Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus School System Rework - A Broad Overview

[DE]Megan

14 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Just me being cynical, but I'm guessing the radio silence means there are no changes planned for that slog. This is "grindframe", after all...

Honestly, I don't mind grinding, that part doesn't upset me that much. But I do mind my previous effort being wasted. For example, I'm glad I never bothered farming Eidolons Lens, people that invested in those lenses as upgrades must feel some type of way knowing that now we have Lua Lens and they are a big upgrade. Do you want to improve that Eidolons Lens that you had put previously? Too bad, you need to farm another Eidolon Lens, upgrade it to Lua, and destroy your previous one. It's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee input while using your Operator will now instantly Transfer to your Warframe and perform a Melee attack. 

• Having no Melee weapon equipped will result in Transferring to your Warframe holding your Primary/Secondary instead.

• Warframe Melee Finishers can be triggered as Operator with ‘Use’ input near an unaware or stunned enemy, automatically insta-Transferring to Warframe to perform them.

• So what about Void Blast? It’s been retired and replaced with the above. For scenarios where Void Blast is requested (disarming Kuva Guardians, etc) using the new Void Sling mechanic (or Amps in some cases) will do the trick.

Honestly, not a big fan of this. Void Blast is far easier to use than Void Sling, and in situations where our Warframe is inaccessible, this change will only take away an important ability.

The buffs you could put on Void Blast were pretty nice, and turning those effects into abilities is rather unnecessary. The best way to address it would be to buff it or add some Operator arcanes that can give it some special effects.

Additionally, what's going to happen with The War Within quest?

2 minutes ago, TheHunter365 said:

yup i understand this opinion of bringing an ability only used in something to integrate it into more casual gameplay, but its not necessary, even for sisters you just need eclipse, good burst weapon (like tenet detron secondary fire), good modding with anti faction, ms cc and cd, and here you go ^^

well its to try and make Madurai seem more viable in casual gameplay, and also integrate it to more casual use. Because currently, at least in casual gameplay, Void Strike is probably the most useless Focus ability, so by changing it like this it makes it more viable, and thus seem like less of a wasted slot, and thus more likely to be picked up.

il y a 2 minutes, TheHunter365 a dit :

yup i understand this opinion of bringing an ability only used in something to integrate it into more casual gameplay, but its not necessary, even for sisters you just need eclipse, good burst weapon (like tenet detron secondary fire), good modding with anti faction, ms cc and cd, and here you go ^^

not even needed that : a frame like harrow (for his 1) or a khora (with her 2) and a damn knell melt liche and sister

13 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

2.5k, do you have any idea how much focus one needs to max out a school? They haven't shown the numbers for unlocking and ranking up the nodes, and I'm sure they're in the 5, 6 or even 7 digit ranges per node. So, in reality, 2.5k is a drop in the bucket.

it may be one enemy type but ive seen so many of them spawn in just the little timeframe that they showed us that you can easily get 10k in one group, its not that bad all things considered, hell you can probably see up to like 10 of them in a single area, they're pretty common even early on in a mission

il y a 1 minute, toudy49 a dit :

not even needed that : a frame like harrow (for his 1) or a khora (with her 2) and a damn knell melt liche and sister

yeah i just don't understand why hurting really bad one aspect of the game to benifit other aspect that don't need any benifit :(

VAZARIN

e3b9344e31d9db1b762edf6203ac2173.png

This is Rubbish... This is very massive rubbish and a big sign DE doesnt player their own game.

Its already stupidly hard hitting other players with Protective Dash during fast paced missions, now Vazarin users are going to have to wait for a Range Marker to reach the player in need to healing which by the time it gets there they will probably have moved away.

Thanks DE for further discouraging who uses Vazarin to switch to a less supportive and more cheesy focus.

It infuriates me as a Vazarin Main since Focus is a thing and every time DE chose to touch Focus they only made Vazarin worst.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

This is Rubbish... This is very massive rubbish and a big sign DE doesnt player their own game.

Its already stupidly hard hitting other players with Protective Dash during fast paced missions, now Vazarin users are going to have to wait for a Range Marker to reach the player in need to healing which by the time it gets there they will probably have moved away.

Thanks DE for further discouraging who uses Vazarin to switch to a less supportive and more cheesy focus.

void dash is not even that much slower than current based on how we saw it work, it might be like a .2/.3 second slower than now but thats nothing in the grand scheme of things, you will also have guardian shell...also known as warding halo to pop before dashing at them

il y a 4 minutes, TheHunter365 a dit :

yeah i just don't understand why hurting really bad one aspect of the game to benifit other aspect that don't need any benifit :(

I just wanted to tell a crowd controll and a not  popular weapon is far more accessible than a infusion of helmith and do the job even on the most undelicate we have outside heidolon and ropalolyst. soo the problem is not damage  outside amps  .... if they snap cool down but make it operator only , it would be a far better option since it drain all the energy  of the operator so put an inate cool down if no use of energy pizza...

A little worried about void sling for procing virtuous shadow. But my major issue is the void strike. The way it is rn allows for you to stop charging early and compensate for that by firing more shots. The cooldown is way to long for eidolons. It will be less usable and unreliable.

Currently you only need a x5 multiplier for eidolon Shields with a crit and volt shield. This new variant as I'm understanding is x10 or x19 with the zenurik waybound so it's unnecessary for eidolons. That cooldown should be in line with the eidolons roar duration after a limb is broken in my opinion 

I'm still not sold on Void Sling, the new version looks "not as bad" as the previous one but still inferior to normal void dash, if you're honest, leave both accessible in game and let us, the players, judge witch one plays better.

I also don't like void transfer thematically, i think the old void blast was perfectly fine and this just replace two key presses by one. Give us operator melee options instead (there's lore to back this up too)

The cooldowns are always grating (even on the archwing blink) use energy instead, it's a trend like "hold to do thing" that really doesn't fit well (except for that ONE THING you're not using it for, CALLING EXCAVATORS) with the rest of the gameplay.

il y a 1 minute, (XBOX)SeaMagician703 a dit :

A little worried about void sling for procing virtuous shadow. But my major issue is the void strike. The way it is rn allows for you to stop charging early and compensate for that by firing more shots. The cooldown is way to long for eidolons. It will be less usable and unreliable.

Currently you only need a x5 multiplier for eidolon Shields with a crit and volt shield. This is x10 or x19 with the zenurik waybound so it's unnecessary for eidolons. That cooldown should be in line with the eidolons roar duration after a limb is broken in my opinion 

You don't need to dash into the eidolon's head to proc shadow anymore, the new sling is unidirectional wich mean no more backdash, and you can just straight up shoot the eidolon's head since no more restriction on how many charges you have left ^^

Reworked Void Strike:

• Consumes all Operator energy to increase damage for 8s. Deal 10% additional damage for every percentage of Operator energy consumed. 40s cooldown.

• eg. 100% of Energy consumed is 1000% damage.

• Why: Old Void Strike’s long charge up time didn’t provide an ideal gameplay experience within the fast paced environment. Players found themselves sitting in Void Mode waiting for the Damage bonus to build up. Now Void Strike no longer needs Void Mode and has instant damage on input. Additionally, Void Strike is Duration based now instead of per shot, meaning damage gets applied to all pellets of a shotgun for instance.

We know you want everyone in squad to take Down limb one by one. by adding 40 second cooldown..

but it is too much to be honest..

i think 25-30 second cool down is enough.. without its getting overpowerd in normal mission..

this way 3 - 2 Players can focus on limbs.. while one can run unairu wisp/zenurik{ for replanishing lost energy fast} with a damage weapon to take down limbs..

this way they can be somewhat efficient in eidolon hunts without hurting it too much..

I am a Solo eidolon hunter.. and i usually carry my friends by taking down shields and while other focus on limbs and lure.. so it just basically strips my role away from me from my squad and it really hurt ;-;

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

So what about Void Blast? It’s been retired and replaced with the above. For scenarios where Void Blast is requested (disarming Kuva Guardians, etc) using the new Void Sling mechanic (or Amps in some cases) will do the trick.

I hope you guys won't forget that part in The War Within where you need the void blast

Normal

I dont understand what the purpose of removing old void dash is, if you were going to add a similar feature back. Just leave the current void dash as it is (do not touch it), and add a functionality for void sling into it if you hold the jump bar. It's better to add than to just remove specially when it comes to the BEST feature the operator has.

Salty
Void sling absolutely sucks compared to void dash, which was, arguably one of the BEST THINGS about the operator. I don't buy the "It was hard to control" excuse, because it is two keys. Just two keys. If anything you should switch the way the Sling and Dash works, tap = LONG FAST VOID DASH so we can chain it like we used to if we want, and Hold = SLOW SHORT VOID SLUG .

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

While true, the zenurik energy regen is far from the best option to regain energy. A dagger zaw with exodia brave is better than zenurik.

Arcane energize + Dethcube is miles ahead

Protea's dispensary paired with arcane energize is also miles ahead

I do agree that people gravitate towards zenurik for the energy regen, it really is a low to mid-level gameplay boon. 

Universal energy regen is absolutely not needed when there are really powerful options for energy regen already available.

The problem with most "energy regen" stuffs is that they are tied to specific gear (frame or Helminth ability, companion, zaw etc) or expensive (arcane energize costs ~1.5k plat!).

Some small energy regen wouldn't be bad:

To be honest all those stuffs should be available on default:

- combo efficiency & drain

- energy regen

- health regen

- ammo conversion

- picking loot

- opening lockers & destroying resources to loot

Sure, schools could make it better but it's "weaker" version should be available for all players. It's sad me if I want to "use" above stuffs I have to use specific and probably boring stuffs. That's why I'm running Carrier + Looter + some HP mods + ammo conversion + Zenurik + combo efficiency + Arcane energize. No need to change stuffs for "basic" functionality.

School rework seems nice but it won't change the fact that I would be using Zenurik a lot. That's the easiest way to get energy.

The whole notion of tag-teaming with your frame is great in principle, but it is never going to feel good when one of them is the World-Breaker Hulk and the other is an anemic toddler.

Operators need some form of scaling. The easiest would be to make operator health/armor scale with enemies and abilities/amps scale with %HP with a few exception cases on bosses, eidos, etc- that way you aren't stuck either a) scaling with Warframe mods (limiting build diversity) or b) creating an operator-specific modding system (way more labor-intensive).

void strike... needs a few changes. but before i can begin on that and its problems, void strike's original use needs to be explained
to clarify beforehand: "regular gameplay/missions" in this scenario is more or less everything outside of eidolon hunts.
originally, void strike was a tool for eidolon hunts.
its ability to store eight buffed shots indefinitely perfectly synergizes with how good snipers are for eidolon hunts, allowing one person to charge up a damage buff while others collect the initial lures, waiting for gantulyst and hydrolyst to spawn, and so on.
in practice, this worked perfectly fine. as there was no real cooldown between charges, and generally after taking down a eidolon you can empty your shots quick and begin recharging while waiting for everything to happen for the next one.
what was the problem with old void strike?
everyone knows the big one, time spent. in order to build up a substantial buff you would need to spend a little while in the void. while this works for eidolon hunts where you have the openings, in regular missions it would be very hard to get it up to a reasonable point.
but another problem is that it couldnt buff fast firing weapons as well.
but whats the problem with the new void strike? 
the biggest problem is that void strike has effectively gone from a eidolon hunt tool to a panic button. or in other words its role has been flipped entirely.
its long cooldown plus short duration make it effectively useless for eidolons.
thanks to eidolon shields and the animation time gating you cant chain snipe limbs. meaning at MOST you will get two limbs before that cooldown has ended.
which leads into the next problem which branches outside of eidolon hunts: the change from shots to duration for the buff expiring.
for snipers or other low fire rate weapons this is a lot of lost utility. while of course on the other hand high fire rate weapons benefit more from this.
the third problem is the fact that the buff has gone from open ended to hard capped. the main complaint with this is that its really just restricting fun. you can no longer build up absurd numbers to mess around.
the fourth and final problem problem is that before you could hold onto the buff as long as you wanted. its new timer based function does not allow that.
so how should void strike be changed? is naturally the next part.
on activating void strike:
convert 25% of your operator energy to a 250% damage buff, this buff will be stacked on consecutive activations.
the buff will last for four seconds AND six shots, meaning the buff will only be removed when both conditions are meet. reactivating the skill will not refresh either counter.
the timer will only count down after the first shot
when the first shot is fired, a 5 second cooldown starts. every stack of the buff will increase the cooldown by +3 seconds. (5 for 1 stack, 8 for 2 stacks, 11 for 3 stacks, and so on), ontop of that the skill cant be used while the buff is still counting down. meaning both the timer and counter need to be gone before you can restack it.
the energy cost will also increase by 5% per stack (30%,35%,40%, and so on). capping at 100%. the gained damage does not increase with energy
before the timers on the buff are active you CANNOT gain operator energy from any source other than natural regeneration
what does this fix?
1. brings back the original use as a eidolon hunt tool while keeping the aspect of being a panic button.
2. brings back the open endedness while also not allowing it to be exploited in regular missions
3. brings back the ability to hold onto the buff
4. allows both slow fire rate and high fire rate weapons to properly benefit from the buff
thus allowing void strike to be useful in both regular gameplay and eidolon hunts.

1 minute ago, Loopgru said:

The whole notion of tag-teaming with your frame is great in principle, but it is never going to feel good when one of them is the World-Breaker Hulk and the other is an anemic toddler.

Operators need some form of scaling. The easiest would be to make operator health/armor scale with enemies and abilities/amps scale with %HP with a few exception cases on bosses, eidos, etc- that way you aren't stuck either a) scaling with Warframe mods (limiting build diversity) or b) creating an operator-specific modding system (way more labor-intensive).

Until the Zariman update, only Eidolons depend on meaningful operator damage. Looking at the new mission gameplay, half of operator-need moments are gimmick stuff and the other for taking out those ghosts. If they are truly weak to void and are not like the sentients with their pseudo-void weakness we may not see scaling like that until the Duviri Paradox.

Archived