Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.2

[DE]Megan

Crossplay option disabled keeps PC players from playing with other PC players who has crossplay enabled. This is not what crossplay means. Disabling it should only keep console players from showing up in recruit chat, but PC players are also hidden if they have it enabled, meaning that Warframe is now actively discriminating against PC players who do not wish to participate in crossplay. I really dont understand how is this not a top priority.

Another problem is voidsling. It is uncontrollable, laggy and yet SLOWER and SHORTER than voiddash. We need voiddash back!

Edit:

47 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

PC/Xbox Cross Platform Play Fixes: 

• Changed the way that respective platform icons appear for players in order to continue to comply with player identification requirements across platforms. The following are the new icon changes:

• Platform-specific icons only appear for players who are playing on the same platform

• Your platform-specific icon will appear beside your own name

• All players on platforms other than your own will have the generic icon

• A visual example of how PC players will see this: 4986519539238d56c10acdaadfb18d5e.png

You guys just keep on giving... What does that sentence even mean? "comply with player identification requirements"??? I have had it!

• Can not disable crossplay cause then I cant find people in recruit chat because you did not implement it properly!
  • Can not disable the annoying platform indicators!
  • Now we are stuck with product placements in warframe!
  • Now every player has a fcking windows icon next to their name, except XBOX players, who, instead of the xbobx logo have a generis icon. Crossplay is only on xbox and pc, thank god you protect me from displaying my plaform, im sure that noone will ever figure out or how does that hurt my privacy.
  • Breaks immersion!

So i guess my question is: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM?

I want out of this whole fcking mess of a crossplay and YOU keep forcing it on me!

I'll be honest, we need platform icons for crossplay but this direction seems... weird. Your original direction was better, but I'm guessing this is because of some hoopla where dumb platform holders don't want their logos in other places? My question would be, have you checked with them on whether they really have issues with this for IDing players in crossplay? While I can imagine Sony being Sony and being stuck up about it (in which case you could put like [PS] on names or something) I highly doubt MS has a problem with the Xbox logo being used like this. As for Nintendo, that could be a coin flip.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Adjusted more offsets for the Shard Bane Ephemera on Nidus, Gendel, Chroma, Lavos, Frost, Hildryn, Atlas, Rhino, Ash, and Vauban. 

Ah, well, there goes even more bile on my part lol I should have just left those shards on my Chroma I guess 

hace 24 minutos, [DE]Megan dijo:

All color channels are now visible in the Operator Attachments category when an Ephemera is equipped that requires more than 1 color channel. 

• This fixes only having 1 color option for Ephemeras that use more than just the Energy color channel for Operators (Eros Wings, Nyctalus, etc.). 

still doesn't work

Operator:

image.png

Drifter:

image.png

still thanks for the patch and the effort!👌

29 minutes ago, .Khaos. said:

And how exactly would you type that when using the /invite command? It's a lot easier for both players and the code to recognise and type a # tag than a symbol that has to be referenced in memory.

You don't need to do anything with the symbol when inviting someone.

If I invite you on PC, it's /invite .Khaos.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed enemy Narmer one-shot projectile ignoring Limbo's Rift state. The Rift has some exceptions, but these mad lad shots are not one of them

hey that's kinda cool. now do that for units possessing overguards, as it should :3 

First few minutes of this update, speaking from the perspective of someone who spends the grand majority of game time in chat, is that the icons make it more difficult to read.
Whether it's due to my personal focus impairment or not, it simply feels as if the size and positioning of the icon distracts from both username and content being written.

A solution for it could be putting the icon in front of the username. In addition to it, a slightly smaller one too.
This way it won't intervene by being in the middle of the conversation but rather mark a new line in chat.

Sample: 

image.png

You do have a point, I didn't really think about it much with the Xbox ones for some reason, but the windows one feels like it'd be better at the beginning. Although, I guess the majority of speakers didn't have an icon before for me to take notice of at all hah

34 minutes ago, .Khaos. said:

How else would you suggest dealing with multiples of the same name?

Well, there is only potential for 4-5 duplicate names, so you can simply have #1 (PC), #2 (Xbox), #3 (Playstation), #4 (Switch), #5 (Android/iOS), or short form names for the systems: #PC, #XB, #PS, #Sw, #An, #IOS.

Another vote for the removal of the Windows icons next to the names. They serve no purpose at all. If you can't show platform specific icons for other platforms like xbox, sure, fine. Then just give them the generic icon like you did, PC players don't need an icon at all, because the assumption will then be: every name not with a generic icon = PC player. Generic icon = player on a console platform.

4 minutes ago, Ligaratus said:

Another vote for the removal of the Windows icons next to the names. They serve no purpose at all. If you can't show platform specific icons for other platforms like xbox, sure, fine. Then just give them the generic icon like you did, PC players don't need an icon at all, because the assumption will then be: every name not with a generic icon = PC player. Generic icon = player on a console platform.

Literally this. I see no other reason to have pc players get the icon when it was pretty obvious already. 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Echoes of Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.1.2
Fixes: 

• More fixes towards ammo pickups hovering around Warframe when Spectre has more max ammo than player. 

Fantastic, thanks Megan for fixing this one, it was a real pain. Just tested it with a specter and an On-Call Crew Member, no issues, nice =)

YnfdFyG.gif

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

All players on platforms other than your own will have the generic icon

If it has to be generic, I'd suggest an X shaped icon and maybe even writing out "Crossplay" in certain places, for example on the loading screen and in the upper left, where there's enough space for it above the player's name. The current generic account icon is confusing.

16 minutes ago, CxLL said:

First few minutes of this update, speaking from the perspective of someone who spends the grand majority of game time in chat, is that the icons make it more difficult to read.
Whether it's due to my personal focus impairment or not, it simply feels as if the size and positioning of the icon distracts from both username and content being written.

A solution for it could be putting the icon in front of the username. In addition to it, a slightly smaller one too.
This way it won't intervene by being in the middle of the conversation but rather mark a new line in chat.

Sample: 

image.png

How about not displaying irrelevant information like this in the first place? Crossplay should filter out console players and if you have it enabled then you obviously dont care about playing with console players

27 minutes ago, Drex83 said:

I'll be honest, we need platform icons for crossplay but this direction seems... weird. Your original direction was better, but I'm guessing this is because of some hoopla where dumb platform holders don't want their logos in other places? My question would be, have you checked with them on whether they really have issues with this for IDing players in crossplay? While I can imagine Sony being Sony and being stuck up about it (in which case you could put like [PS] on names or something) I highly doubt MS has a problem with the Xbox logo being used like this. As for Nintendo, that could be a coin flip.

No, we dont. If you enable crossplay you take the risk of playing with people who have inferior controls and thus being clumsy, seeing their platform does not make any difference as you can not kick them. If you disable it you wont see them anyway.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You don't need to do anything with the symbol when inviting someone.

If I invite you on PC, it's /invite .Khaos.

Regarding invitations.

I note that when i tried to message you during the livestream, i did not use the wisper command, instead i did a "/profile [DE]Megan" and then from the profile i selected "chat"
This opened a tab with your name and hastag number (something that didn't appear if i simply did a wisper), but every reply i posted there was met with "user is currently offline and will not read this message", when i tried to check the profile page from this chat tab, it returned a "user does not exist" message.

I did this same procedure a 2nd time, resulting in a 2nd tab that broke the tab system (couldn't click on them or close them), like the game would return these messages to me in the 1st tab, even if i was using the 2nd one.
OSfKE97.png

Since i know you were online and your profile existed, i have no clue what the hell the game was trying to do.

Also, kahl textures are broken when you summon him

Expected:

Spoiler

MmGTWqN.jpg

What i get in a mission:

Spoiler

TkMW2mh.jpg

Archived