Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

too much grind too much resources not enough time to play

666stick

well for the third time i join this game to find there's even more grind . i like your game ive been a fan since the start , but i cant play it too much grind not enough time to play i spent today 5 hours in grind just to find i cant build what i want because i need more farm. is too much farm grind sry but once again i go away from this game no time to do nothing .... too much grind no time to play it have a life. by all

15 minutes ago, 666stick said:

well for the third time i join this game to find there's even more grind . i like your game ive been a fan since the start , but i cant play it too much grind not enough time to play i spent today 5 hours in grind just to find i cant build what i want because i need more farm. is too much farm grind sry but once again i go away from this game no time to do nothing .... too much grind no time to play it have a life. by all

The game is always adding new items, there will always be more grind whenever you come back.  What did you spend 5 hours grinding for?  Someone might have been able to help you find a faster/more efficient way to have done it. 

You don’t need to do everything. Just pick the things you want and grind for that. There’s no expiration date on most content, so don’t worry about how long it takes.

If you enjoy Warframe’s gameplay, but don’t enjoy the grind, it’s perfectly fine to farm for things in a less efficient way if you find that way to be more enjoyable. I don’t use any of the efficient leveling methods, so I don’t level very quickly, but because I’m doing the missions I enjoy, I don’t mind the grind of leveling things. It doesn’t matter if content takes longer to complete if you’re enjoying yourself during that time.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Leqesai:

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Mickey Mouse

They are very rude, but in essence they are right. You see, Warframe is a very grindy F2P game after all and I can tell you from experience, you're with the game for a few years, if you actually go at it. Patience is key, you need to know the basics of self-management. And many people can't handle that. This is not meant as insult, just a fact. You wouldn't recommend Dark Souls to everyone as well, would you? 
If you know that and still want to go at it, here are some essential that you should start with, that help you get through certain parts more efficiency:

-get an active (!) clan, helps you exchange resources and information and helps you to stay motivated

-meta is viral+slash/heat, if you mod your weapons towards this and damage/crit, you can quickly get through higher level content (also AoE weapons and melee!)

-Wukong: one of the most versatile and efficient frames in the game and accessible as well, get him!

-trade chat is hell, but you will need the plat for slots, especially Warframe slots (Do NOT just throw away frames without a very good reason).
Do the following: Wait for a new Prime Frame and keep farming it. The first few weeks a new prime is released, they go over the table for 100p+ effortlessly. This nets you the plat for necessities for the next few weeks. Plus points for having a clan that opens those relics with you. Also, mods, there are certain mods that people always look for that net you 10-20 plat each easily.

Hope, I could help you get a better grasp on what awaits you and what to do.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

They are very rude, but in essence they are right. You see, Warframe is a very grindy F2P game after all and I can tell you from experience, you're with the game for a few years, if you actually go at it. Patience is key, you need to know the basics of self-management. And many people can't handle that. This is not meant as insult, just a fact. You wouldn't recommend Dark Souls to everyone as well, would you? 
If you know that and still want to go at it, here are some essential that you should start with, that help you get through certain parts more efficiency:

-get an active (!) clan, helps you exchange resources and information and helps you to stay motivated

-meta is viral+slash/heat, if you mod your weapons towards this and damage/crit, you can quickly get through higher level content (also AoE weapons and melee!)

-Wukong: one of the most versatile and efficient frames in the game and accessible as well, get him!

-trade chat is hell, but you will need the plat for slots, especially Warframe slots (Do NOT just throw away frames without a very good reason).
Do the following: Wait for a new Prime Frame and keep farming it. The first few weeks a new prime is released, they go over the table for 100p+ effortlessly. This nets you the plat for necessities for the next few weeks. Plus points for having a clan that opens those relics with you. Also, mods, there are certain mods that people always look for that net you 10-20 plat each easily.

Hope, I could help you get a better grasp on what awaits you and what to do.

I'm not sure why you quoted my response. They said bye, so I said bye.

1 hour ago, 666stick said:

I have no life so I can't relate.... But our of Curiosity...what are you grinding for ?

49 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The game is always adding new items, there will always be more grind whenever you come back.  What did you spend 5 hours grinding for? 

I think this has been a huge problem with Warframe for a long time....

An Update comes out and the required Grind is tuned to stop players who already have most of everything from chewing through all of it in one weekend....

Unfortunately the knock on effect this has is the people who actually have lives just never really Catch up....

But that's okay because when the next Big Update Comes there's no longer any Need to keep the previous grinds to be so Excessive so DE can tube them down to something more Reasonable.... Except that Almost never ever do this....

To my knowledge the Grind has only ever been Reduced Twice.... Once for Railjack Rework and then Again for The New War....

Everything thing else is just almost as Bad as it was when it first Released....some things actually got worse....

This also has the additional knock on effect of dumb logic like The Hema.... Where DE feels like they have to "Respect The Grind."....

Noooo.... Don't Dial The Grind Up for the No Lifers in the first place ... I doubt they even spend money on the game because it's easy to pile up enough Junk to sell for Platinum to make Progressing and Skipping Grinds even faster ....

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

You don’t need to do everything. Just pick the things you want and grind for that. There’s no expiration date on most content, so don’t worry about how long it takes.

Speaking of Which:

@666stickthere's an Anniversary Event going down next Week....

You could... Maybe Stick around for that.... This is the one event in Warframe where really nice goodies are essentially given away for Free.... You might get a nice Boost from those ...

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

If you enjoy Warframe’s gameplay, but don’t enjoy the grind, it’s perfectly fine to farm for things in a less efficient way if you find that way to be more enjoyable. I don’t use any of the efficient leveling methods, so I don’t level very quickly, but because I’m doing the missions I enjoy, I don’t mind the grind of leveling things. It doesn’t matter if content takes longer to complete if you’re enjoying yourself during that time.

As I have confirmed Recently... Alot of the Efficient Grinds are only useful if you have just about Everything already....

Imagine Trying to Farm Focus without a means of reliably Getting your Energy back.... It's Awfully... Absolutely Awful.😱

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

I think this has been a huge problem with Warframe for a long time....

An Update comes out and the required Grind is tuned to stop players who already have most of everything from chewing through all of it in one weekend....

Unfortunately the knock on effect this has is the people who actually have lives just never really Catch up....

But that's okay because when the next Big Update Comes there's no longer any Need to keep the previous grinds to be so Excessive so DE can tube them down to something more Reasonable.... Except that Almost never ever do this....

To my knowledge the Grind has only ever been Reduced Twice.... Once for Railjack Rework and then Again for The New War....

Everything thing else is just almost as Bad as it was when it first Released....some things actually got worse....

This also has the additional knock on effect of dumb logic like The Hema.... Where DE feels like they have to "Respect The Grind."....

Noooo.... Don't Dial The Grind Up for the No Lifers in the first place ... I doubt they even spend money on the game because it's easy to pile up enough Junk to sell for Platinum to make Progressing and Skipping Grinds even faster ....

There are specific items with an unreasonable grind for sure, the Hema & Sibar come to mind, but in general there will always be a resource grind just because they're always adding something new to the game and constantly quitting isn't going to resolve that.  

Really curious what was taking 5 hours to grind and it still not being enough, though.  I feel this may be more not going to the right place/having the right Warframe than anything else.  Unless we are talking about the Hema & Sibar lol 

7 hours ago, 666stick said:

That doesn't explain what kind of grind you're talking about. Try listing what grind you're facing with so we can give some solutions

7 hours ago, 666stick said:

Warframe's not for everyone. Also, it's not a race, you're free to take as much time as you need to farm/level-up stuff. There's also no need to farm for everything. If you happen to really enjoy the gameplay loop, then farming mastery ranks is just something to do while you play.

I'm not too sure what you were hoping to build in under 5hours. There's plenty of things that can be farmed/built in under 5 hours (although you would still have to wait for the build timers). But there's also plenty of things which would take many many hours to farm and build. That's just part of the gameplay. Sounds like it's not for you, and that's okay.

It's also possible you were simply farming using a very inefficient method. Have you tried asking for help?

I don't appreciate the tone of people who would rather chase you off quickly than confront the fact that this game has some design problems.  I love warframe but man, the grindiness used to push the microtransactions can be a little much.  You ultimately have to decide if it's worth it to you, because DE knows the game is grindy and they intend to keep it that way.

I also agree with other posters that you can get a lot of help and advice to make the grind a lot less bad, if you talk to other tenno about what's gating you.

Dude take your time. There are a lot more bored veterans with nothing to do than people with things to grind. Enjoy the grind while you still can. Switch out your equipments to make farming more interesting. If you're still getting bored, take a break. Those items aren't going anywhere.

Warframe is a grindy game, sure. But it's not that bad. Warframe's grind is a lot, but you can get the things you want pretty much within a week. Necromechs might take a bit longer, but it's really not that bad.

Want to talk about terrible grind? Ironman on OSRS is a grind. If I could pull that off and still have a life, Warrframe is super chill. Just take it easy and do things at your own pace

15 hours ago, 666stick said:

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate for: Buying Stuff

yep, Warframe is Free to Play, Pay to Skip. so for people who just don't have time to grind, they can just Buy Items.

oh wait you're leaving

eh, whatever.

16 hours ago, 666stick said:

warframe game of grinding an slowly progressing over a long period of time.
not a game where you can farm afew hours an become an overpowered chad

17 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my response. They said bye, so I said bye.

outside of your snarky remark , that type of attitude is what allianates players from the community and sometimes the game . 

If players wouldve stayed quiet during early stages of every open world mind numbing farm element (for example , there are many other examples)  , we would have have it much worse , not everyone is a whale (i dont assume your situation im just saying) , so i'd like to be clear on that front. 

not to mention people have lives , not everyone has too much time to spare , if you know what i mean by that. So the op's argument  ,even if not solidly made  , is legitimate.

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Sounds like you're the perfect candidate for: Buying Stuff

yep, Warframe is Free to Play, Pay to Skip. so for people who just don't have time to grind, they can just Buy Items.

oh wait you're leaving

eh, whatever.

Good thing that DE actually listens to non-whales , especially for the last couple years :) cant imagine what the game would look like if they were to only cater to likes of you.

Archived