes the players socialize more in Relays like some poster here suggested, and i do at least understand the thought process behind that. At the same time, i highly doubt that that a Nightwave task like this really leads to people socializing more, most likely they just do it because they want the NW-XP and be done with it.

Anyway... WTB Handshake 5P

vor einer Stunde schrieb Vaml77:

they are running out of ideas....

that would be kinda embarrassing, but i dont really think thats the case.

While looking for the Topic which DE created to gather ideas (couldnt find it) i glanced over some old announcements, and looking back i get the feeling that DE simply sees no reason to get creative because when they deviate just a little too much from the usual grind-formula of the tasks which are nothing but "do this x times", people start to complain.

For example: Does anybody know if the task "do a spy with only your operator" has ever been in the game? Because i have seen it in an announcement, but i cant recall seeing it ingame. So either people already complained before it became part of NW, or they started complaining as soon as it got added (maybe there have been other reasons, dont know). I mean, i would like to do that task, and i have seen many people saying they want more like those on the first page. But i wouldnt be surprised if there have been some voices that complained how that is too hard and moaned about stuff like why voidmode doesnt prevent lasers from triggering and so on so that they thought "ok, you complain about all of this? here, take this new do 3 spy missions task and shut up" 😄

17 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Regarding some of the replies i got here i also wondered if i should feel sorry for prefering tasks that involve actually playing the game (i dont). Sometimes i get the feeling that for some people something is already considered "good" or at least acceptable/not worth to complain about just because its "not hard". Doesnt matter how questionable a system is, you always get answers like "why do you complain? its not hard".

Had the same feeling with the process of generating a Lich when i talked about it. The system still leads to rather stupid situations in which you run a basic starchart-mission a large amount of time because of RNG just to get the process started which can take almost as long as hunting and killing the Lich itself, but people seem to be happy already just because the Update didnt make things worse. No one said that they actually enjoy the process or think that its good gamedesign, but complaining about it gets shut down partly for the reason that its not that hard.

Yeah thats why i wonder if Nightwave is supposed to be some sort of a Tutorial like "did you know you can use emotes?". But like i mentioned before, a system like Nightwave isnt suitable to be something like that imo. Maybe they really think its actually fun to make people use emotes or that it makes the players socialize more in Relays like some poster here suggested, and i do at least understand the thought process behind that. At the same time, i highly doubt that that a Nightwave task like this really leads to people socializing more, most likely they just do it because they want the NW-XP and be done with it.

Anyway... WTB Handshake 5P

Mmm, lich creation is another good point. Same for me there, I wanna play the lich mode, not run low level content I've already ran 1000 times over and over, and at times have it take longer to create a single lich than it takes me to actually be involved with the lich.

I think alot comes down to DE wanting WF to be like an MMO, but shoving a bunch of "socializing" aspects into it doesnt improve player to player interaction. And ontop of that WF just doesnt have the foundation needed for it to be like an MMO... cos it just isnt one. It is that or DE really wants to bring the "selfie" mentality to the game, with players posing among others whipping out pointless poses while snapping some pictures to increase popularity points on some random platform. Just the whole "take a screenshot in captura" gives me those cringe vibes.

2022/2/27 AM4点29分 , DreisterDino 说:

I think the only reason DE introduced such tasks is to let ultra new players gain 1000 standing for free.

Archived