Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes should start missions with full energy.

ANT.

You don't start missions with half health or shields. You don't start missions needing to reload your gun. Why do we need to start missions with less than full energy? Unless it's some grand conspiracy to sell more Forma, there is no good reason why your orbiter/arsenal shouldn't recharge your energy for the next mission. Make [Preparation] obsolete.

Not realistic enough. 

Void empowered kids making bio-mechanical super cyborgs bullet jump dozens of meters into the air, whilst raining down fire, spores, ice, gravity and tentacles, and destroying large ships with bows... that I can buy into, its a bit fantastical, but it might be possible in the future. 

Being full of energy though... life, zest, or whatever... instead of just the bare minimum, enough to make it seem like you sort of semi function, thats too far IMO, too unrealistic and its also a little rude. Harrow is the exception. He is allowed to start off with all the energy because he spent all that time chained up, so relatively speaking... 

To be more serious though, I am not against the idea, but I am also use to how it currently is. 

31 minutes ago, ANT. said:

I'm gonna go ahead and give you an opportunity to read the last sentence of my post.

They don't read. I saw someone talking about energy in Steel Path and someone's recommendation was to spam energy restores. In Steel Path. Where they have a 60 second cooldown and tick 100 energy every 7.5 seconds.

vor einer Stunde schrieb ANT.:

Make [Preparation] obsolete.

I think it's about escalation of a mission. You start at not 100%, just as the enemy does. They aren't usually spawning in at full capacity the moment you enter the stage.

This prevents the gameplay-loop to get even more static.

Also, at this point, it's quite easy to top your energy off anyway. A high level player hardly has hardly ever to stop spamming skills.

1 minute ago, evinta said:

They don't read. I saw someone talking about energy in Steel Path and someone's recommendation was to spam energy restores. In Steel Path. Where they have a 60 second cooldown and tick 100 energy every 7.5 seconds.

read? does a new player know what preperation does? wihtout looking up on the wiki? do they even know how to chat link?

and yes hey me as an ivara main will welcome this, i never have to use energy pads ever again or preparation

Would be nice if we had some passive energy regen by default, although that would likely make energy syphon redundant. I always feel for the new warframe players who only get to use like 5 abilities per mission.

That, or DE can find a way to incorporate some consistent energy regeneration into the combat flow instead of relying on random chance of energy orbs. Like, killing lifted enemies grant like 10 energy per kill or something. (Feel free to brainstorm other ideas)

I don't think there is a need to make Preparation obsolete. There is a niche that the mod fills and that's fine. However, I think there is something to be said about energy economy in general. You have to go out of your way to have some form of energy regeneration, spam energy pads, or rely on inconsistent drops of energy orbs. If you want to make mods obsolete, get rid of Energy Siphon and give the passive energy gain to every warframe as default. It's not like it is going to be overpowered.

Would it be nice to have full energy at the start of missions? Sure. Is it necessary? Not when we have energy pads and relatively cheap blueprints for them. Just pop down two or three and be off. I have not had issues with energy at the start of missions in years because of energy pads.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Would it be nice to have full energy at the start of missions? Sure. Is it necessary? Not when we have energy pads and relatively cheap blueprints for them. Just pop down two or three and be off. I have not had issues with energy at the start of missions in years because of energy pads.

Just because a system has been around for years and there are band-aid fixes for it doesn't make it good.

Just now, ANT. said:

Just because a system has been around for years and there are band-aid fixes for it doesn't make it good.

I disagree with regard to energy pads being a bandaid fix for this. There are multiple ways to spawn with full energy and easy ways to max your energy with or without energy pads. 

22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree with regard to energy pads being a bandaid fix for this. There are multiple ways to spawn with full energy and easy ways to max your energy with or without energy pads. 

My point is, there should only be ONE way to do it. The same way you spawn in with full health and full ammo. Automatically. Like seriously, it makes absolutely no sense that it's not this way in the first place.

57 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It doesn't mean they are great. Anything that forces you to specific setup (using helminth ability, certain companion etc) without any freedom (e.g. you can only bring 1 companion) is bad.

However pads far from being perfect are not that bad. At least for emergency situations (especially HP one). They are not great for initial energy imho.

i'd estimate that atleast half of everything that happens or is added to the game is to sell more Forma. it's the best selling thing in the history of the game.
specifically this may or may not be applicable, i don't remember if we got that bonus Energy for remaining points before Forma was added in U8, but...

just sayin'

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ANT.:

You don't start missions with half health or shields. You don't start missions needing to reload your gun. Why do we need to start missions with less than full energy? Unless it's some grand conspiracy to sell more Forma, there is no good reason why your orbiter/arsenal shouldn't recharge your energy for the next mission. Make [Preparation] obsolete.

there is strange mod for it. but yes, it would be very good, because there is primed flow. and its my favorite for wukong builds.

and this strange mod eats important slot! this is bad, because there is PRIMED SURE FOOTED!

I love when games break their own in universe rules and realism at the same time just to inconvenience the player.

Literally nothing is stopping the tenno from charging their warframe up before starting a mission. Hell it would be actively detrimental not to do so, obviously. It'd be like rolling out on to the battlefield in an electric tank without fully charging it or stocking it with ammo, when you had all the time and resources in the world to do so before going out. It makes no sense. The only explanation would be that the landing craft runs on the warframe's energy but that's absurd logic and also easily disprovable.

There is no good reason in the lore, but it make sense in term of gameplay, which is the most important.

You do not spawn with full energy because this give more value to powers that are especially strong early in the game, and encourage playing more with all economy related mechanics :

• Remaining mod energy increase your spawn energy
  • Preparation increase your spawn energy
  • Efficiency give more value to the starting energy

So regardless of how "annoying" it is to you, it's a part of the game that provide both a sense of progression and gameplay diversity, which is a good thing.

48 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I love when games break their own in universe rules and realism at the same time just to inconvenience the player.

Literally nothing is stopping the tenno from charging their warframe up before starting a mission. Hell it would be actively detrimental not to do so, obviously. It'd be like rolling out on to the battlefield in an electric tank without fully charging it or stocking it with ammo, when you had all the time and resources in the world to do so before going out. It makes no sense. The only explanation would be that the landing craft runs on the warframe's energy but that's absurd logic and also easily disprovable.

I choose to believe this is the reason, haha
(just the first part, ignore the JC/walton conversation)

24 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

There is no good reason in the lore, but it make sense in term of gameplay, which is the most important.

You do not spawn with full energy because this give more value to powers that are especially strong early in the game, and encourage playing more with all economy related mechanics :

• Remaining mod energy increase your spawn energy
  • Preparation increase your spawn energy
  • Efficiency give more value to the starting energy

So regardless of how "annoying" it is to you, it's a part of the game that provide both a sense of progression and gameplay diversity, which is a good thing.

Preparation

Obtainable from the Arbitrations vendor in the Arbiters of Hexis room in Relays for 30  Vitus Essence.

Flow drops from Tier 3 survi/excavations (~1/2 of starchart).

Streamline: same + ~7% at stage 2 & ~30 at stage 3 bounty (lowest)

There is one orb per Eximus but I heard it's hard to kill for new players.

When I was younger player I just couldn't use abilities too much. When I've gotten ways to build pads I spammed them (still do that at the beginning). It wasn't progression. Game just were telling me that I need farm stuffs to have fun.

Archived